Sign in to follow this  
dale

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Gameplay Modification

I actually meant the player-requirements for the beta, like how many experience in Arma/Editor/Modding or maybe a membership within a clan or something like that. And when are the testsession you have to join. Or only native english-speaking persons.

And please integrate and force ACRE! Makes PvP so much more interesting...

More interesting but might really scare some potential people. Works well in private sessions but does it really work that nicely in public matches?

More interesting but might really scare some potential people. Works well in private sessions but does it really work that nicely in public matches?

We arent dictators so it will be possible for everyone to play this mod as he wants to do but also acre will be possible or basically every other mod.

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

I actually meant the player-requirements for the beta, like how many experience in Arma/Editor/Modding or maybe a membership within a clan or something like that. And when are the testsession you have to join. Or only native english-speaking persons.

Everyone´s welcome.You dont need experience in anything except how to run your Arma.Easy as pie

except how to run your Arma

Hmm ... wait ... i know it ... i had something to do with the arma3.exe, right? :)

Do you have to register on your forum to apply as beta tester?

Hmm ... wait ... i know it ... i had something to do with the arma3.exe, right? :)

Do you have to register on your forum to apply as beta tester?

Hm im not sure either :P but yes you need to go there TS:85.25.99.104

Edited by RGG.DaFreak

Oh boy! The old cadre is gonna play the piss outta this mod.

On a side note --My butt looks really good in a wet-suit. [just thought i'd put that out there for mission makers]

Cheers and Good luck!

Edited by Ratszo

Yours beta testing servers are located where?

Ping issues =\

Oh boy! The old cadre is gonna play the piss outta this mod.

On a side note --My butt looks really good in a wet-suit. [just thought i'd put that out there for mission makers]

Cheers and Good luck!

xD nice to see you around ratszo also swedge was allready asking for you, may join TS when you got time.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Yours beta testing servers are located where?

Ping issues =\

Germany but Arma hasnt really ping issues so just check it.

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

I signed up on your website to beta test and never got a reply... :(

Get on our TS to verify your sign up TS:85.25.99.104 its closed beta.

Edited by RGG.DaFreak

Can't get past the spam filter. How does a camel jump?

good question! :P

Edited by RGG.DaFreak

Can't get past the spam filter. How does a camel jump?

Jump on TS and we'll walk you through it.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

I signed up on your website to beta test and never got a reply... :(

Jump on our TS and we'll help you sort that out.

Ratso ... good to see ya man.

Your right controlling stuff does make it so there's less of it to go around, I personally feel that we will apply the right amount of control over what we consider the TacBF experience, but I don't see why others who are interested in other styles of gameplay can't create their own system.

We aren't a game company we are a small group of modders who have an idea about what we enjoy, you will see that in the official servers, but for every other person who enjoys different styles (milsim, casual, hardcore etc) we will provide a platform and they can do the rest of the work.

To give you an example, say if you wanted to use an island for a tournament, but that island hadn't been beta tested by us so it wasn't official.

Well with our system you just implement the island and create the mission, and away you go, any issues that arise are your own to deal with.

With a closed system you would have to ask to use that island, and I could refuse you to use that island just because we hadn't tested it and it would fall on us if there were issues, I also have to modify other items in my spare time just to allow that mod from TacBF.

No thanks, I think we will follow the usual system that all mods take, and just have our version that we call our own, and allow others to do the same.

Also the unofficial servers will break new ground quicker, they will try out more mods and find fixes for those mods if they aren't compatible, so it works both ways because an unofficial mod can become official due to unofficial servers.

Overall the "TacBF experience" is an opinion, and everyone has a different opinion, so it's important to us to allow all those opinions combine into their own communities and not step on each others toes.

I feel because of that ideal, we will allow more people to enjoy TacBF than just those with the same opinion as us, and I feel we will unite more people together than just a few 100 even if they have different seals they will still be waving the same flag.

Great post Dale!

One question: will be first person only right?

It's PvP isn't it? Third person screws up PvP for a variety of reasons and I'm sure they know that.

Aye only first person on official servers, unofficial im not sure TBH, its something which we need to discuss.

You could also limit views in the mission (i have seen it before). 3rd View in a pure pvp mission is a no go.

You could also limit views in the mission (i have seen it before). 3rd View in a pure pvp mission is a no go.

Definitely, third view give you some advantage to spot thing you will normally don't for example be in cover behind wall but you are able to see above and on side. This give you unrealistic advantage what actually could destroy all effort you put in some ambush.

I'm not for 3rd person in PvP.

It might takes some getting used to first-person only, but after a few games you're really used to it and it feels so much better. No more magical peaking from behind walls, way better opportunities for flanking, assaulting buildings and so on. Even driving is a lot better (Though I do hope BIS will change the weird viewport in some vehicles. I'd at least think that there would be cameras to look behind you in vehicles in 2035 as opposed to being limited by a tiny window).

Hey everyone, we now have our own forums up and running, come check us out http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net

Hey T3mp weve been very busy lately getting stuff sorted, so sorry for the lack of talk on the forums, come join us over on our new forums ! :D

Edited by Dale

Hey everyone, we now have our own forums up and running, come check us out http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net

Hey T3mp weve been very busy lately getting stuff sorted, so sorry for the lack of talk on the forums, come join us over on our new forums ! :D

Nice! Registered and waiting for the open beta. Can't wait for this!