Sign in to follow this  
dpatt712

Looking for help to create a submarine

And your skills are?

And the project is?

More information is required before you get people excited.

It is a bit vague, Dpatt. For all we know you're wanting to make a Napoleonic mod where the Prussians tamed dragons. You might want to give a hint at what you're wanting to achieve.

I only can model and texture, I'm working on a submarine and already have the model.

A full scale submarine will require a script in order to work. I made one just as a test and found that there were many hardcoded limits in the submarineX class. If you made the sub a realistic size and weight, it couldn't submerge. If you made the geometry lod really small and light like the SDV then it would work but you couldn't change the acceleration, so it would just jump to its top speed in a few seconds like the SDV. It's doable, but basically you chose one of the most difficult vehicles to build as a first project.

didn't know that, like I said I am a visuals man, I texture, model and animate, not code.

A full scale submarine will require a script in order to work. I made one just as a test and found that there were many hardcoded limits in the submarineX class. If you made the sub a realistic size and weight, it couldn't submerge. If you made the geometry lod really small and light like the SDV then it would work but you couldn't change the acceleration, so it would just jump to its top speed in a few seconds like the SDV. It's doable, but basically you chose one of the most difficult vehicles to build as a first project.

What if someone were to create a new map contained no islands per say, but had great depth for underwater battles and scenes?

Or maybe a map with reliable Depth for the sub and a small island to unload Recon by rubber dingy?

didn't know that, like I said I am a visuals man, I texture, model and animate, not code.

hey, this gets me excited. Very rare with people who actually do stuff :)

Like Sakura I been trying to code our submarine without any luck.. but I think its doable, its just a matter of fully understand what does what. Should be able to increase the engine and such. So I am very excited about a working submarine..

The main problem as I see it is to get rid of the water from the interior view...

The main problem as I see it is to get rid of the water from the interior view...

Only that?

Just a matter of adding in the config

waterPPInVehicle = 0;

And no "inside water FX" in the driver, gunner, commander and cargo LODs.

You will still have strange lighting issues if you don't have a correct Shadow or View Geometry LODs

dpatt712 : what kind of submarine are you working on, and if you are still on it, what kind of troubles are you stuck on?