SCPMODA3_S.png
Welcome my fellow Arma addicts. So you've found your way to this page and with good reason - for scopes!
Well I'm happy to present the community with a lineup of attentively recreated models.
Each and every one has been studied and recreated as closely as my aging eyes can see.
Everything has been made from the ground up to please the milsim players with the texture fidelity to please the gamers alike.
It is without further ado that I present to you Scope Mod A3, making aiming a more enjoyable experience!

CREDITS
Robert_Hammer - Asset importing, content alterations and final compiles.
mp5gosu- Troubleshooting issues.
r0tzbua - Texture work. His Profile (External)
jason9jason - Texture work. His Profile (External)
Comrade - Texture work.

~@|Special Thanks|@~
Kouoaeha
Odec3D - Bonus Item! His Profile (External)

Thanks to ToxicSludge for the showcase video:

Please note that ASDG Joint Rails is required to run this addon. Download Link (Armaholic)

Aimpoint RDS - HD Tex
RDS.png
Comes in classic black.

Trijicon RX01 - HD Tex + KillFLASH Attachment
RX.png
Comes in classic black and includes a KillFlash variant.

Micro T1 - HD Tex + LaRue Mount Tall + LaRue Mount Short + KillFLASH Attachment
T1.png
Comes in classic black and includes a KillFlash and short-mount variant.

Leupold DeltaPoint + HD Tex + Tri Reticle
DT.png
Comes in classic black while also being available as an attachment for the Elcan SpecterDR.

NightForce B.E.A.S.T. 5-25x + HD Tex
NF.png
Comes in classic black.

Elcan SpecterDR + HD Tex + RDS Plate + Tan/Black/FDE/Desert Skins + KillFLASH Attachment
EL.png
Comes in classic black, desert, FDE and olive tan. Also included is a KillFlash and mounted reflex variant with 3D and 2D sights to choose from.

C-More Reflex Sight
CM.png
Comes in grey, green and classic black.

CLASS NAMES

========

MOD INSTALLATION

COPY '@SCPMODA3' TO YOUR MAIN ARMA III DIRECTORY || LAUNCH ARMA III || NAVIGATE TO 'CONFIGURE' AND THEN 'EXPANSIONS' || SELECT '@SMA3_R2' AND HIT 'ENABLE' || DONE

========

DOWNLOAD SOURCE

ArmaHolic.com
Download Link #1

####

ArmA3.de
Download Link #2

####

Play withSIX
Download Link #3

========

LICENSE

88x31.png
SCOPE MOD A3 BY JESSE STIPPEL (IANSKY) IS LICENSED UNDER A CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION-NONCOMMERCIAL-NODERIVATIVES 4.0 INTERNATIONAL LICENSE.
ALL MODELS AND TEXTURES ARE LICENSED TO THEIR RESPECTIVE PARTNERS.
Edited by iansky
  • Like 9

No matter how unrealistic it is, I would love to see a red laser dot even during the day, without night vision. Is this possible?

No matter how unrealistic it is, I would love to see a red laser dot even during the day, without night vision. Is this possible?

It is but keep in mind the current IR laser you see in game is a 250ish meter long object that is shown under IR, if you were to make something similar you would have a rather rediculious looking red stick attached to your rifle.

You could use a small dot at your aiming point however it would be nearly non visible at more than 50-100 meters and be inaccurate in most cases as it doesn't account for bullet drop over range.

Hey man, I just like lasers. Give me 50 lasers, strap em on me, I'll gladly parade around like a walking nightclub. During the day.

Hello chaps, just a quick update on the red dot sight:

RDS2.jpg

Modelling completed, going to push it into game conversion and mesh optimization then a quick slog of paint and I'll hand it over to my good friend Robbo.

Then I'll move onto the next scope, this was good modelling practice though - I've been a little rusty!

please dont stop doing this..looks more than nice..i woud realy love to see this in game..

Ok, game optimization is almost complete. Just need to optimize the rear laser mesh and then it's onto texturing and UV mapping.

For comparison, here's the high-poly mesh and the game ready mesh.

High-poly:

untitled2.png

Almost done!

Edit: Mesh finally optimized, it's sitting at around 1k faces - Not bad.

Edited by IanSky

UV unwrapping should be easy but if you'd like to help with texturing then you'd be welcome to... What's your Steam name?

UV unwrapping should be easy but if you'd like to help with texturing then you'd be welcome to... What's your Steam name?

Simply click that Steam-Icon below my profile info on the left. ;)

Thumbs up to Robert_Hammer for getting the scope imported.

Here's where the scope is at now, performance is good as the poly count is low and to the best of my knowledge well optimized. So no laggy FPS while using it!

Still needs the side bolts for the rail attachment and a texture/normal map but the overall shape is holding up well.

rsz_2013-09-16_00001.jpg

rsz_2013-09-16_00002.jpg

Obviously still needs a fair bit of work but I'll improve it over time...

Edited by IanSky

More progress guys, low-poly baked down and normal maps edited. Cavity map generated, here's how it's looking at the moment.

Last stage before importing into Arma III!

RDS.jpg

Ready for import. Time to start on the next scope. SpecterDR or Leupold scope, hmmm...? :P

screenshot0.jpg

Download will be available soon!

looking damn good! Just wondering, could you try, to use PiP on 3D scopes, with zoom? Btw, have you already?

Awesome looking scope mate, fair play.

One small crit, which is easily doable, the part around the holo dot, the actual sight bit, personally I believe you could of benefited from a few extra edge loops either side, it's a little jaggy.

Amazing models and textures, pure art. Waiting for more. Are you modelling just scopes for Arma3, or you're planning to model something else too?

Hey Ian, just want to point some things out, since I have this model here in front of my eyes.

It looks great, but a bit barren.

Maybe you should add some things like this.

20130921_1451166jiju.jpg

And maybe you should do another sight than just a dot - it's a bit overused :D

As you see this holo has 4 different typ of sights.

Just more pics, if you are interested :)

20130921_145032sze2c.jpg

20130921_145041rbfp3.jpg

20130921_145048r4ecn.jpg

@RedPhoenix

I also have the real thing on my desk, well... a replica.

I made this purely for the nostalgic feeling, as you yourself said, most games these days have some sort of rendition of this scope. So why not Arma 3?

I will however add in those selection icons for the back dial. The 'UP' on the top I'll leave as you'll very rarely see that in-game.

Thanks for the reference pics btw!

I'll release a release schedule on the OP.

As for now?

Time to release the RDS to the public!

Edited by IanSky

Hey IanSky, nice job! You should PM Foxhound to host your file on Armaholic and some other mod to move your thread to Addons -> Complete =)

If you don´t mind, I would suggest to include in your future release scope list the SUSAT (Kiory´s SA80 just needs this optic... oh and Meshcarver´s STALKER themed island too)

keep up the excelent work!