Sign in to follow this  
Sealife

An Old Trend renewed

Seems people lost the ability to respect that games and gaming on PC along with Consumer expectaions is very

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/subjective.

I hope soon thre will be official Moderation statement that it is right and propper for a consumer to write is/her dissapointment just as it is for a consumer to write about thier pleasure.

With open world sanbox software like Arma series there are inevetabely many varying aims for purchase and many varying degree of consideration of polished /acceptable quality.

However it seems some posters are loosing the aim of the forum , which is to offer a valid and counter post to the original subject of the thread and not to insult on a personal basis the poster.

if you bare in mind the varied expectations and pc specs you will realise that SUbjectiveness plays a very large rrole in the passion here.

Please let us see more post about the Positive aspects as a counter agument or indeed as a response , i saw too many times now COD Kiddies , DAYZ Kiddies etc etc.

Lest we forget if it was not for DAYZ kiddies , it is very unlikely we will even be here disucssing A3 at this moment in time so that needs to be dropped right away .

Hope i havnt been to Hypocritical and the post can in some way help reflect in this passionate time before the 12th after all ,it is a combination of us a that will meet in the game that we fel so passionate about t some point :).

Lest we forget if it was not for DAYZ kiddies , it is very unlikely we will even be here disucssing A3 at this moment in time so that needs to be dropped right away .

ArmA3 was going to happen regardless of DayZ. But it wouldn't have been such a mess if DayZ SA didn't cause a split in resources which effectively ruined it.

If you think DayZ "saved" ArmA3 from never happening you are very wrong. BIS was doing well as it is, even did a massive increase in workforce by acquiring several studios back in 2010.

However it seems some posters are loosing the aim of the forum , which is to offer a valid and counter post to the original subject of the thread and not to insult on a personal basis the poster.

Please let us see more post about the Positive aspects as a counter agument or indeed as a response , i saw too many times now COD Kiddies , DAYZ Kiddies etc etc.

Agree. We should discuss about ideas, not about the people who post them.

BTW I believe that positive and constructive criticism is the way to go. Is what can make this game better.

And people should be able to express their opinions ( whatever they are ) without someone systematically harassing them and accusing them of self-entitlement, ignorants, crybabies, activision spy, etc.

ArmA3 was going to happen regardless of DayZ. But it wouldn't have been such a mess if DayZ SA didn't cause a split in resources which effectively ruined it.

If you think DayZ "saved" ArmA3 from never happening you are very wrong. BIS was doing well as it is, even did a massive increase in workforce by acquiring several studios back in 2010.

Hi with all due respect , please do not suggest you know what i am thinking or offer to others that you know , be polite and Ask what i mean or in truth what i am thinking and i shall reply respectively.

this is how forum works

But it wouldn't have been such a mess if DayZ SA didn't cause a split in resources which effectively ruined it.

And the source of that quote is please? And I am talking about the words in bold.

Hi with all due respect , please do not suggest you know what i am thinking or offer to others that you know , be polite and Ask what i mean or in truth what i am thinking and i shall reply respectively.

this is how forum works

he's saying you're wrong but without belittling tone you want everyone to say it(because you want everyone to show fake respect at all times, and as your own tone suggests, you have little respect for those of differing opinion anyway). as for his suggestion that dayz standalone ruined arma 3, i think there's some truth in that just based on that fact that any time resources are split, you're bound to get less quality in two products than you would if the same resources went into one. i mean we're seeing a new level of reskin jobs and porting jobs that didn't exist in arma franchise before. something a lot of people have noted. and it really doesn't even make sense that the iranians would have the exact same western gear without modifications such as the same uavs and apc turrets.

as for those who think bis will come out with content down the line, i'm sorry, but where's the precedence in that? the only time bis provided new content after release was through paid dlcs. and it was unrelated to the main game.

i'm still hoping the whole "all sandbox content released" is a mistake or improper translation, or some type of ploy.

Before the DayZ craze, Arma 3 was planned for Q2/Q3 2012 release. Sure it probably wouldn't have been Arma 3 we know today, but it would have been here regardless.

this is how forum works

Ok, it sounds like you're saying DayZ single handedly kept Arma afloat, and Arma 3 owes it's existence to Dayz. So what did you really mean if not that?

don't want to argue with you but you are wrong about DayZ ruining A3 , BIS was not in the middle of a core engine rewrite/rebuild/revamp etc when the dayz craze happened.

"Old Trend"

I respectfully ask, are you in a legitimate position to offer advice on trends of this forum/this community/this software house?

Some of us have seen these cycles, many times.

Gladly BIS weathers them, as does the people who did their research and knows what they're buying.

because you want everyone to show fake respect at all times, and as your own tone suggests, you have little respect for those of differing opinion anyway.

Nailed it! That's what all these fake "lets respect each other" bullshit threads are always about.

Then two post later you see them attacking the crap out of someone.:rolleyes:

Care to try and prove this, or pretty much anything you pass of as solid fact?

Their programmer was a guy who wasn't working on Arma 3 (CEO's brother - Maruk?), there was Dean Hall and Matt Lightfoot and they had a team of five... Arma 3 had what, 60 or 70 people working on it in total (granted far fewer dev resource but you get the picture here). They had some help from Ivan from time to time, and have used their mocap facilities etc, but I think you're putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 again...

Seems people lost the ability to respect that games and gaming on PC along with Consumer expectaions is very

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/subjective.

I hope soon thre will be official Moderation statement that it is right and propper for a consumer to write is/her dissapointment just as it is for a consumer to write about thier pleasure.

With open world sanbox software like Arma series there are inevetabely many varying aims for purchase and many varying degree of consideration of polished /acceptable quality.

if you bare in mind the varied expectations and pc specs you will realise that SUbjectiveness plays a very large rrole in the passion here.

Hope i havnt been to Hypocritical and the post can in some way help reflect in this passionate time before the 12th after all ,it is a combination of us a that will meet in the game that we fel so passionate about t some point :).

I would not be here if it wasn't for DayZ (that's why I began playing ArmA). And anyone who has played with me wouldn't have any complaint about my gaming. I am not the best sim-soldier in the worls, but I do my best, and most of the times I best most of the players in the server.

as for those who think bis will come out with content down the line, i'm sorry, but where's the precedence in that? the only time bis provided new content after release was through paid dlcs. and it was unrelated to the main game.

I seem to remember the Sopwith Camel was free, at least. It was fantastic at the time, because it finally meant that the OPFOR had a fixed-wing aircraft!

there we go with dayz again? As for me, i'm with BIS, since flashpoint: cold war crisis 1.0. Because of playing flashpoint, games like CoD and battlefield, felt like a joke to me (probably they were not that bad back then). I'm a stalker fan as well, and i've kinda wondered, from time to time, why there aren't any good stalker inspired mods out there for arma 2? This could be a perfect zone to explore! So, when dayz came out, this was at least half the way, my wish got realized. I'm not a zombie fan myself, but the first time ive joined a very early dayz server, it was pitch black night, scary music playing and fucking fast runing zombies! Now ive got gooshumps after that, that did really impress me! I've been playing nearly whole 2012 90% of arma in dayz only. 24h runs with friends, i met in dayz there. 20 man groups, really enjoyable experience.

So as for me, i see nothing much negative about dayz at all. The big upset after dayz got popular, amount of hackers and game breakers, on regular arma servers. Joining in and tking everone, or spawning cows lol.

Because of dayz, arma 2 was at top in steam sales for months, that must have improved BI studio financial situation a lot! Thats also a big fat plus point.

Now BI studio, making dayz SA, which partially will break dayz and arma 3 fans apart, thats also a big plus point as for me.

I can't call myself arma or BIS fanboi, but maybe i'm to optimistic about what BIS do, and i have a lot of understanding and respect, for all decission they make. And all the butthurt and rage, makes me really worries, what happens to arma community, and i wish, people would be sligthly more respectable to the devs.

Edited by NeuroFunker

As you have no clue, i'll enlighten you : there was a lot of vehicles and weapons released for free after game release for OFP (Humvee, OH58, Sopwith Camel etc.), there was a campaign released for free (Eagle Wing) for a Comanche helicopter released for free in A2,...

Hello there

We do seem to be going over very old ground here, but IMHO constructive criticism and questioning is great on any forum.

Personal flaming etc is not needed. It will happen and we can all be guilty of it. What's needed is modicum of respect and sometimes some empathy.

As to the "DAYZ kiddie" thing, or "insert opposing game kiddie" will probably never die out, its in our nature to be tribal. I would like folk to stop blaming DAYZ for all things though.

Btw im a 43 year old "DAYZ Kiddie"

Just try and be pleasant and remember that not everyone will see things the way one does.

Rgds

LoK

The forums right now remind me of the time when armed assault and arma2 were released. A lot of new people and a lot of new opinions and wishes.

It will calm down again.

i wish, people would be sligthly more respectable to the devs.

just for the sake of argument Neuro I would have to point out that respect is a 2 way street and as such BIS should also respect there customers as well because they need us we don't need them and i don't say that to be rude but to point out the fact that the performance issues is not a new one and has been ongoing and although it was a business decision it still comes off as a little disrespectful to your customer base to ignore one of the more glaring issues of there engine.

209 pages and still active...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues

just for the sake of argument Neuro I would have to point out that respect is a 2 way street and as such BIS should also respect there customers as well because they need us we don't need them and i don't say that to be rude but to point out the fact that the performance issues is not a new one and has been ongoing and although it was a business decision it still comes off as a little disrespectful to your customer base to ignore one of the more glaring issues of there engine.

209 pages and still active...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues

So you think that the devs are ignoring the "performance" issue? I seriously beg to differ, read the Sitreps and they tell you that the devs are optimising the game.

which is to offer a valid and counter post to the original subject of the thread and not to insult on a personal basis the poster.
i saw too many times now COD Kiddies , DAYZ Kiddies etc etc.

Am I the only one seeing the logical contradiction here? :)

Edited by DarkWanderer

Care to try and prove this, or pretty much anything you pass of as solid fact?

Their programmer was a guy who wasn't working on Arma 3 (CEO's brother - Maruk?), there was Dean Hall and Matt Lightfoot and they had a team of five... Arma 3 had what, 60 or 70 people working on it in total (granted far fewer dev resource but you get the picture here). They had some help from Ivan from time to time, and have used their mocap facilities etc, but I think you're putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 again...

First of all ArmA2 sold 1 million copies before DayZ - according to a recent DayZ interview. Second Dwarden said ArmA games (and ArmA2 in particular) were always selling well (during a DayZ game no less). If BIS had any lack of money why would they expand by buying 3 new studios?

Third. Suma was working on ArmA3 from the get go since he's an engine programmer and ultimately responsible for all the most deeply rooted changes in the engine. Him moving to DayZ in 2012 is the reason why since DayZ we have very much zero of much needed improvements done to the engine. Just to name a few: drones still have invisible crew and attack on their own because the promised "in-engine" solution never happened, engine still has stencil shadows, AI had zero changes from how it was in ArmA2 until a few weeks ago when klamacz started doing something with it. And even then it's not groundbreaking... like you know teaching AI how to use buildings or at least new stances to not make them such an easy prey for the player. Yet DayZ's RV3 gets really drastic changes like a completely new architecture for MP and zombie AI remade from the ground up.

Fourth. Do you really think all those interiors, completely new areas and objects with new textures on Chernarus are made by 5 people without using ArmA3 artists while ArmA3 has gotten zero new content since, surprise, summer 2012 apart from mostly gimmicky "3D" scopes? It's been a year since summer 2012 during which no new vehicles and weapons have been made making ArmA3 the poorest game in whole series when it comes to playable content.

It's actually called using common sense.

Edited by metalcraze

First of all ArmA2 sold 1 million copies before DayZ - according to a recent DayZ interview. Second Dwarden said ArmA games (and ArmA2 in particular) were always selling well (during a DayZ game no less). If BIS had any lack of money why would they expand by buying 3 new studios?

Third. Suma was working on ArmA3 from the get go since he's an engine programmer and ultimately responsible for all the most deeply rooted changes in the engine. Him moving to DayZ in 2012 is the reason why since DayZ we have very much zero of much needed improvements done to the engine. Just to name a few: drones still have invisible crew and attack on their own because the promised "in-engine" solution never happened, engine still has stencil shadows, AI had zero changes from how it was in ArmA2 until a few weeks ago when klamacz started doing something with it. And even then it's not groundbreaking... like you know teaching AI how to use buildings or at least new stances to not make them such an easy prey for the player. Yet DayZ's RV3 gets really drastic changes like a completely new architecture for MP and zombie AI remade from the ground up.

Fourth. Do you really think all those interiors, completely new areas and objects with new textures

Though I can understand that posting this is a way of showing disappointment. I don't see the final productive intention of it.

I mean, BI can manage they assets as they please. And it has been said in other posts that A3 has had new content from last spring.

I'm starting to think that the moderators should open a new forum called "All kinds of complains", to keep each forum focused on their topics.

Just hope the official release will get my fps back to a playable state only 2 days to go and worrying about it being stable as I have done the alpha and beta with all its ups and downs on the dev build now I would like a solid stable game to use that looks good and plays good.

Fourth. Do you really think all those interiors, completely new areas and objects with new textures on Chernarus are made by 5 people without using ArmA3 artists while ArmA3 has gotten zero new content since, surprise, summer 2012 apart from mostly gimmicky "3D" scopes? It's been a year since summer 2012 during which no new vehicles and weapons have been made making ArmA3 the poorest game in whole series when it comes to playable content.

what makes you say that? If your following carefuly Dean Halls devblog, and gamecom interviews, he said clearly, that dayz sa is NOT using rv3 engine.

Hello there

I think its called assumption personally.

The DAYZ dev team as far as I can tell has not taken any major amounts of resources away from A3.

I'm both an A3 and DAYZ fan and am somewhat involved (albeit on the far periphery) with the DAYZ devs on a pretty much day to day basis.

If DAYZ had sucked the heart out of A3 I would be very vocal about it.

Im a supporter and critic of both games and believe only positives can come out of their "side by side" development. Im sure we will see content/idea creep between both the games if we have not already.

DAYZ is not the villain in this case.

Rdgs

LoK