Sign in to follow this  
tinter

Is There Any Way to Load A Map Through Scripting?

I got the idea of loading another map when the player reaches the border of the current one, however the problem starts already when it doesn't seem possible to load another map while ingame. I hope to be proven wrong, but to my understanding you can't do it through scripting and I doubt even through an addon.

Do you know if it could somehow be possible through an addon?

The engine can't change maps mid mission. The closest you can come is a campaign structure where you could setup a trigger to say "the next mission will be on stratis over here or wherever over there" but you're still gonna have to exit the map and start a new mission.

Couldn't get it to work, not really sure how the correct way to run it is.

Is there somewhere I could get more information on how to use the playScriptedMission command?

Is it a bad idea to make a new thread asking specifically about the playScriptedMission command?

For whatever it's worth, I always thought command was more for utilization in a GUI setting to launch a specified map/mission. To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to switch maps without unloading the current one (which means leaving a mission). And I doubt very seriously there is a workaround for that. :)