Sign in to follow this  
dpatt712

Submarine Config Guideline?

Well the SDV config is here http://pastebin.com/h9k6vRYF

If you want to create a large sub and what to make it a "static" object then follow what BIS did:

class Submarine_01_F: FloatingStructure_F
{
	features = "Randomization: No<br />Camo selections: None<br />Script door sources: None<br />Script animations: None<br />Executed scripts: None<br />Firing from vehicles: No<br />Slingload: No<br />Cargo proxy indexes: None";
	mapSize = 98.82;
	author = "Bohemia Interactive";
	_generalMacro = "Submarine_01_F";
	scope = 1;
	displayName = "HMS Proteus";
	model = "\A3\Boat_F_EPC\Submarine_01\Submarine_01_F.p3d";
	icon = "iconObject_1x5";
	vehicleClass = "Submerged";
	destrType = "DestructNo";
	featureSize = 98.5;
};

I want a larger sub and make it playable. Something like a mini attack submarine or something.

Maybe 4-6x the size of an SDV?

How much larger can the engine handle before goes bezerk, forcing it to float?

with a submarine, the PHYSx limitations that man class has are less apparent, because the sub is going to be submerged most of the time. It is possible to do that In fact last year I ported the italian Todaro class submarine from the Pedagne mod.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/1119424760967206589/AB3FB4F905BC9D1CBBBF4D0A5FFAD75C18B68D35/ (342 kB)

If you need help with the config just tell me so. I can help with that

@ Tupolov: Note however that, in addition to Submarine_01_F inheriting from FloatingStructure_F, "Submarine_01_F.p3d" is almost purely visual.

@ mankyle: I also recall that you previously uploaded sources for a Collins-class. :)

@ mankyle: I also recall that you previously uploaded sources for a Collins-class. :)

From what I remember there were some kind of engine problems with getting a custom sized (bigger) sub to submerge properly? I spent days tinkering with the different config values trying to get a torpedo I modelled to work properly, with no luck. I also have a very early WIP model of a Kilo class sub that I abandoned due to these problems. I'd be thrilled if anyone could shed some light on how to get a custom sub in-game and functional.

Cheers

Really, Do you guys think we can get this working if we are NOT able right now to setup a medium-size ship (even small ships have physics problems) on the game working as vehicle with PhysX? Really... I'm very shocked knowing I will not see in the medium-term the LPD Galicia, LHD Juan Carlos I, S-80 Submarine as a moving (vehicles with PhysX) objects until BI solve this....

Really, Do you guys think we can get this working if we are NOT able right now to setup a medium-size ship (even small ships have physics problems) on the game working as vehicle with PhysX? Really... I'm very shocked knowing I will not see in the medium-term the LPD Galicia, LHD Juan Carlos I, S-80 Submarine as a moving (vehicles with PhysX) objects until BI solve this....

I'd really like to know what the limits to the sizes and weights are for ships. Is there any documentation?

No, there is no documentation about this. Just some experiments and workarounds from the Community.

I think my next big project for ArmA3 is going to be a Submarine Project. Any and all help would be fantastic...

ArmA3 is majorly not taking advantage of the new water environment. Please post here or PM me. I think I'll

start a WIP Thread when the project is further along. I also have a WIP Diver project that ties into this as well.

The first thing that came to mind when I heard sub in Arma was this or something like it :cool::

lotus-esprit-submarine-car-used-in-james-bond-flick-the-spy-who-loved-me.jpg?w=600