Sign in to follow this  
Mlstwalker

Edge of map

Driving at night without night vision (I was working on getting the 'Night Owl' achievement) I came across the edge of the map but before I had time to react I managed to get a wheel drop over the side. After a couple mins of manoevering to try and get unhooked I fell over the edge and into the abyss. I was wondering if it would be possible to make an invisible wall around the edge of the map to prevent going over?

Yeah the plan is to have the vehicle's signal slowly start failing, eventually making the vehicle stop and be "lost". So you get an indication prior to losing it.

The alternative is of course a barrier of sorts.

Both are possible, I guess it depends on what is preferable?

Very good ideas.

I vote for the vehicles being lost, rather then a barrier to just "bump" into.

Yep, I vote for the fading signal, too. Much more realistic.

Your joking right?

Well I say a compromise is in order. If you go outside the "map" a screen prompt should appear "Exiting designated mission area- Rover returning to X position" and the screen should fade to "insert color". The "X position" could be the LZ.

An additional message could be "As per the MARSX employment contract, employees are prohibited from taking any of the MARS rovers on joyrides. Please report to HR."

Just do as you have done in ArmA 2 when you go off area, the fading signal thing is unrealistic.