Sign in to follow this  
tobias2220

Setting up my server and mission

Hello, I just bought a server at website and i have tried it before but in a other game. This time its way different and there are alot of thing i want to learn but cant find anything about that i can really use. :butbut:

Starting of by finding my mission for my server to run i choose Takistan life: Revolution. I have no idea of how i can change the money you start with and what vehicles it allows you to buy at shops. I also wondered if there is admin menu you can download for that mission. Then after that comes the problem of getting my server to start running the mission. Even though its hosted somewhere else i can still acces the files but i dont know what to change and when i have tried to i has just failed. Some help with doing that would be nice.

And if possible i want to know if you can get some program or client that will save the server stats :j:

Thanks for your help, write a pm if you want about it. :)

Edited by tobias2220

Half the threads in this subforum are from people who can't get the takistan life whatever mission to run. If you have absolutely no idea how to manage a server maybe you shouldn't be hosting one. We can't help you with the very basics, you've got to learn them yourself.

I really cannot suggest starting a server on your own, as you are obviously new to the game, and scripting within it....

I would highly suggest joining a community running takistan life, and go from there. Most people are fairly helpful, and will let you do development work in their communities.

Hello.

I would suggest first if you want to run a game server is to start with a simple mission not something complicated with all sorts of scripts and such.

this way you understand where to put the mission, what the command line is, the server.cfg, the basic.cfg, understand the file setup, what to look for when runnign to issues when the mission dont start ect,.

Theres a few types of missions that from my experience admining a server that you need to do different things, depends.

1. basic missions - everyrthing stays the same, except your adding a mission to a specific folder on the server, shouldn't give you any trouble.

2. missions that require addons/mods - require that the addon and mod be on the server, as well as the client (you the player) joining the server

have those addons and mods and runnign them when you join the server.

3. this you have missions like Life missions - well tbh i never played them so i really cant tell you whats involved, and from what i get they run like a regular mission.

==============

What i need to know Tobias2220 is what gameserver provider did you rent your server from?

Maybe i can help you sort your issues out, but suggest that you better familiarize yourself with the game, and server related stuff.

You got to start somewhere. Anyways if you would like me to help you, then send me a pm, I have worked with numerous people in the community here helping them get their own gameservers setup, and issues sorted out, im no "expert" but i have had my own Arma1, Arma2, Arma2CO gameservers since 2007, and have had all sorts of missions on them, made by me and others.

Send me a pm and lets see what we can do.