Sign in to follow this  
fidoman

Help please im new.

hey guys i just buy this game, never played arma 2 so im 100% lost i wanted to fly a jet inmediatly but ive been looking for one and havent found in hours,

I wanna play a singleplayer open world, to test the keyboard but i only can play singleplayer missions and im newbie to follow those missions, and i want to play a singleplayer open world to fly a jet wherever i want and to test everything, it is possible?

can i get some tips to do what i want? cuz i have to much questions but id prefer know directly how to fly a jet in singleplayer openworld

thanks, sorry for my grammar im not english! <3

just open editor, choose altis, when the map is loaded, find an airport doubleclick on it. Site - choose independent, air, and choose one of the jets there (forgot their names) then hit play button.

Don't be too daunted by the editor! It freaked me out a few months ago, but, after reading these forums and some help from the great community, I've been able to whip together a new and fun mission every day without breaking a sweat. It's a great tool, and super easy to get the hang of if you give it a little time! :)

yeah im still understanding it hehe, about the jets creation, i clicked on Independent, Air, and theres just one helicopter called CH-49 Mowhawk, no jets :( iam missing something?

If you're having difficulty taking off successfully if you start with the plane "flying" from the "special" drop down from the "insert unit" pop up it helps;-)

Welcome to the armaverse..... it can be bumpy but it's worth it!

I think there is one jet, but its like Neurofunker said, you have to bring it up in the editor. Its not in the made missions. I haven't played with the editor in a while. Also, it may not be in the standard download, but in the dev version only.

Okay so i think i have the ''standard download'' and now how do i switch to dev version? or maybe i have to download a mod for them? cuz i just see few units on the editor, no jets and other vehicles that i saw on some youtube videos hehe

Okay so i think i have the ''standard download'' and now how do i switch to dev version? or maybe i have to download a mod for them? cuz i just see few units on the editor, no jets and other vehicles that i saw on some youtube videos hehe

Honestly? just wait a week for the full release.

Right-click Arma 3 in your Steam Library, click Properties, click the Betas tab, then in the drop-down menu choose Development build, and click OK; if it doesn't download right away, either close and restart the Steam client or try to play Arma 3, and it'll download the dev branch build before starting up. :) That's how you get onto dev build.

For what it's worth, the A 143 Buzzard jet requires quite a bit of airstrip/runway to take off from (it doesn't seem to accelerate that fast) so I recommend placing it on either end of the runways on Altis or Stratis (Stratis Air Base)... in the case of Stratis Air Base's runways, set the Buzzard's Azimuth to about 15 (if facing north) or 195 (if facing south) so that it'll line up well with the runway. :D Or just set its Special field to Flying to start already airborne, as said before.

okay ive switched to Dev mode, and i spawned a jet, now ill crash some of them haha thanks u all a lot!! :D

Just remember that on September 12 (Thursday) it gets patched into regular branch too. :D