Is V2 worth downloading then? How soon is 3 coming out do you think?

Probably before christmas.

I'm missing only a few vehicles, and have to tweak it until I'm happy.

Allright, update.

Despite that the ATV was quite good at just wizzing around the island, it never served a real purpose.

Until now:

arma3diag2014-11-2523x0cbc.jpg

Toolkits and Jerry Cans are able to be picked-up and used. Ammoboxes are standart boxes.

There are also some more variants ingame. The offroad (Isuzu Dmax) will recieve the vanilla AWD version, but also a RWD only car and, for some fun, a rally version.

The ATV now comes with 450cc or 700cc (the ones in the pic above are 700cc only).

Just some bits of progress.

I also might do some more skins, just for fun. But they will be optional only.

Allright, update.

Despite that the ATV was quite good at just wizzing around the island, it never served a real purpose.

Until now:

http://abload.de/img/arma3diag2014-11-2523x0cbc.jpg

Toolkits and Jerry Cans are able to be picked-up and used. Ammoboxes are standart boxes.

There are also some more variants ingame. The offroad (Isuzu Dmax) will recieve the vanilla AWD version, but also a RWD only car and, for some fun, a rally version.

The ATV now comes with 450cc or 700cc (the ones in the pic above are 700cc only).

Just some bits of progress.

I also might do some more skins, just for fun. But they will be optional only.

So the crate carrying is only for ATVs right now? What I thought is that the helicopter DLC got air logistics, and you started a little part of ground vehicle logistics by letting us carry that stuff around? I'd very much like to see that after V3.

Right now they are applicated via attachTo.

That might change in the future, don't know how much effort I want to put into that system as their are already mods out there covering this.

ha ha that's brilliant.. Love it.. And good use of the ATV for sure.

Have you thought about modifying the Quads from the sample files and make them like a proper 3d model?

Have you thought about modifying the Quads from the sample files and make them like a proper 3d model?

I possibly could, but that's something I might think about in the future.

Allright, update.

Ok I want this today! awesome

kk

That's looking really nice. Will it have any special attributes? or is it just a skin for the box truck.

Also wondering if you've looked into towing capabilities? last i read somewhere in the general section was that vehicles without a driver always have their brakes on which is why it wasn't possible. If you know, has any of that changed?

That's looking really nice. Will it have any special attributes? or is it just a skin for the box truck.

Also wondering if you've looked into towing capabilities? last i read somewhere in the general section was that vehicles without a driver always have their brakes on which is why it wasn't possible. If you know, has any of that changed?

It has the normal repair abilities as every other service truck (drive near it, you'll be repaired).

And yes, I was planning to look into it this weekend. I have an idea how to create a towing script which could work - but I'm not sure yet but want to sit down together with Lappihuan to see if that works.

Okay, some stuff planned for the future: Making the paint actually look like glossy instead of matt!

http://abload.de/img/arma3diag2014-12-10235ocs6.jpg

http://abload.de/img/arma3diag2014-12-1023mxc87.jpg

http://abload.de/img/arma3diag2014-12-1023oyfb7.jpg

(It's heavy WIP! So don't expect it too look like this in the final version)

So, we are only days before christmas, and I already have a present for you:

It's update time!

v3.0 is finished and can be downloaded here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.rar

Changelog:

Version 3.0.0

- added Jerrycan

- With the Jerrycan you can now refuel your vehicles! If there isn't any refuel station nearby, you can siphon fuel from other vehicles and then refuel your own vehicle. Some vehicles, mostly military ones, have a jerrycan in their inventory.

- added different versions of some vehicles!

-> Isuzu Dmax Rally

-> Isuzu Dmax RWD

-> Yamaha Grizzly 450

-> Yamaha Grizzly 700

-> Supply versions of the Grizzly (ATV). They carry ammunition, fuel and repair kits! You can simply grab and use them.

-> Iveco Daily 4x4 (Repair)

New textures for:

-> Iveco Daily 4x4 (Repair)

-> Civilian Fuel Kamaz

- New datasets for nearly every vehicle!

-> Corrected Datasets for:

- ZIL Punisher

- Otokar Arma

- Oshkosh M-ATV

- Fennek

- Pandur

- HEMTT

- Patria AMV

- Kamaz 5350

- Leopard

- Merkava MkIV, Shloef and Merkava MLRS

- Namer, Cheetah, Nemera

- Black Eagle

- Stalker, Blowout

Other fixes

- HEMTT updated from A2 to A4 performance

- fixed bumping suspension on X6 and X6M

- fixed weird gearbox on Civic

- reworked gearbox un Civic Type-R

- tweaked Civic Rally

- renamed ATV into "Yamaha Grizzly 450"

- new engine data for Grizzly 450

- new gearbox data for Grizzly 450 to mimic CVT transmission

- added Grizzly 700

- fixed typo for ZIL Punisher

- fixed typo for Isuzu Dmax (Repair)

- fixed typo for different HEMTT Versions

- updated Merkava MkIV Windbreaker to 120mm!

ps: funny sidenote: Otokar Arma and Pandur 8x8 share the exact engine and gearbox as in real life.

DemoVideo:

I have tested this update in several missions, and it always worked. The only problem is that the AI sometiems cannot reverse in tracked vehicles, but I sadly can't fix that.

Have fun toying around with this update.

As always, any constructive feedback is welcome, especially regarding the fuel consumption.

Edited by RedPhoenix

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Other fixes

- HEMTT updated from A2 to A4 performance

Imma wanting A4 please !

Thanks for the update.

Really liking it so far, changes are great! Makes driving in Arma3 so much more fun.

few things i noticed:

-Quite a few vehicles not Zeus compatible.

-KamAZ typhoon ammo has a typo (amoo)

-Some REALLY funky stuff starts happening when you use JSRS2

Edit: about the Zeus thing. It seems as if a bunch of vehicles don't get listed in Zeus unless you spawn one beforehand in the editor. This is especially noticeable with the civilian KamAZ's. But it effects some other vehicles as well, like the FIA DMAX's. Also the FIA yamaha 450 is invisible and the FIA 700 is listed twice(sometimes in Zeus as well, but sometimes not..) http://i.imgur.com/OXBk0YR.jpg

Edited by Chompster

Really liking it so far, changes are great! Makes driving in Arma3 so much more fun.

few things i noticed:

-Quite a few vehicles not Zeus compatible.

-KamAZ typhoon ammo has a typo (amoo)

-Some REALLY funky stuff starts happening when you use JSRS2

Edit: about the Zeus thing. It seems as if a bunch of vehicles don't get listed in Zeus unless you spawn one beforehand in the editor. This is especially noticeable with the civilian KamAZ's. But it effects some other vehicles as well, like the FIA DMAX's. Also the FIA yamaha 450 is invisible and the FIA 700 is listed twice(sometimes in Zeus as well, but sometimes not..) http://i.imgur.com/OXBk0YR.jpg

Thanks man, can you explain the "funky stuff" with JSRS?

I'll try to figure the rest out tomorrow.

Also have funky stuff happening with SoS Pure.

The Hunter engine sounds or suspension sounds duplicate when accelerating. You end up with a hunter that goes choo choo down the road. :P

Okay, I will disable some stuff and upload a new version. Will test it with JSRS then too see if it's still bugging around.

Allright, here's the small update!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.rar

Version 3.0.1

- fixed invisible Quad

- fixed typo for Kamaz Ammo

- fixed strange class references on Quads

- fixed that some vehicles are not useable in Zeus

- disabled cfgSounds for some vehicles (possible fix for sound problems with JSRS and SoS)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!