Okay, I don't want to be rude but at any kind: Tell me one small hatchback with that small engine which goes faster than 250. Even the biiiiig Audi RS3 is capped at 250. Just saying.

Mercedes A45 - for example - with the Drivers Package is capped at 270 and could reach even more if uncapped. And even with a speedcap on 250, i'd feel fine, but 220 feels a bit slow while the "basic" version already reaches 203kph. (Do you base the Hatchback on any real existing Vehicle, by any chance? I couldn't find any info on that, seems like some sort of Japanese Import)

Rally cars don't usually have more powerfull engines. When talking bout HP, a Ford Fiesta S2000 has about 280hp. What makes them more powerfull is that they have completely different gearbox and suspension. Their sequential gearbox allows very fast gear changes, and the suspension is superb. Anyway, Most Rally cars are capped at 180kph. They simply don't need any more speed than that (Of course, when racing some stages they have an upped top speed to around 220, but nevertheless). The Rally Hatchback differs from the sport one in following points: Softer suspension, more powerfull engine, shortened gearbox.

Allright, thanks for the info on that.

I didn't make the hatchback sport to be fast. I want to make it handle good. By the way: I already raised the topspeed for the next update to around 240.

Nice to hear this.

Also, i guess that your comment towards Brakes means, an ABS System isn't possible within ArmA3? Sad to hear, but alright. Also, i did not break in turns, but on perfectly straight roads. Lets' see if i can figure something out on my end, then.

Mercedes A45 - for example - with the Drivers Package is capped at 270 and could reach even more if uncapped. And even with a speedcap on 250, i'd feel fine, but 220 feels a bit slow while the "basic" version already reaches 203kph. (Do you base the Hatchback on any real existing Vehicle, by any chance? I couldn't find any info on that, seems like some sort of Japanese Import)

Yup, it's real brother is the new 9th-gen Honda Civic.

does this mod add the steering v from arma 2 (also present on arma 3 tanks)?

Sorry, didn't understand what you mean...

Edit:

v0.7 is out.

v0.7

-fixed a lot of things, cannot remember everything....

-tweaked SUV (Sport) (again)

-tweaked Speedboat (turning force eca...)

-tweaked "fuelConsumptionRate" for all vehicles

-upped max. Speed of the Hatchback (Sport)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163352-Refined-Vehicles&p=2492515&viewfull=1#post2492515

Edited by RedPhoenix

So far I am really liking where this mod is going. One question I have is why does this game seem to have such a subdued compression bounce? When you see a tank ramp then hit the ground it violently rebounds into the air about a quarter the height it fell.

Same thing with cars, I have seen many a video where a car or truck ramps then bounces again after the shocks have fully compressed then released. Are the shocks in the game supposed to be this way or is it the way the physx engine was implemented into the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2GEt8vi2RA

This is great work, I'll add it to my Mods collection ASAP!

Does your Mod override any soundfiles, or will it e 100% compatible with sound Mods like Speed Of Sound or JSRS?

Yay!

So far I am really liking where this mod is going. One question I have is why does this game seem to have such a subdued compression bounce? When you see a tank ramp then hit the ground it violently rebounds into the air about a quarter the height it fell.

Same thing with cars, I have seen many a video where a car or truck ramps then bounces again after the shocks have fully compressed then released. Are the shocks in the game supposed to be this way or is it the way the physx engine was implemented into the game?

As far as I experienced it's PhysX, and one of the reason I was dropping the development for some time.

Sometimes it's just agony getting things right.

This is great work, I'll add it to my Mods collection ASAP!

Does your Mod override any soundfiles, or will it e 100% compatible with sound Mods like Speed Of Sound or JSRS?

Yay!

Dunno, test it if you like.

Gliptal, unlike one of the mods you mentioned that has a bunch of undocumented features that fuck up certain aspects of the game, this doenst affect anything other then vehicle performance and handling. And is a Great addition to any modpack!!!

Gliptal, unlike one of the mods you mentioned that has a bunch of undocumented features that fuck up certain aspects of the game, this doenst affect anything other then vehicle performance and handling. And is a Great addition to any modpack!!!

Thanks. As always, I include my sources files when a milestone is reached. I might update those files in some time, I just want to finish the Kamaz before I update everything.

Small update:

v0.8

-added Truck

-> added Repair and Refuel Zamak for Civilians

-fixed several little things

-cleaned the code

-removed Hatchback (Rally)

arma32013-11-2312-09-qoaje.jpg

As always: Thanks for testing this mod, I'm always happy about feedback.

RP

ps: I am looking for someone able to convert this into a script version. If you know how to do that, write me a PM if you are interested.

Edited by RedPhoenix

ouch. you got rid of the rally car... looks like ill be keeping the old version too, i can do with out the civ cars in exchange for the rally car..

ouch. you got rid of the rally car... looks like ill be keeping the old version too, i can do with out the civ cars in exchange for the rally car..

It's currently broken somehow. That's why its not included in this version, but I will include that in the next "hotfix" again.

Hotfix today

v0.8.1

- added Hatchback (Rally) again

- tweaked class Wheels [] so rear axle is more agile for Hatchback (Rally)

- tweaked fuelConsumptionRate for Hatchback (Rally)

- tweaked peakTorque for Hatchback (Rally)

- tweaked rudderForce for Motorboat

- tweaked peakTorque for Motorboat

- tweaked rudderForceCoef for Motorboat

- tweaked rudderForceCoefAtMaxSpeed for Motorboat

- tweaked class Wheels [] for Offroad

Note: I also added a vehicle called "Offroad [Test]".

This vehicle is for testing purpose only. Try it and tell me what you think.

But be aware: It's very difficult to drive.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40Vehicles_Refined.rar

Another update, added the AAF vehicles.

v0.9

---> added AVF-4 Gorgon

---> rearranged config.cpp

General Parameters:

- tweaked fuelCapacity

- added fuelConsumptionRate

- tweaked maxSpeed

class Wheels[]:

- tweaked MOI

- tweaked maxBrakeTorque

- tweaked latStiffX

- tweaked frictionVsSlipGraph[]

Engine Parameters:

- tweaked thrustDelay

- tweaked enginePower

- tweaked PeakTorque

classComplexGearbox[]

-> added 7th gear

-> added changeGearMinEffectivity[]

Anti-Rollbars

- tweaked antiRollbarSpeedMax

---> added Stryder

---> rearranged config.cpp

General Parameters:

- tweaked fuelCapacity

- added fuelConsumptionRate

- tweaked maxSpeed

class Wheels[]:

- tweaked maxBrakeTorque

- tweaked latStiffX

- tweaked frictionVsSlipGraph[]

Engine Parameters:

- tweaked thrustDelay

- tweaked enginePower

- tweaked PeakTorque

classComplexGearbox[]

-> added 6th gear

-> added changeGearMinEffectivity[]

---> added A-143 Buzzard

- tweaked acceleration

- tweaked maxSpeed

- tweaked aileronSensitivity

- tweaked elevatorSensitivity

- tweaked rudderInfluence

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40Vehicles_Refined.rar

Everything in this update are rather details and not quite noticeable at first hand.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Uff, why i overlooked this mod? Damn, i love realistic physics. i will try it out tonight and report! ;)

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Thanks for uploading & sharing!

Uff, why i overlooked this mod? Damn, i love realistic physics. i will try it out tonight and report! ;)

Yes, please!

@ topic.

Another small hotfix. Have discovered some bugs or wrong values. Maybe I was drunk last time, but cannot remember some of them (lol....)

v0.9.1

---> AVF-4 Gorgon

class Wheels[]:

- lowered maxBrakeTorque (-> buggy. Changing this value seems to have no effect at all on my end.)

---> Stryder

class Wheels[]:

- raised maxBrakeTorque

- raised latStiffX

- raised springDamperRate

- added different latStiffX values for rear axle

- added different maxBrakeTorque values for rear axle

Engine Parameters:

- raised maxOmega

classComplexGearbox[]

- lowered TransmissionRatios[]

Anti-Rollbars

- lowered antiRollbarSpeedMax

- raised antiRollbarForceCoef

class Sound[]

- doubled the volume of all engine sounds

Hehe so here is my feedback. Damn i tested with 0.9 so some is unnecessary.

I love the civilian truck. He feels high and wanky, little nervouse on steering. On of the best feelings i have with him steering a bullshit vehicle ;)

- Strider and all other heavy and expansive cars should have good brakes (0.91) . Others like the cheap civilian trucks and so on feels good but i thing a bit too strong on gravel or grass.

- understeering feels also good. Idk if there are vehicles where oversteering is an option. expansive vehicles should steer more friendly and idiot saver cause of their electronic helper stuff.

- They are a bit too fast offroad all the wheeled cars. Think they should get a greater penalty so they are forced to use streets except the ATVs. But even them are a bit fast, i dont know if i would drive so fast on grass :P

- while driving all the steering stuff brakes too hard. And on slow speed on a hill, while i steer my speed is horrible low. there shoudnt be such a limit, perhaps like in real life = too much turning -> little to complete understeer (will only work on high tourque vehicles) or turn over if the tires have enough grip on high vehicles while medium/high speed. And on tracked vehicles they can have bonuses on steering.

- tourque is most problem for me on the original game Arma2 and Arma3. very feelable on hills. I think you already tuned here a bit? must test more with/without mod with the same vehicle.

- the hatchbacks are still no sports car, even the sport edition. They are more SUV's with bad balance point and high weight. Only their Horsepower and tourque are high values. but this dont make a car fast..

One question (more come later :P ):

- is it possible to disable "electronic stuff" on damage? Like helicopter the instruments fail? So on damage to the front cars ABS or 4WD will get killed? So they loose their good breaking power on lose ground!

btw. is there a automatic flip back? would be a shame ;)

Edited by Numrollen

Could you please send me your feedback via PM, in german if you like.

I don't get some of your points....

I want to quickly say that the civilian truck is currently my most favourite vehicle! It is the only vehicle in the game where its center of gravity and suspension feels visceral and real. The only thing I can really complain about is the fact that the anti-rollbar is still in the game, at all, ever. Such a pain in the ass feature for when you are driving at highspeeds down the road and make a dangerously sharp turn that sends you sliding while tilting at a 45 degree angle on two wheels only to jarringly snap back on all four with no regard for the fact that those two tires were digging in pretty hard, likely to send you tumbling in a spectacular crash. Yeah, my two cents, I hate anti-rollbar. :blush:

Edited by Dunk
Embarrassing Grammatical Error

I want to quickly say that the civilian truck is currently my most favourite vehicle! It is the only vehicle in the game where its center of gravity and suspension feels visceral and real. The only thing I can really complain about is the fact that the anti-rollbar is still in the game, at all, ever. Such a pain in the ass feature for when you are driving at highspeeds down the road and make a dangerously sharp turn that sends you sliding while tilting at a 45 degree angle on two wheels only to jarringly snap back on all four with no regard for the fact that those two tires were digging in pretty hard, likely to send you tumbling in a spectacular crash. Yeah, my two cents, I hate anti-rollbar. :blush:

Well, ARBs prevent vehicle chassis from flipping over because the force overcomes the inertia of its own weight.

That conflicts with the game engine which automatically flips rolled-over vehicles onto their four wheels....

A small picture for next Wednesdays update, which won't only include BLUFOR & OPFOR....

fuckingboringworkz2znu.jpg

Okay, there we go with update 1.0!

It's a long, very long changelog, so I will just link a *.txt file here.

There are probably bugs or things I forgot to write down in the changelog.

If you find any, please send me a PM.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/version.txt

v1.0.0

For the first full release I cleaned up every single config file, adding new classes with the prefix "RVE_"; making the files even smaller than they are right now.

I won't be able to do any updates on the vehicles until mid-january, so please bear with me. I will make a list what to fix for the next update.

I also renamed most of the vehicles with the real names, or at least try to stay in the inheritence line considering names.

What is missing:

I have to work more on the OPFOR and BLUFOR MBT.

They require A LOT of time to get sorted, because they are quite tricky.

But I think this update is a big step into the right direction.

I will do another update on Wednesday to fix all the bugs that have occurred in this version, before I go on vacation.

Edited by RedPhoenix
my own dumbness