gammadust

GAM ppEffects Goggles (Tinted Lenses)

v1.1

by gamma

s9rovKal.jpg

Description:

- Implements lens tinting to available Goggles and Glasses

- Celebrating my 3rd year in BI's Forum

- Appreciation for Bohemia's sandbox and this community's dedication (or how much of a fanboy i am)

Install:

Mod version:

- Copy folders "@GAM" and "userconfig" inside zip to your MAIN Arma 3 directory

- Add "-mod=@GAM" to your Arma 3 shortcut

- Open "userconfig\GAM\GAM_PPEG.hpp" to customize your options

Mission version:

- Copy 'GAM_ppEffectsGoggles.sqf' to the mission folder

- Include the following code in your mission "init.sqf":

// makes sure it is not already running as a mod
if (isNil {GAM_ppEffectsGoggles}) then {GAM_ppEffectsGoggles = compile preProcessFileLineNumbers 'GAM_ppEffectsGoggles.sqf'; GAM_ppEffectsGogglesInit = [true, false, 10] spawn GAM_ppEffectsGoggles};
//[_withmenu, _enableExternal, _eyeAdapt]
//[boolean, boolean, number (seconds)]

Usage:

- Access the menu to change goggles/glasses

This is to facilitate experimentation since it is hard to fill an ammo crate

with the available glasses/goggles (can be disabled)

Features:

- Affects the colouring of the screen depending on the lens used by the Goggles/Glasses

- Detects removal and disables the effect

- The effect is disabled on 3rd Person views

- Simulates (exaggerates) the effect of eye adaptation when wearing and removing (10 seconds)

- Includes key

Observations:

- Script runs client side only

- Script runs in a tight loop, waiting for an event based solution when able

currently "take" and "put" EHs are insufficient for all functionality

- Goggles removal colour settings are mostly wip

**** LICENSE CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 ****

Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0 License

READ The Full License

The following is a human-readable summary of the Legal Code.

You are free:

to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work

to Remix — to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

With the understanding that:

Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.

Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:

- Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;

- The author's moral rights;

- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.

Download:

Dropbox link

gamma's Sandbox (temporarily down)

Edited by gammadust
  • Like 1

awesome idea! loving it. very nice execution too.

Edited by Bad Benson

I think this is such a great idea -- it makes the goggles/glasses useful, not just aesthetic.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great to have this as a mod so that players could use it on any mission.

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great to have this as a mod so that players could use it on any mission.

Exactly!

Nice work. :)

I think this is such a great idea -- it makes the goggles/glasses useful, not just aesthetic.

Totaly possible, in fact i have already started such implementation. Should be up this week. :)

Exactly!

Nice work. :)

Nice, i suggest it for devs there is 3 weeks ago and Dev's say that this system never come in vanilla game Arma 3.

If you create filter, other members ???? want's to creating or import the in-view of glasses of (Pilot, in parachute, NGV, water). For parachute and water, there is already the view by default in the latest version of VBS by Bohemia.

Edited by GranolaBar

Great job.But I dislike action menu...But you are ofcourse not at fault.Could be done this without action menu?

Pick up glasses put it on as it is?

thank you all for your comments, appreciated

Nice, i suggest it for devs there is 3 weeks ago and Dev's say that this system never come in vanilla game Arma 3.

If you create filter, other members ???? want's to creating or import the in-view of glasses of (Pilot, in parachute, NGV, water). For parachute and water, there is already the view by default in the latest version of VBS by Bohemia.

if i understand your suggestion, you mean for the same type of effects to be added under different circumstances (such as those you mention above) independently of the goggles/glasses/shades... please clarify. If so it should be possible.

@enex

count me in those disliking the action menu too. It is just a placeholder until scripting allows adding glasses to crates or something (ticket here - vote it up please). The only elegant solution to this until then is having a proper in-mission selection dialog... and i hate doing those. Maybe i can come up with a simple dialog for the purpose.

Mod version is up (download). Added options:

- enable/disable external camera effect

- seconds for eye adaptation

if i understand your suggestion, you mean for the same type of effects to be added under different circumstances (such as those you mention above) independently of the goggles/glasses/shades... please clarify. If so it should be possible.

Hum ideally yes in the official glasses of the game and helmet of pilot or other.

And to have a full mod, "With chance, a, member use that i want,"

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163658-ZAM-Glasses

If you want a better and official example from VBS 2.12 of June 2013 :

Some various version of mod could be create.

---- Effect filter on glasses with no choice to activating of desactivating (only in the option in the file before to launch the game)

---- Effect filter + effect of form of glasses who has posted in this answer

---- more ? maybe...

You can check the current v1.1, which includes a mod install. It accounts for MP but it is not tested (any feedback is welcome). The mod, as is, assumes the goggles a player sets in the profile automatically, and if you bump into any other glasses/goggles/shades somewhere in the map, the effects will trigger accordingly.

It did occurr to me to add some visual cue of the shape of the goggles being used, and even to explore some wet effects (for goggles with a high profile only)...

Detecting helmets which have shade visor included should not be a problem either, i shall see with what i can come up with. (this reminds me that i should enable the possibility for these effects be comulative - Pilot helmet + Aviator glasses)

"Effect filter on glasses with no choice to activating of desactivating (only in the option in the file before to launch the game)"

it does not make much sense if the player can remove the glasses to force him to keep the effect... is there any specific reason for this?

LordHeart ZAM Glasses, are cool, and i even like better the subtlety of the tinting he chose in his mod for the different glasses. I might adjust mine too.

@Binkowsky Glad you liked it.

LordHeart ZAM Glasses, are cool, and i even like better the subtlety of the tinting he chose in his mod for the different glasses. I might adjust mine too.

I started off with a much higher tint, not as high as yours though. But adjusted it down because it felt too overbearing. As you can see in an earlier version of the system here

It will certainly be interesting to see which direction you take your mod :)

I hope your addons (Gamma and Lordhearts) don´t conflict, cus I´m gonna use both ;D

Good work and kudos for both of you =)

Well... i wasn't thinking about introducing much stuff in. This was mostly a gimmick and getting my hand dirty with some of the post process effects commands, a scripting challenge.

What i see from your mod, you're taking a much broader approach at it, looking at the explosions interaction, player's damage... i have more to look forward with what you'll bring to the table :)

(heed on Kremator's suggestion in regards to the 3rd person, feel absolutely free to inspire in my code for that purpose)

;2496928']

I hope your addons (Gamma and Lordhearts) don´t conflict' date=' cus I´m gonna use both ;D

Good work and kudos for both of you =)[/quote']

No worries, if anything i'll add options in my own to make them coexist peacefully.

I was unable to download your mod, but I have just one question. Do you adjust the brightness and so forth on your ppEffect? Or just the first colour one?

^^ quite right, my ftp access is working but the domain is not for some stupid reason. It's not the first time, it seams i need some other provider.

temporary dropbox link for latest version (1st post updated) - thanks for the heads up :)

I adjust both:

// as an example for the initial dark green
_ppCCIn = [1, 1, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.4], [0.4, 1.6, 0.4, 0.4], _ppCCBase];
// [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.4] to uniformely darken the screen (luminosity overall and per channel)
// [0.4, 1.6, 0.4, 0.4] to favour greenish tint (this one requires the 4th parameter to be different than 1.0 to have an effect - it is basically saturation above 1.0 and desaturation below)

Edited by gammadust

After giving it some thought, my mod only adjusts the first colour one to give the subtle tint using config entries to get the colour. The mods might be able to work together without any changes or we/I might need to put some checks around my ppEffect applying, looking for some variable of yours then simply hand that off to you. Or I might even put in a generic controller variable that disables my ppEffect so any other glasses mod that might show up can also take over that part by setting it to false.

there is a priority setting for the ppEffects which can keep the effects separate altogether (i haven't tested yet if they accumulate by using this feature), currently i am crudely setting the values on the "base layer" which i shouldn't. i'll modify it so that an effect handle is set, i shall keep it global and TAG'ed so that any script can check for it's existence.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just ran your mod and mine at the same time and it didn't seem to cause any issues. I'll add in a global scope boolean variable anyway, to completely disable my ppEffect stuff, the overlays don't use the ppEffect obviously so they will continue to work regardless.

It would be great if you increase the sun glare while in first person causing it to blind the player, to generate the need for glasses.