Sign in to follow this  
xmurderx

Chinese people's liberation army

well its out now, and its a great pack.

pros:

custom uniforms, custom weapons (very nice looking), custom skins (of the chinise natives)

the tanks are repainted and thier loadout renamed

cons:

no blood textures

no groups

must use "setface" command

hmmm its not exactly easy to find and download and install for anyone speaking english is it? i finally found the download link and ended up downloading a .rar and inside was a readme and a .swf, i thought it might be the pbo disguised as another file...but it wasnt, so now im just lost...any other sites have mirrors? or do you have the direct link?

sorry guys!!

go here http://www.samren.net/sam/download/list.Asp?id=361

then go to the middle of the page a link with "download" in it will be there, click on that

this is how you install it

double click on the setup

you will get a splash screen, then it will say "initilizing setup" in chinise, next press the button at the bottom with an arrow pointing to the right, then click the first button (it means yes), now it will ask for the directory, by default it will put it in your resistance addons folder, click on the right arrow when your ready, now this part is important, the first check box is the actual addon, make sure its checked, the second box is the help me file (this is optional), now there are two more, if you have resistance, click on the last box, and if you just have ofp click on the third box. when your ready click on the right arrow and it will install

to use the chinise faces use the command "this setface "cf01"

you can go up to 18, I belive the last 8 faces are cammo faces

the mi-17 has a usable machine gun

there are 2 types of units, ground forces and paratrooper forces

the army fits (respectivly) under the east side.

all of the chinise equipment has its chinise name which is a good addition

I do belive the tanks on the game use ashs realism pack, which means they act like they do in real life, which means if you pit it against a game defaul m1a1 it will probley lose, make sure to pit it agains ash's realism pack armour/vehicles for best results.

have fun!

*bump*

am I the only one whos tried this good addon?

mad.gif is it because its non european? mad.gif

*sigh* Nevermind, I misread a post, I was actually trying to help someone, BUT FAILED! sad.gif

Is it just me or are there missing some stuff in the download?? all car cant be loaded says no entry special model or something like that. Also ofpr crash when choosing men ( only tried 2 but both made game crash)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Aug. 19 2002,23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it just me or are there missing some stuff in the download?? all car cant be loaded says no entry special model or something like that. Also ofpr crash when choosing men ( only tried 2 but both made game crash)<span id='postcolor'>

you probley didnt click on the box that said 1.75, I made that mistake the first time and I had the same problem you did.

this is how you install it

double click on the setup

you will get a splash screen, then it will say "initilizing setup" in chinise, next press the button at the bottom with an arrow pointing to the right, then click the first button (it means yes), now it will ask for the directory, by default it will put it in your resistance addons folder, click on the right arrow when your ready, now this part is important, the first check box is the actual addon, make sure its checked, the second box is the help me file (this is optional), now there are two more, if you have resistance, click on the last box, and if you just have ofp click on the third box. when your ready click on the right arrow and it will install

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 20 2002,01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i clicked that and ended downloading a .rar with an swf in it which didnt work<span id='postcolor'>

go here http://www.samren.net/sam/download/list.Asp?id=361

then go to the middle of the page a link with "download" in it will be there, click on that, I assure that works, I just tried it. it comes up as an .exe, what you clicked on was the pre release advertisment for the pack.

ok finally got it to work. Looks great just wonder why they make new weapon for the para troop and then dont make new weapon for the crew and sniper but uses the mp5 with other sound and the sniper rifle that i think fliper made.