Sign in to follow this  
Niklas

There is a police boat, but is there a police car and cop uniforms?

Is there files for police uniforms in the game? I know there is an offroad variant that looks like police, but that isn't in the editor. Anyone got the classnames for these?

There is a police vest, "V_tacVest_Blk_Police". No actual police uniform yet, but with the gear customization it's easy enough to create one with that vest, maybe a black beret or baseball cap. I was going to suggest using the uniform type of the FIA autorifleman, but then I discovered that uniform doesn't seem to exist. The unit isn't actually wearing one, suggesting it is part of the actual model. Same goes for the civilian character with the biker jacket I think.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

that doesn't really make sense. why would there be police items with no actual police? i think there'll be police, but they'll probably be reskinned civilians.

Prob. legacy items from the previous campaign attempts or parts of upcoming content.

looking at the scientists and bandits using the helicopter pilot jumpsuit, i can't help thinking if the mechanic overall from arma 2 oa would have been a better fit. and wasn't there already a lab coat model from arma 2?

I think a police version of the SUV would be a cool addition. Maybe should try to mod one myself :)

There's the I_G_Guerrila2_3 or something like that that I attempted to use as a police template. There two major problems I found...

1) The sleeves are rolled up. They shouldn't be rolled up, rather they should just end at the elbow.

2) The shoulder texture is mirrored. You can put a patch, but its reversed on the opposing soldier.

BI if you're listening. Please please just take what I said above into consideration and add or edit the model. Such minor little changes are needed, otherwise it'd be a perfect model to use!

Haven't seen one, however there is a modded server dedicated to policing Stratis, uniforms and everything, plus you can arrest people.

I'm currently planning on making a retexture pack for Vilas police vehicles which would encompass creating a fictional Altian police paint scheme. I've been testing Vilas' civilian car addons using AiA for the last few days and it looks ok enough to be in ArmA3 (even strobes and sirens are working) with minor modifications only.

I should start doing the work this weekend, so far I have made retextures of his Fire Brigade vehicles, started on ambulances and other stuff (like this bus):

1174427_10201867643723573_1157169310_n.jpg?oh=710386873e0182b707d285287dc83613&oe=5234AE68&__gda__=1379233178_921a8b3979ebab1c19bd04aa52fb15a7

1369058_10201867643643571_1908553785_n.jpg?oh=ce9e1d16f31dc2deb32042de460dfb82&oe=5234B7C7&__gda__=1379264757_46178793d8ad7685247145a101c5c486

One should of course port the necessary assets properly (preferably the author himself), but until this is done it's a good walkaround and I should be able to get a permission to release a retexture pack for A2OA, which then could be used in A3 with AiA.

The cars there are fairly new, contemporary models which with a bit of rust will do well in 2035, like this Ford Mondeo.

I wonder where the police pickup is from the lighting showcase video? The thing looked nice.

If I remember correctly, I tried the Police boat out last night the Beacon Lighting wasn't very Dynamic at all.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/582377886145359353/018B4E9549E82D23127505771BA9348507E2DB61/ <--- The Beacon lights are on trust me

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/582377886145357209/D809ABAD644E569DCC9C253DE019BACBA80DF8DF/

The lightbar casing is also invisible in first-person view, when inside the boat.

the Beacon Lighting wasn't very Dynamic at all<--- The Beacon lights are on trust me

Just had a similar observation with regards to airfield landing strip lights... nowhere near the showcased effects... ;/

I noticed with the police stuff (and a lot of other stuff) that with the big updates on the dev branch they added in stuff. Like the police tac vest. For the longest time if I am remembering correctly it just looked like a regular tac vest. With the release content update or the actual release it actually has lettering on the back now. There is also a placeholder for a police beret. Right now its just a black beret.

I think there is a lot of stuff that will be updated when the campaign is out and needs it. Hopefully they'll get the lightbars working. That type of thing would look awesome with the new lighting.