Sign in to follow this  
.kju

A solution to the A2/BI content in A3 and your thoughts

I hope this plan doesn't die. Without it multiplayer will become a mess. Would be nice if multiplayer meant everyone playing together.

There's not enough units to give missions any different flavor.

I dont see how this would not benefit BI

Good Luck!

;2494491']

Still the whole idea of this is to have all A2/OA content available in A3. Backwards compatibility is the key element in this whole affair.

Would be epic if it pans out!

/KC

I'd love to see ALL Arma2 content in Arma3. But, I would rather pay professionals money to port over such a large project & do it correctly. So they can release it when it's ready so there aren't "fixes" to download / being released every 12 hours. Making the project one gigantic cluster **** with 20 versions floating amuck. I'd actually pay for Arma2 again in that case.

I'd love to see ALL Arma2 content in Arma3. But, I would rather pay professionals money to port over such a large project & do it correctly.

make a donation to kju then! you get the professional work you want to pay for, therefore all your needs will be served :)

he will more than likely be able to fix the remaining issues now that BIS announced that they make the A2 content available for modders.

make a donation to kju then! you get the professional work you want to pay for, therefore all your needs will be served :)

he will more than likely be able to fix the remaining issues now that BIS announced that they make the A2 content available for modders.

Yeah, I've seen his professionalism on devheaven. He acts really professional. Why would I donate to an amateur mod maker who long ago, blatantly ignored me time & time again on devheaven & wouldn't even get me pointed in the right direction so I could host my own project there? I couldn't even get a "**** off" reply. I guess I'm not part of the clique. I don't give money to amateur's for a huge port / mod that I know is going to be a train wreck. Kind of like ACE. Nice concept / features.. but a conflicting train wreck with 5 versions floating around at all times. That's not professional. That's some modders doing their best to provide a modification for the full game & rampantly putting out updates. Pro? haha

All's I can say is go for it then. Hopefully what I've said here motivates him do the best job that can be done. But a donation? No.

Edited by David77

Nice attitude there mate. It seems you have a really bad day?

Strangely I can't remember you ever talking to me, nor is anything in my mail archive or a ticket by you in our DH issue tracker.

Even more strangely we have never gotten complaints like that nor did we ever deny a project space for arma related projects.

The current process to get a project space is certainly not great, there have been delays for some and it needs to be improved,

yet it seems to me you have your problems have a very different origin. :(

;2508209']Nice attitude there mate. It seems you have a really bad day?

Strangely I can't remember you ever talking to me' date=' nor is anything in my mail archive or a ticket by you in our DH issue tracker.

Even more strangely we have never gotten complaints like that nor did we ever deny a project space for arma related projects.

The current process to get a project space is certainly not great, there have been delays for some and it needs to be improved,

yet it seems to me you have your problems have a very different origin. :(

It's w/e. I shot you pms about a (c&h pvp) project space. I made posts regarding a project (c&h pvp) space. For months no reply. All's I wanted to know was how to get started. Not even to host a project asap, but rather how I get the process started. The only reply I received from you was here on the BI forums (weeks & weeks after the DH pms / posts), on a thread I created, where I asked how exactly I go about hosting a project on devheaven. You popped in very quickly right after the thread was made & gave me a link to DH main page, like I hadn't already visited the DH main page 100x... so I gave up.

In any case, make the A2 port / mod. I only replied like that when the guy told me I should donate to you. I took a look back at when I was ignored & for a second there, the whole "donate" comment pissed me off.

I'm off & the thread can get back on track. Sorry for the derailment.

Edited by David77

DH has no PM. There is no ticket from you here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/heaven/issues and your David77 account is very new.

In case you are Iceman77 you are best to read your tickets again to refresh your memory..

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70630

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70558

Yes your derailment is totally inappropriate.

Well all I can say is that Kju, or to put it better, the Team behind this (I assume that Kju won´t do this on his own) will definately get a Donation from me If they manage to deliver all this. I can imagine what giant piece of work it must be to port all those vehicels to Arma 3 standards (Proper FLIR, PhysX, and so on).

;2508238']DH has no PM.

No Pm, Email.. w/e. Good luck with your arma2 project. I hope it turns out great.

Regards,

David

This will be the best thing ever, and if a donation will make it faster, i'm in.

Hello there

Im confused a little.

With the release of the A2 assets, will that help/hinder/make no difference to .kju's AiA to any great extent?

I too would rather not see many individual mods rather one large one with all assets or lesser ones by faction. ie US,BAF,Civvies etc.

Its great that the assets will be released for folk to make further derivative works from, but IMHO and on the whole, unless some cohesion in a mod is made, like PRACS, individual mini mods tend to look a little scrappy when piled together from different sources.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Rgds

LoK

My suggested approach would be this:

1) Put all MLODs in a data repository at dev heaven to act as a central synchronization place.

2) Everyone can download all or single models from there.

3) If one wants to improve a given model, he should announce it at the project space, so that everyone knows who is working on what.

4) People then should feed back their improvements as soon as meaningful in a step by step approach.

Hence the central repository will hold the most recent model updated by community people along with some basic documentation what has been improved.

All in Arma then can draw from these resource to add improved models to its pack, to provide people with an unified base to play with.

At the same time the updated models will serve as a base for people to make derivative units.

Like to create new unit types, update an unit to future time eras or to make the model realistic and other uses.

Does that make sense?

---

It might be useful to start building a list of potential improvements to be made on the models. Suggestions and recommendations?

Some "revolutionary" things are worth logging in this forum. Some ideas are just too good to be ignored. If by any chance this would happen in the future, Steam would definitely be the place to make it happen.

Though the thread as only 9 pages (yet) and as expected, it probably won't get the attention of who can make the difference in these cases.

But hope is the last one to die. To put it plainly, everyone should support this idea and blow the horn on it, as it has no negative side for either the community, developer(s) or distributor.

Nuff said.

Cheers kju! U'r boss man!

Edited by MarkusLetifer

;2508730']My suggested approach would be this:

1) Put all MLODs in a data repository at dev heaven to act as a central synchronization place.

2) Everyone can download all or single models from there.

3) If one wants to improve a given model' date=' he should announce it at the project space, so that everyone knows who is working on what.

4) People then should feed back their improvements as soon as meaningful in a step by step approach.

Hence the central repository will hold the most recent model updated by community people along with some basic documentation what has been improved.

All in Arma then can draw from these resource to add improved models to its pack, to provide people with an unified base to play with.

[b']At the same time the updated models will serve as a base for people to make derivative units.[/b]

Like to create new unit types, update an unit to future time eras or to make the model realistic and other uses.

Does that make sense?

---

It might be useful to start building a list of potential improvements to be made on the models. Suggestions and recommendations?

This could be quite great and could reduce confusion at the minimum,for example ending with 10 Abrams or 23 Hmmwv versions from A2 with only small differences between them.

As for your last part of the post,do you have any plans to include ToH content too?

Besides the choppers that game had some pretty new stuff that sadly wasn't used as much in a chopper sim.I'm talking about the excellent civilians vehicles and civ npcs that game added.It seemed someone at BI really put some effort in those models but because choppers were the main celebrities,they kinda got overlooked.

I'm not a modder and I don't pretend to be familiar with any of this stuff, but I support the initiative.

So far BI did not state that they plan to release the TKOH source models too. Although I agree it would be great to see too.

There is some seriously bad news in the latest dev sitrep

""And there are yet more brand-new vehicles being sculpted by the artists.""

Kju sounds like a plan mate also i agree about the toh models being not used its a shame they are good models at the moment i use all the vehicles from toh on altis it make it what it should of been content wise and gives a good feel even down to the planes stacked up on the runway.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901008172711444929/FD9E326BC1FB3FCEE09908CD3D0CFDA3293A2F1A/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901008172711449705/B58E5FC2C76166B107E9563E7136C80C736EDE03/

There is some seriously bad news in the latest dev sitrep

""And there are yet more brand-new vehicles being sculpted by the artists.""

Trolling the forum again? Seriously, grow up.

I like the idea of a unified repository but what about an auto update feature to the client users? I would assume once this project is out of beta, we would have to use play with six or maybe even steam mods to auto update all clients servers to the latest "stable" builds?

It would be a pain to manually install and update each time as not all of the ARMA community knows how to install and even activate mods.

I think releasing stable builds onto steam while keep the repository for developers/beta testers would be the way to build up and sync up the regular server and playing community.

The end user needs a binarized version and all other files (rvmat, sounds, textures, animations, configs, etc) to make use of the files.

In other words he needs to own the game - or be a standalone addon that has all these files alongside.

For non new/derivative units that role All in Arma will play. Does this make sense?

Ok I understand now.

Yes, I was talking about a Binarized versions.

I did not see if BIS will allow FREE DLC made from the A2/CO assets.

Lastly, it would be great to also update TOH/TOH DLC and ACR assets if need be. At the very least, TOH DLC and ACR support for AIA should be available to AIA users.