Sign in to follow this  
f1raaz

Multi Session Operations for ARMA 3?

Hey guys !

We are lot of players who are waiting for MultiSessionsOperations missions for arma 3...

Does anyone have informations about this?

We are looking for a MSO mission or something like "Invade" or "Dynamic Universal War System".

Can someone help us?

PS: Sorry if i posted this thread in the wrong category.

Thanks for this link but it appears that the pbo's are only running for arma 2 maps?

I tried to find some informations on the website but i didn't find anything about a MSO running on ARMA 3.

As explained in the above interview, ALiVE is the project being developed for Arma 3 by the MSO team. It's not out yet

If you actually read the interview:

"It may be weeks or months - not before it’s ready!" as in its not ready yet.

From what I've seen/heard ALiVE is going to be amazing. Keep going MSO team :)

Multi Session Operations was born in the mind of our lead dev Wolffy back in 2009, who together with Rommel came up with the idea for a collaborative, dynamic campaign environment called creoBellum to encourage more people to get involved in mission making.

Lol, other way round, Rommel created the persistence code, enemy pop and made the missions manually like everyone else does back for Sahrani in Arma, after A2 came out Rommel gave it to Wolffy to run with as Rommel didn't have the interest or the time in expanding and making it public.

Since then the MSO name has been used for A2 onwards by Wolffy's dev group however is very different from the original 'MSO' which was more like a multiple objective co-op covering a map, not the current persistent AI domination like game you have now.

I don't know about the status of Wolffys branch but all the persistence 'Nomad', caching and Debug console code which was written by Rommel has been updated and works flawlessly on A3, running for around 7 days without any loss of performance.

its almost december. Any new on ArmA 3 MSO? or ACRE for ArmA 3? the only ACRE for A3 is just an A2 port so far

Come on man you excited me, Its not called MSO anymore its called "ALIVE", Do a search you'll find it :) as for an ACRE you will want this :

Lol, other way round, Rommel created the persistence code, enemy pop and made the missions manually like everyone else

Yes, that's correct, although the MSO "team" moved it towards a framework with many more optional modules and features. Kudos to Rommel for the original work and inspiration :)

Since then the MSO name has been used for A2 onwards by Wolffy's dev group however is very different from the original 'MSO' which was more like a multiple objective co-op covering a map, not the current persistent AI domination like game you have now.

Domination! Ugh no. MSO 4.6 is nothing like domination. It is one of the first MP game modes to include DB integration, modules like CQB/support logistics/ambience and more. It supports the ethos of the original MSO.

I don't know about the status of Wolffys branch but all the persistence 'Nomad', caching and Debug console code which was written by Rommel has been updated and works flawlessly on A3, running for around 7 days without any loss of performance.

I wasn't aware that there was another "branch" of MSO :) We're pretty much the only people contributing to it on its public DevHeaven repo. We found issues with caching (although its functional), which is why we are developing something new. Still, there are plently of people that would love to get an updated "MSO" for A3, will you guys be sharing it?

As pointed out here, the MSO "team" has moved off of MSO (leaving v4.6 and A2 as the last iteration available) and we are now developing a new add-on ALiVE (based on the concepts of MSO). We would like to think that those on A2 MSO will move to A3 ALiVE - and be patient as we get ALiVE up to feature parity! If people do want to port/improve A2 MSO to A3, we recommend contributing to the public devheaven repo and joining up on the MSO Skype Channel, rather than creating another derivative (like DWS etc). Or just sit tight and await ALiVE...

ALiVE RC1 is imminent! :)

When will it be possible to sign up to the war room ?