Sign in to follow this  
Zombitch

Delete waypoint do not delete all waypoints.

Hey guys,

I am trying to delete all waypoints assigned to a group but when I do that some waypoint "still alive".

Here is a picture of the situation :

mini_686461Capture.png

3 waypoints have been assigned to the enemy group (red). When my player get in the trigger radius (at the bottom right) I would like to remove all enemy waypoint so in the trigger I call the following script when condition meet :

_unit = _this select 0;
_group = group _unit;
_waypoints = waypoints _group;
_i = 0;

while{(count _waypoints) > 0} do
{
deleteWaypoint [_group, _i];
_i = _i + 1;
};

hint format["Waypoint count %1", count (waypoints _group)];

The thing is when the hint show up it should be written : "Waypoint count 0" whereas it 's written "Waypoint count 2" meaning there are 2 waypoints "alive".

Any idea why it's not completly working ?

Thanks ;)

Comment copied from the wiki for deleteWaypoint by kju:

When you want to remove all waypoints, do NOT iterate over waypoints _group while trying to delete them (an array is by reference!). Instead use an approach like this:

while {(count (waypoints _group)) > 0} do
{
deleteWaypoint ((waypoints _group) select 0);
};

I think that when you delete waypoint 0, 1 and 2 get shifted back to become 0 and 1 etc.

Thanks it's working perfectly. (I read the wiki about deleteWaypoint function but I didn't read the notes...)

This is a major pita. Is it possible that the devs change the waypoint indexes to remain static? The current system is really bad, because, say, I want to delete a few particular waypoints in my mission if some conditions are met, but the time when those are met varies and I can't possibly know how many waypoints the unit has already passed.

Another issue: deleting a waypoint does not affect the synchronisation of waypoints. Say, I have two tanks that are not in the same group. I give them a couple of waypoint, and I synchronise, say, waypoint "A" with waypoint "B". Even if I delete waypoint "A", the tank with waypoint "B" will NOT proceed and wait infinitely!

Fix please!

Edited by ziiip

Another problem with deleteWaypoint is, whenever I successfully delete all waypoints, the AI will still continue on with its current waypoint and then stop. I would expect they would stop in place when all waypoints have been deleted. This is the problem with "Cancel All Waypoints" in high command. I cannot make them stop

After you've deleted all waypoints, create a new one at their current location. Below is a script I've used for a helicopter named "heli":

while {(count (waypoints group _heli)) > 0} do
{
         deleteWaypoint ((waypoints group _heli) select 0);
};

waypoint1 = (group _heli) addwaypoint [getpos _heli,0];

//Noddan