Is there any chance you could get this to work with the MRAP Maxxpro? Maxxpro

No, this mod is about expanding the vanilla vehicles with more features.

Thanks man, can you explain the "funky stuff" with JSRS?

I'll try to figure the rest out tomorrow.

With JSRS2 enabled the AFV-4 Gorgon is still listed in Zeus but when you try to spawn it the game crashes.

This is just speculation on my part as i don't know what's actually going on.. but it seems like the M-ATV doesn't seem to be going through all it's gears? when you play only with JSRS2 you can hear it revving(?) at a really high pitch.

Other vehicles also seem to suffer from similar things, with their sounds not changing and staying in a (annoyingly) mono-tone state.

With JSRS2 enabled the AFV-4 Gorgon is still listed in Zeus but when you try to spawn it the game crashes.

This is just speculation on my part as i don't know what's actually going on.. but it seems like the M-ATV doesn't seem to be going through all it's gears? when you play only with JSRS2 you can hear it revving(?) at a really high pitch.

Other vehicles also seem to suffer from similar things, with their sounds not changing and staying in a (annoyingly) mono-tone state.

The problem hereby is that BI anticipated much higher RPM as the engines actually achieve. That's why the engine noise might sound mono.

Can you check the Gorgon problem if it still persists whithout JSRS?

(You are using the newest version, aren't you?)

Edit:

I have checked LJs configs, and he did the same. I could create compatibility patches, but that would take A LOT of time, and I would have to study cfgSounds a lot better.

Okay, just a small example:

Bohemias M-ATV has a redRpm = 4500; and a maxOmega = 471;

In reality, the Caterpilar C7 ACERT has a max RPM ranging from 2200 to 2800, depending on the power output (where 2800 is only achieved by the maritime propulsion engine afaik)

So my numbers are redRPM = 2400; and maxOmega = 251.33; - Way lower than BIs values.

Problem now is that they used the 4500RPM as the basis for their sound calculation - as did LJ......

Edited by RedPhoenix

The problem hereby is that BI anticipated much higher RPM as the engines actually achieve. That's why the engine noise might sound mono.

Can you check the Gorgon problem if it still persists whithout JSRS?

(You are using the newest version, aren't you?)

Yup using the latest version(from PWS) and it definitely happens only when i have RV and JSRS2 on. Once i disable JSRS2 the Gorgon(vanilla name) is no longer listed.

Yup using the latest version(from PWS) and it definitely happens only when i have RV and JSRS2 on. Once i disable JSRS2 the Gorgon(vanilla name) is no longer listed.

Okay, that might be something you want to report to LJ as well.

Furthermore I added some stuff to the classes of those vehicles. It may not happen now anymore. If so, it's due to JSRS.

(I will not hotfix it - Just to little changes to justify it.)

You know what frustrates me a lot? When going up a little incline and the vehicle is in a high gear and goes very slow. This is horrible. So is it possible to add or improvise a way to manually select gears for the transmissions in vehicles.

No it isn't.

And for your problem, just lift off from the W key.

Edited by RedPhoenix

just a quick question about this awesome mod.. why are you using the medial animation??.. I have noticed this trend... there are a lot of perfactly usable anims but everyone uses the same old tired anim.. even when your giving medical attention to someone else you inject your leg (SHAKES FIST AT BIS)... ... can you break the trend and use, maybe one of the animations that looks like their working on a tire??

either way Thanks for the update!!

--------

edit...

ok so i have been reminded of my trials trying to find animations that work ingame with playmove or playaction... only a few work ... so to answer my question.. its the easiest to use with out a bunch of extra scripting..

Edited by Lordprimate

The animation is not the one fulcrum of this mod.

It can be changed at any time. The first target was to get it functional.

Update:

I have a small update in the pipeline for the MATV. While I wrote the post some above this one, I realised I had the whole time a wrong starting point for the Cat engine used in that MRAP.

So that one will recieve a small update.

Also I am currently evaluating how much effort is needed to create a combatibility patch for JSRS. Will update when I have more information.

Great to see continued progress with this excellent mod. Thank you, RedPhoenix; much appreciated :)

3.0.2 online. As said, just a small update.

Version 3.0.2

- fixed Gorgon baseclass appearing when using Zeus

- new torqueCurve for M-ATV based on maritime rated Caterpillar C7

No JSRS Patch so far, I have some things for RHS to do first, and then I can go back to RV.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.zip

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just tried the refueling function and it's pretty neat.

Am I right in understanding that you can only carry the jerry can if you have a backpack?

Just tried the refueling function and it's pretty neat.

Am I right in understanding that you can only carry the jerry can if you have a backpack?

Yes you are, sorry for answering late.

@ Topic. New vehicle configuration?

Here, have some taste of green power.

Another video. This time a hybrid. Because why not?

Maintenance update is imminent.

Update.

Version 3.1.0

- added Honda e-Civic (full electric)

- added texture for Honda e-Civic

- renamed Iveco Daily into Gaz GAZelle (closer to reality)

- added M-ATV Hybrid

- added texture for M-ATV Hybrid

Fixes:

- fixed class inheritance issues with M-ATV

- added support for each of the colored vehicles in Zeus mode

- small Kart update

- fixed mod.cpp issues

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.zip

Please delete all prior versions of this mod!

2015-02-15_00009phuyr.jpg

2015-02-15_00010ypuq9.jpg

Tell me:

You like the Hybrid/ full electric-Car? Want to see more of those ideas?

Edited by RedPhoenix

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Tell me:

You like the Hybrid/ full electric-Car? Want to see more of those ideas?

Thats a nice idea :D

I dont know if it is possible but can you deactivate the engine sound of the hybrid cars when the car is standing still?

A normal hybrid car would start just with the electric motor to save fuel.

Also it would be nice if you could adjust the top speed to the real world values.

For example the M-ATV ist to fast, and the Strider (Fennek) ist to slow.

Edited by Meiestrix

Thats a nice idea :D

I dont know if it is possible but can you deactivate the engine sound of the hybrid cars when the car is standing still?

A normal hybrid car would start just with the electric motor to save fuel.

Also it would be nice if you could adjust the top speed to the real world values.

For example the M-ATV ist to fast, and the Strider (Fennek) ist to slow.

Nah, that would be too much scripting and stuff....

Regarding the speed:

Explain the problem with the MATV please, for me it's all fine. (around 105kph)