Sign in to follow this  
dale

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Gameplay Modification

when is later? :)

EDIT: i have to let this here too..

"nice, this would be the fourth pr/clone/inofficial fork... im pretty convinced this will only contribute to vitalize the dim, desintegrated and frustrating state of pvp milsim that exists in arma3. Maybe we can decentralize and split our efforts even further so we can have even more almost identical competing incompatible little mods :P

(not trying to blame any particular team. its just... how it is... :/)"

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

as soon as we can squash those bugs and get gameplay balanced nicely, we want to provide a variety of missions to start off, we also want to get half way towards getting the TacBF forums up and running as the 12th mech ones are just temporary so that people can talk and discuss etc, we are still implementing features aswell.

Also now that Arma 3 is out we can say arma 3 is stable and that all content is out on stable branch, so we just need to focus on ensuring other mods are compatible with ours, some to discuss and look at are.

Suppression by Enricksolt

and

VTS Weapon Rest by L etranger

VTS Ballistic (server side mod) by L etranger

We are also looking at other mods such as the Mag Repack by Outlawled.

These need to be tested and ensure that they are compatible with TacBF but we hope to put these as part of the base gameplay.

"nice, this would be the fourth pr/clone/inofficial fork... im pretty convinced this will only contribute to vitalize the dim, desintegrated and frustrating state of pvp milsim that exists in arma3. Maybe we can decentralize and split our efforts even further so we can have even more almost identical competing incompatible little mods :P

(not trying to blame any particular team. its just... how it is... :/)"

I think you need to look back at the time line( See quote below) of how the PR:A2 mod came to be before calling TacBF a clone. TacBF is a clone to PR:A2 as much as ARMA is a clone of OFP. Also i dont know how the PR guys are planning on handling it with their new mod, but compared to PR:A2 the TacBF mod will have much more flexibility allowing for faster development and more content.

Quote from the first post here:

Past Development:

Tactical Battlefield has been an accumulation of 7 years of development of a PvP mod on the Arma engine. It started with Coolbox[sBS] and [RGG]Wormeaten developing a mission-based A&S system for ARMA. They then moved this over to ARMA 2 as AASX (or AAS extended). AASX was then combined with another PvP mod called Devastation by Dr Eyeball and it came to be known as Project Reality ARMA 2 (PR:A2). The Arma 3 version of this mod is now being further developed by Dr Eyeball and Wormeaten (along with 3rd party contributions) and will be known as Tactical Battlefield for Arma 3 (TB:A3) (a.k.a. TacBF).

Edited by Ch3v4l13r

Community Focus:

• [*]Planned support for All In Arma (AIA).

[*]Planned support for ACRE.

[*]Provide templates and documentation to the community to easily create TB missions for each supported TB game mode.

[*]Support for other community created addons, such as: terrains, factions and objects.

Great!

Looks great, looking forward to this and PR aswell. Planning on changing controls like weapons selection and all that?

Both can co-exist right? ;)

Yes of course, our idea is completely different to PR's so we have a diversity in the community, which is nice because it gives people more choice.

We did some mission play testing today with a nice group but we still need more beta tester to properly test some of our missions. So if you are interested in becoming a beta tester sign-up on our forum (http://www.12thmechanised.com/forums/ ) and post a comment in the TacBF section.

could you give me an idea of how good the performance is? like stability and FPS.

THNX

Well with an I7 2600k and a GTX 660 Ti I get around 60 frames on Altis, but this is at around 10 beta testers, we are aiming for 100 players when we go public so I have no idea how this will affect frames.

I have nothing to compare it to either so again I don't want to guess at an answer.

Thats what will come next, currently we need to ensure that any problematic issues are sorted before we release TacBF to the public.

could you give me an idea of how good the performance is? like stability and FPS.

THNX

For me the performance is actually quite good and my FPS usually stay over 30, on a HD5850HD GPU, FX6100 CPU and 8GB of RAM. I think performance and stability are certainly a lot better, than lets say in Wasteland for example.

For me the performance is actually quite good and my FPS usually stay over 30, on a HD5850HD GPU, FX6100 CPU and 8GB of RAM. I think performance and stability are certainly a lot better, than lets say in Wasteland for example.

thank you gentlemen you may have stopped me from walking away from Arma :) i have concluded via tests on my own server that MP is best served with no AI and very little scripting for overall performance and stability, I will register at your site and help with the beta test.

I signed for Beta testing with the orginal PR:A2 group but never got a chance to 'test' as all sessions were GMT friendly. As an EST guy I just couldn't make it work. What time(s) do you run testing, in general, and what days?

awesome stuff, signed up. Cant wait to finally play some good squad based pvp again

I signed for Beta testing with the orginal PR:A2 group but never got a chance to 'test' as all sessions were GMT friendly. As an EST guy I just couldn't make it work. What time(s) do you run testing, in general, and what days?

I'm EST as well and the testing times are decent for out time zone. There's nothing earlier than 2PM EST, if that's to early for you there are a decent amount of North Americans and we could easily have unofficial beta testing times that work better for our time zone.

I'm EST as well and the testing times are decent for out time zone. There's nothing earlier than 2PM EST, if that's to early for you there are a decent amount of North Americans and we could easily have unofficial beta testing times that work better for our time zone.

Prime-time EST works for me. If there's a session or two, I'm there.

hey guys i registered but never got my confirmation e-mail and as such cant log in,please PM me thnx

Yesterday we had a testing session from about 09 PM GMT (4 PM EST) until 0 AM GMT (7 PM EST). As for days, we are currently testing nearly every evening, with some major events from time to time. I also talked to Dale yesterday and he is currently trying to also get an additional US timezone testing group started, as we also have a lot of members from there.

@smitherson69: The main differences will be that we use a different system to theirs, our current system is the one they used in PR:Arma 2, which they cannot use due to certain agreements between themselves and the original owners of the prior mods to PR (read Past Development).

So now they are creating a new mod from scratch, and im sure they will be very different and diverse to our mod, of course you will see similarities such as the A&S system but these kind of game modes are everywhere so its usual to see similarities.

In regards to joining up there are certain things which will not happen, in regards to fizzling and dying I do not feel that it did, PR:Arma 2 did very well with a game which was by then 3 years old and until DayZ came along was not as popular as it is today.

Just to correct something. This statement could create some misunderstanding or it is based on one already.

PR could use it as well we was in PR team same as we because it is our intellectual ownership in the end and that is written in our agreement when we join the PR mod team.

Things are much more simpler in fact. PR decide to re code everything from the scratch for A3 doing completely new mod. And just simple we separate here.

Simply I just believe in our previous work and was planing lots of improvement and could not just like that abandon our work which dated since ArmA1 days.

I spend nice 3 years in PR team as Dev and was nice experience which I will never forget but time come when our paths goes in different direction and I wish them good luck in their future work.

This is just simple true about this from first hand and I'm hoping will fix this misunderstanding, in the end we all working for benefit to the ArmA PvP community.

I've registered and sent a PM to Dale from your boards.

Same here!Finally somebody is doing something about a good PvP!!!!

Question:

1.Are you guys aiming for realism too?I love arma 3 but with weapons and vehicles like arma 2 would have much more immersion. Maybe ACE3 if does come to life!

2.Sounds!Are you guys planing on something?JSRS?arma 2 pr biggest problem for me was sound!Arma games vanilla usually have terrible sounds!

3.Will be there a addon pack where we only have to download one big mod that has everything or we will have to download lots of it separately?

Big thanks for the initiative!

1.Are you guys aiming for realism too?I love arma 3 but with weapons and vehicles like arma 2 would have much more immersion. Maybe ACE3 if does come to life!

2.Sounds!Are you guys planing on something?JSRS?arma 2 pr biggest problem for me was sound!Arma games vanilla usually have terrible sounds!

The possibilities are endless. I hope there will be official support for ace3 and JSRS but as the announcement says there will be official and unofficial servers so either way ace and JSRS can be used with Tacbf.

There's a topic on the 12th forums about what mods people would like to see in Tacbf, you should join the discussion :)

http://www.12thmechanised.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=205&sid=65d07b3dbd1bdec5c4c75b2f9579451a

Same here!Finally somebody is doing something about a good PvP!!!!

Did you ever play the Project Reality mod, because i remember a guy called Grillo?