i couldn't see if this has been asked.As your mod changes the Wipeout gun values to 30mm,will that class with the "Mighty Gau" mod?It also makes the gun much more powerful and changes audio and smoke effects.I do like the idea of the gun being lockable to targets like in your mod though

i couldn't see if this has been asked.As your mod changes the Wipeout gun values to 30mm,will that class with the "Mighty Gau" mod?It also makes the gun much more powerful and changes audio and smoke effects.I do like the idea of the gun being lockable to targets like in your mod though

Pretty sure it will conflict.

Just verified with Vanilla + CBA

Refined Vehicles is killing the vhc randomizer for A3 vehicles. This means that when you spawn any Offroad Dmax it will be the default plain red truck. Same with SUV, Civic, ATV...

I think stopping the randomizer for the FIA offroad may be interrupting the whole system. It was weird...been weeks since I'd seen anything other than a red truck, orange suv, green atv etc...

B

Just verified with Vanilla + CBA

Refined Vehicles is killing the vhc randomizer for A3 vehicles. This means that when you spawn any Offroad Dmax it will be the default plain red truck. Same with SUV, Civic, ATV...

I think stopping the randomizer for the FIA offroad may be interrupting the whole system. It was weird...been weeks since I'd seen anything other than a red truck, orange suv, green atv etc...

B

I tested it without CBA, and at least the randomizer for the FIA Offroads did work.

But I will test it again when I'm back home (currently on vacation). Maybe because I didnt took the color variation with me into the new configs.

Then that would mean that the randomizer isnt as intelligent as I thought it would be....

Some screens for the next version:

The Taru will have a nice civilian texture. 

2015-08-20_00001d6p0m.jpg

2015-08-19_000067fr58.jpg

2015-08-19_000079krxq.jpg

2015-08-20_00006x3rpg.jpg

Fixed the KamAZ versions with actual textures, they work with Zeus.

2015-08-20_0000422rap.jpg

2015-08-20_00005ero5s.jpg

• Like 3

I hadn't realized how much I'd gotten used to the ice-skating handling characteristics of the vanilla vehicles. I clicked on Redphoenix's sig link for this mod purely out of idle curiosity, since i've been systematically marching through different activity areas of Arma 3 to improve the realism/immersion/scope without bogging my computer down.

Drove a couple vics around, and wow! They feel much weightier now. It's such a subtle change that you wouldn't notice if the previous good-enough handling was adequate for your enjoyment.

Not sure if it's related, but I was tooling around on recon in a BRDM-2 (Massi's NATO/Spetsnaz vehicles), and realized I had to play waaay farther ahead for acceleration and braking than I seemed to remember previously doing. Since it's 7 tons and not a regular ol' truck, I guess that makes sense. Pretty sure I was previously guilty of sporting around in it like taking the convertible out for a weekend jaunt.

It's no Project Cars / Assetto Corsa / Dirt Rally -- yet. :D But I am truly appreciative of the work you've put in on this. I loved seeing what you put into it (in the earlier thread posts).

• Like 2

Version 3.3.0

- fixed random textures on DMAX

- renewed torqueCurve for DMAX

- renewed gearbox ratios for DMAX

- fixed random textures on GAZ

- fixed version inheritance issues of Kamaz trucks

- added Civilian Taru Version

BLUFOR:

- AMV Patria is now deadly!

+ two fire modes for the gun: slow and fast fire mode

+ each ammo type has now two magazines with 75 rounds each

+ the weak 6.5mm coaxial MG was replaced with a more powerfull 7.62x51mm MG

OPFOR

- BM-2T Stalker

+ the weak 6.5mm coaxial MG was replaced with a more powerfull 7.62x54mm MG

+ the main gun has now a single fire mode

+ The turret can now auto-track

INDEP

- Pandur 8x8

+ added the same cannon as the BM-2T Stalker

+ added calibre to displayName

- FW510 Warrior

+ L21A1 Main Gun

+ 7.62mm MG

- Added PBOPREFIX

Download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.zip

Full Changelog:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/changelog.txt

• Like 2

OPFOR

- BM-2T Stalker

+ the weak 6.5mm coaxial MG was replaced with a more powerfull 7.62x54mm MG

+ the main gun has now a single fire mode

+ The turret can now auto-track

The part in bold doesn't seems to exist in my testing :(

The part in bold doesn't seems to exist in my testing :(

You sure? Can't test, not on my workstation over Christmas.

Just a quick update to fix compatability with RHS and CUP:

Version 3.3.1

- fixed Offroad config inheritance and class Turret inheritance to resulve issue when using with CUP or RHS

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.zip

People who subscribed on Steam Workshop already got the update.

From a complete ignorance in this regard: would it be possible that using this mod would change AI driving capabilities? How this changes affect an AI driver?

From a complete ignorance in this regard: would it be possible that using this mod would change AI driving capabilities? How this changes affect an AI driver?

No sorry. There are a couple of parameters for AI driving, but most of the times they are driving like complete drunktards....

No sorry. There are a couple of parameters for AI driving, but most of the times they are driving like complete drunktards....

Well, regardless of improvements, does the AI compensate well for these changes? Take braking for a concrete example. A human driver have to take that into account when approaching a curve. Does the current AI have no problem with that? Will this drunktards not crash the whole thing at the first turn they'll have to take? More than usual, that is  :) .

Well, regardless of improvements, does the AI compensate well for these changes? Take braking for a concrete example. A human driver have to take that into account when approaching a curve. Does the current AI have no problem with that? Will this drunktards not crash the whole thing at the first turn they'll have to take? More than usual, that is  :) .

Unfortunately no :(

Oh my goodness... Thank you so much for this... Splendid work... I can finally properly drive the Kart and slide around with the Sport Hatchback (a.k.a. Honda Civic Type-R  :lol: ).

The only thing missing is manual transmission... If only Bohemia gave two ***** about that...

Do you think you could integrate it with ACE3 and maybe add a "mechanic" system sort of like the medic system that it has? Now THAT would be grand...

Oh my goodness... Thank you so much for this... Splendid work... I can finally properly drive the Kart and slide around with the Sport Hatchback (a.k.a. Honda Civic Type-R  :lol: ).

The only thing missing is manual transmission... If only Bohemia gave two ***** about that...

Do you think you could integrate it with ACE3 and maybe add a "mechanic" system sort of like the medic system that it has? Now THAT would be grand...

I'm thinking about adding a propper mechanic system. But due to my lack of scripting knowledge I can't promise anything.

• Like 2

I've been testing some of the vehicles. Here's my feedback.

First off, I have absolutely no ideia about how modding is done, so I don't even know if you have control over these things.

I know the quad bike is a very unstable vehicle in real life (which is portrated very well the way you made it), but for the game's purpose, it can't be made to roll over when you tap the steering. Maybe you could make it understeer or oversteer, and after a while without correction, roll-over.

I think the Hatchback (Sport) is pretty much spot on, as well as the Offroad.

The BMW X6 is a modern car and as such would have ABS. The front tires are locking when braking. It also probably has some kind of stability control (don't quote me on it), which would make it less oversteering than it currently is.

Great job on the Kart, it handles much better now. Well done on increasing the braking distance. I just think you overdid it a little bit. In my opinion it would be better if you reduced it just that tiny bit.

I loved how you made the handbrake have a bigger braking distance than the regular foot brake. If it were me, I would make it even worse, and unstabilize all the cars a lot more  :lol: 

I've tested it with ACE3 and it seems that ACE3 has messed with the steering sensitivity and maybe the vehicle's physics a bit... All I'm certain of is it feels very different. It would be so awesome if they would use your mod in the same package! One can only dream...

Thank you so much for this. I'll try to spread it around my community as much as I can  B)

Just a small heads up:
I think that the current version is not realy compatible with Eden, but I am not on my workstation for the next couple of weeks, so there will be no update until end of March.

• Like 1