To-199 isn't Tu-131. It's Russian Як-131Ш [Yak-131Sh]

It's wrong in the patch-notes, but correct ingame.

Apparently the wildcat/hellcat is broken - It doesn't appear into the game and comes back with an error.

2015/03/29, 15:22:19 Warning Message: Cannot open object bmp.p3d
2015/03/29, 15:22:19 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I_Heli_light_03_F/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret body mainTurret not found while initializing the model bmp.p3d
2015/03/29, 15:22:19 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I_Heli_light_03_F/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret gun mainGun not found while initializing the model bmp.p3d
2015/03/29, 15:22:19 bmp.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

If placed on the editor, the mission refuses to start.

EDIT: I think the Huron Chinook too..why the hell are helicopters referring to bmp.p3d?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by PhonicStudios

Interesting. But I can't fix it within the next two weeks.

Couldnt reproduce the previous error.

But new version:

Version 3.1.6

- reverted displayName changes for UAVs

- added the full Civic Rallye with Rally attachments :D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.zip

And now also on Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=424958987

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I did some fooling around with the tankX PhysX after some testing and thinking.

While I was tinkering around doing my all electric Hatchback and the hybrid M-ATV we at RHS were talking about the future of such hybrid drives in conventional tracked vehicles. While in real life BAe is already developing such a vehicle, we asked us how it would work in Arma3, since the tankX class is broken, as mostly everybody knows.

So what I than did was talking the config from the electric Hatchback, and reconfiguring it to match a possible tank. After some more trickery, I came up with quite a decent result.

I had Diagnostic Exe open so you can see what was going on the whole time.

Very nice! It always bothered me how much the heavier vehicles would "throw" themselves around and slide all over the place. That tank actually looks like it has the appropriate weight and handling for a vehicle with that much tonnage.

Is there still a version with vanilla names?

No, I don't have the time maintaing a version with vanilla names.

i think i found an issue and i narrowed it down to refined vehicles.

this mod seems to disable the new vanilla audio features introduces with the marksmen dlc.

i double checked everything and it is definatly refined vehicles.

i think(!) it's called tails. those effects you get when firing in different environments like for example in buildings.

i will make a video later today to show you what exactly i mean.

sorry, it took me a little longer, i had issues with the recording software.

it is just strange that noone else having this issue.

sorry, it took me a little longer, i had issues with the recording software.

it is just strange that noone else having this issue.

Wow, that's pretty interesting.

Even tho, I have no reference to the A3 sound files or configs, this is weird.

I will check it out later, thanks for posting!

there is a bug with offroad (isuzu) : you can witch to "gunner" but this is no gunner and player disapear (strange view from sky)

fixed class (1.42) http://pastebin.com/MZX4EnwY

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

ka60 unarmed are armed

fixed class : http://pastebin.com/1apKKMBf

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

same for Kamaz, class error /Box, fuel, etc.

fixed : http://pastebin.com/sBRYsP5E

Edited by havena

I just wanted to check if others were seeing this issue or it's a problem solely at my end. If you compare the performance of the Oshkosh M-ATV series of vehicles with and without the refined vehicles mod there seems to be a big negative performance drop for them when running the mod. I've no idea if this is more realistic or not but the sort of things I am noticing is less acceleration and slower top speeds when driving off sealed roads (which seems strange for an ATV) as well as significantly less hill climbing ability. For instance if you stick an M-ATV on the base on Stratis and drive over to and up the hill to the east of the base you see that without the mod you will drive up to the top without too much trouble at speeds between 15-30kph ie low gear range speed as you would expect. Add refined vehicles and you find that the same slope you went up at 15 kph you will only get 2-5 kph or not be able to climb it at all.

Does anyone else see that sort of thing? If others see it then it may be worth RedPheonix revisiting what he has done for this vehicle in case there is a bug floating about or something. It is just that this is almost the main infantry utility vehicle in Arma3 so would expect similar or better performance to the HMMV as I figure that is what it replaces. I really do love this mod by the way and for everything but the M-ATV really like the end results.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Wow, that's pretty interesting.

Even tho, I have no reference to the A3 sound files or configs, this is weird.

I will check it out later, thanks for posting!

I can already tell you that it's rpa_rve_surface.pbo who makes tail sounds disappears.

I have the same issue and by removing this pbo, problem is solved.

I can already tell you that it's rpa_rve_surface.pbo who makes tail sounds disappears.

I have the same issue and by removing this pbo, problem is solved.

Thanks so much bro, I will remove this pbo for the next version.

So general information:

I was extremely busy the last months with my personal work and stuff for RHS, but I'M BACK!

Next week I will update this mod to the latest patch, include some new config parameters and update some more configs.

Also, most of the tanks will recieve the simplistic PhysX data.

@Stonehouse

Well the thing is, Bohemia uses for the simulation of the maximum RPM a config value called maxOmega. But while this controls the maximum rotation of the crankshaft, it also controlls the actual power production of the engine, meaning: The higher, the better.

But due to my realistic engine configs my value is rather small, more or less 1/3 of the original value.

This means that the power output is not as unrealistic.

The maneuverability comparing to the HMMWV isn't as good, as it's a lot heavier, but only a little more powerful.

But I will take a look at this.

FYI the latest of Refined Vehicles causing a glitch with passenger placement in any of the Isuzu "Offroad" trucks.

Symptoms. When playing with another partner ai assigned in your squad...you enter vehicle as driver and command other ai to "get in" the partner ai will approach the back of the truck climb about 15 ft in the air and visibly disappear into the truck. The are still with you in the vehicle but are invisible. If you switch to play as that character the pov looks like you're in the dash.

Isolated the problem using vanilla w/ cba, addon folders and -mod parameters.

BTW.... the lastest version of PG Services does exactly the same thing. Also isolated as a above.

B

I know, I just didnt have the time to work on it :/

Version 3.2.0

Version 3.2.0

- deleted cfgSurface.pbo to reenable sound tails

- fixed random camo on FIA D-Max

- fixed gunner seat in D-Max

- BMW X6 and X6M recieved an updated engine code

- renamed AA guns of BLUFOR and OPFOR

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.zip

Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=424958987

Updated mod v3.2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey RedPhoenix , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.