Hello,

in my mission I have a chopper used by the player, I want to make the mission end when the vehicle can't move anymore.

I tried !alive chopper, but it works only if the chopper is destroyed and sometimes a good pilot can make an emergency landing without destroying the helicopter.

So I tried !canmove chopper, but it's not working, I destroyed the engine, the rotor and it was not working, I destroyed it and nothing happened, so am I doing something wrong?

canMove just checks the status of the Engine of a vehicle. To test for rotor damage you can try:

bird getHitPointDamage "HitHRotor" == 1

canMove just checks the status of the Engine of a vehicle. To test for rotor damage you can try:

bird getHitPointDamage "HitHRotor" == 1

Yeah but with a damaged rotor I can still land and complete the mission, with a destroyed engine I cannot.

If I switch the "HitHRotor" with the name of the engine is going to work anyway?

Hello,

in my mission I have a chopper used by the player, I want to make the mission end when the vehicle can't move anymore.

I tried !alive chopper, but it works only if the chopper is destroyed and sometimes a good pilot can make an emergency landing without destroying the helicopter.

So I tried !canmove chopper, but it's not working, I destroyed the engine, the rotor and it was not working, I destroyed it and nothing happened, so am I doing something wrong?

Perhaps its because you wrote "canmove" instead of "canMove" ? Not sure since I never used this expression.

Perhaps its because you wrote "canmove" instead of "canMove" ? Not sure since I never used this expression.

Are the expression case sensitive?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 4

canMove is the same as vehicle getHitPointDamage "HitEngine" == 1 So to check if the engine OR the rotors are destroyed use:

!(canMove vehicle) || (vehicle getHitPointDamage "HitHRotor" == 1)

or

(vehicle getHitPointDamage "HitEngine" == 1) || (vehicle getHitPointDamage "HitHRotor" == 1)

• Like 1

canMove is the same as vehicle getHitPointDamage "HitEngine" == 1 So to check if the engine OR the rotors are destroyed use:

!(canMove vehicle) || (vehicle getHitPointDamage "HitHRotor" == 1)

or

(vehicle getHitPointDamage "HitEngine" == 1) || (vehicle getHitPointDamage "HitHRotor" == 1)

As usual thank you so much kylania, the second one is perfect for me.

I don't open another thread because this other issue that I have concearn the movement.

I have a Charlie Team that has a waypoint to seek and destroy an area, and Chopper1 come to help and when there aren't more Opfor soldier it land and pick up Charlie, Chopper1 is the player.

I used the waypoint seek and destroy, and then get in for Charlie linked with the Load in Chopper1, but after all the opfor are dead, they just stay in position and wont move.

So I just used a waypoint move, and I put a trigger with this code in activation when all the opfor are dead:

{_x assignAsCargo chopper1} forEach units charlie; units charlie orderGetIn true; hint "prova";

The trigger work, because I get the hint, but they wont get in the chopper.

What am I doing wrong?

OrderGetIn seems to be broken i have mentioned it several times before and put a repro on the feedback tracker with no response.

Try it in the editor.

Place you and another unit (u1) in your group.

Place an empty Hunter named h1.

Preview Mission

Use the debug console and type

u1 assignAsDriver h1; [u1] orderGetIn true;

The unit will just stand there and do nothing.

On checking assignedDriver h1 u1 is returned.

On checking assignedVehicleRole u1 "Driver" is returned.

So it all looks good but the unit does nothing BUT

IF you [u1] join grpnull remove the unit from your group he will run straight to the vehicle and get in as the driver :facepalm:

Maybe im doing something wrong but ive tried it several times over the last couple of months and to me it looks broken

Yeah you are right and this is killing me.

Someone have a solution? And why they won't get in the chopper even using way point?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 4

Edited by Antorugby

Place you and another unit (u1) in your group.

The unit will just stand there and do nothing.

remove the unit from your group he will run straight to the vehicle and get in as the driver

He's not doing anything since he's still in your group. If you want him in the vehicle tell him, don't script him. :) As you pointed out it's working fine for non-player-grouped AI to get in. It's not working for your own group since you didn't order him to get in.

Lol so OrderGetIn does not order a unit to get in a vehicle if they are in my group. I know i can do this in game just by looking at the unit and selecting him then looking at the vehicle and choosing mount vehicle, thats not the point, i was experimenting with the commands.

WIKI

Force all units in the array to get in or out of their assigned vehicles. Units must be assigned to a vehicle before this command will do anything.

What if i want a specific unit to get in a specific vehicle position? Cant do that through either of the command menus you just get a generic getin hunter! (unless you tell him to mount the vehicle, wait for him to get in , then bring up the command menu, goto action, scroll through all the actions until you get to move into a specific spot) micro managing much)

I can assign the unit a position from script why cant i order him to get in that position?

Edited by Larrow

On 09/09/2013 at 12:40 PM, Larrow said:

Lol so OrderGetIn does not order a unit to get in a vehicle if they are in my group. I know i can do this in game just by looking at the unit and selecting him then looking at the vehicle and choosing mount vehicle, thats not the point, i was experimenting with the commands.

WIKI

What if i want a specific unit to get in a specific vehicle position? Cant do that through either of the command menus you just get a generic getin hunter! (unless you tell him to mount the vehicle, wait for him to get in , then bring up the command menu, goto action, scroll through all the actions until you get to move into a specific spot) micro managing much)

I can assign the unit a position from script why cant i order him to get in that position?

WIKI: orderGetIn won't take effect on player controlled AI units,

22 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

WIKI: orderGetIn won't take effect on player controlled AI units,

ffur2007slx2_5 Posted on 8 May, 2014 - 18:59

(ArmA3 ver 1.18), here's a quick reference to unit's embarkation and disembarkation.

CommandRemote ControlBehaviorRole Unassigning

orderGetInfalseorderGetIn won't take effect on player controlled AI units,

8 May 2014 - Arma3 1.18

previous original posting

(cur | prev) 15:37, 6 May 2014‎ Ffur2007slx2 5 (talk | contribs)‎

Posted on 6 May, 2014 21:31

ffur2007slx2_5

in arma3 1.18, orderGetIn only takes effect on AI who isn’t subordinated to player units.

6th May 2014 - Arma3 1.18

Features introduced with Arma 3 version 1.18 may be recognised by the appearance of this icon:

Release date: April 30, 2014

April 30 2014

On 9/9/2013 at 11:40 PM, Larrow said:

Lol so OrderGetIn does not order a unit to get in a vehicle if they are in my group.

9th September 2013

wooo (< sorry best ghostly impression) necromancy :icon_biggrin:

• Haha 3

Sure, but as you know, anything man consider broken becomes a BI intended behavior after a 2 year archiving. So, five years...  it's a vintage.

• Like 2