Sign in to follow this  
forzajuve

Night vision and sniper scopes

I'm currently using A2 v1.1 to make a campaign however through testing it was found that sniper scopes do not work with night vision in CO/OA etc. By searching I found that this is for realism because you couldn't put the NV up to a sniper scope. However will players with CO/OA be able to run the game in v1.1 mode so the scopes will work with NV? what about players with the free version?

I only have A2 and not OA or CO.

thanks

If you will make campaign with only A2. People that have a2free or a2co or even a2cofree can play it. People with only OA can't play it.

About sniper scopes and nvg's i will check leater which sniper rifles from A2 you can use with NVG's in A2CO. Im not sure now but check dmr in A2 (in dayz it work) but i didn't use this rifle from long time in A2CO so im not sure. I will write later.

@EDIT

Sniper rifles from A2 that work with nvg's in A2CO:

dmr

Sniper rifles from A2 that don't work with nvg's in A2CO:

m40, m107, cz, svd, ak with pso,

Edited by tom3kb

If you will make campaign with only A2. People that have a2free or a2co or even a2cofree can play it. People with only OA can't play it.

About sniper scopes and nvg's i will check leater which sniper rifles from A2 you can use with NVG's in A2CO. Im not sure now but check dmr in A2 (in dayz it work) but i didn't use this rifle from long time in A2CO so im not sure. I will write later.

@EDIT

Sniper rifles from A2 that work with nvg's in A2CO:

dmr

Try M4SPR and M16 ACOG. They maybe will work with NVG - but they aren´t sniper rifles.

Hey there is a really good script that adds night vision to any scope weapon I will give you a link or just check on armaholic. It works well.

the script is called

GeneralCarver's Sniper Scope FLIR Script

Description:

This script adds a FLIR simulation script which players can use when looking down the scope of a sniper rifle. It is client side and 100% multiplayer compatiable.

Use

To use the script, pick up any of the sniper weapons in stock ArmA 2, enter the scope view to shoot, and then use your action menu to turn the FLIR menu on. On the FLIR menu, you can change between two types of FLIR (white and black), adjust the camera aperture for brightness yourself and turn it off. If you leave the scope view, the script will return your vision to normal, however when you look back downt he sight, it will reingage the mode you were initially in.

Installation

1. To make this script work in your mission, simply copy over the contents of the "scripts" directory to your mission's directory.

2. Copy over the description.ext and also init.sqf contents to your mission's respective files.

3. Finally, in the mission editor, open my sample mission and copy the single trigger over to your mission.

Credits

Thanks to all the people who have worked on the FLIR simulation script concept. I copied a lot of code and couldn't have done it without your pioneering work. You know who you are.