Sign in to follow this  
JohnnieConcrete

Stuttering on Stratis and Altis

Yeah, it's not entirely gone, but there's definitely a noticeable improvement over a mechanical drive.

I can agree, im on a SSD corsair x2 120gb

and still stutters a lot and my system is rather more than capable of running arma 3 at full also.

needs more RAM RAM RAM RAMMMYYY RAM RAM

Awesome, back to rock solid'ish 60 FPS (vsync cap) running around the terminal building this morning. And I didn't even have to reinstall or switch branches, or do anything other than update this morning. Much appreciated BIS.

@Sneakson

:rolleyes:

Well, did you TRY?

I see lots of users complaining and moaning about ARMA and then dropping bombs like â€Hey bro, why can’t I max all settings on my several years old hardware! Bullshit!â€.

I haven’t had any major issues on two different machines running Win7 32-bit and Win8 64-bit so whatever issues users are having clearly are not universal so re-installing their entire systems or something close to it should have a chance of clearing up any issues unless the issue is specific to your exact components.

Issues like these are not magical and either are specific to your computer because somewhere there’s a mess that needs to be cleared or it is specific to your or a broader (universal) spectrum of components.

If I’m having the issue and you’re not and we have similar hardware then it is obviously the software spooking.

If you really want to solve an issue then take your time instead of adding start-up-parameters and whining about how I’m making you waste time.

And I just tried flying around Altis and playing the Showcase: Infantry on both a Win7 32-bit Q9550/560 Ti/4GB DDR2/HDD and on a Win8 64-bit 4770K/770/16GB DDR3/SSD system with no micro-stuttering whatsoever.

I’m not denying you have issues but I’m saying there’s probably something more you could do to resolve the issues.

I lol'd

Last week I played with Ultra settings with stable 55-60 fps. Today I'm playing with max 40 fps, with a lot of stuttering , regardless of settings. Something must be wrong with the latest Dev branch update??

Im finding the latest patch {lastnight} has improved the game on my side.

Running with HD6950 2gb crossfire + standard clock speed + beta 13.10 drivers + Radeon pro + sweet fx with E4 filters

"-high -maxMem=8192 -maxVram=2048 -noBenchmark -noLogs -noPause -noSplash -world=empty"

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/183/

Edited by kaysio

Well thanks everyone, we will just have to wait, although it does seem better.

In a vehicle and rotating in 3rd person it seems to stutter on the corners.

After doing a 360 degree turn a couple of times it seems to improve but is still there the odd moment, nothing to bad.

I'm sure it will be sorted.

Sooo Just to recap, its kinda better... not that much. But to all you guys with SSDs and stutter! What kind of stutter? Every 10sec a jerk? A pause? Rule number one with SSDs : "DONT let them fill up". Always leave space, minimum 10%, better to just give it 30GB freespace( its called provisioning). As for a HDD with game, and a SSD with OS... The game will still be slow and hang up if your SSDs are full.... so then the page is having to use the HDD... HDDs need 20+% of free space to run best.

Sooo Just to recap, its kinda better... not that much. But to all you guys with SSDs and stutter! What kind of stutter? Every 10sec a jerk? A pause? Rule number one with SSDs : "DONT let them fill up". Always leave space, minimum 10%, better to just give it 30GB freespace( its called provisioning). As for a HDD with game, and a SSD with OS... The game will still be slow and hang up if your SSDs are full.... so then the page is having to use the HDD... HDDs need 20+% of free space to run best.

Ive got Raid 0 ssd setup.

The odd stutter I get is only now in heavy building areas.

This only happens when Im flying.

I experience some strange stutter due to video memory.

Using 4GB gfx cards while I fly in Altis the video memory usage will keep increasing till it reaches around 2.4GB and then suddenly I will get a little stutter and video memory usage will drop by 700-800MB.

It will again start gradually increasing and if I look behind me there will be stutter and the terrain will be blurry. Seems like Arma 3 fills available video memory and when it reaches a point it clears part of it and starts filling it again but the way it does it is not so smooth.

In Arma 2 I would reach my maximum video memory usage and it would usually stay there.

To the Devs, can Arma 3 utilize all the memory of our gfx cards or is there a limit?

Admittedly, I haven't played for about a week, but the stuttering today is quite bad. Frame rate is good but the stuttering is spoiling the fun :(