Sign in to follow this  
sambee99

hmg teams help

hey guys, i was just wondering, in the groups under support you have hmg and gmg teams

is it possible to command your ai to set up the hmg? :S

i have no idea how to get them to do it

or is it just a multiplayer thing?

any suggestions would be highly appreciated, thank you

I can only tell you how it worked in A2/OA and hope it's the same in A3:

A) Select the Soldier which carries the Tripod, and tell him to go to the exact place where you want the HMG to be set up.

B) Select the Soldier which carries the Tripod, select Menu 6 "Actions", and tell him to perform the action "Drop Bipod Back"

C) Select the Soldier which carries the HMG, select Menu 6 "Actions", and tell him to perform the action "Assemble *Name of the HMG*"

D) Order any of your Soldiers to man the HMG, or man it by yourself. Have fun Shooting.

-> The Tripod Soldier should walk to the Location, drop his Bipod, the HMG Soldier should walk up to the same location and build the HMG.

Since i haven't tested this in A3, only A2OA, please report back to me if it works!

quick thing! it worked! but! the mk30 gunner also carries a tripod!, so it only works if you have a

team leader

asst. gunner gmg/mk30

gunner gmg

or a mk 6 mortar team

is that a bug? or does the mk30 team both carry tripods? haha

Well, you usually need only one guy with a Tripod (the Assistant) and the Gunner with the respective Weapon. Every Weapon fits on the same Tripod. Guess thats how its' supposed to work.

Glad I came across this thread because I was trying it out just now and wondering how I did it - certainly seems a bug that the mk30 team both carry tripods...

Does anyone know whether it's possible to have a wholly AI squad deploy a CMW through waypoints or are scripts required?