Is it able to do burnout, when you press and hold the forward button while the car is stationary?

Is it able to do burnout, when you press and hold the forward button while the car is stationary?

With some cars yes, like the SUV Sport. Press Forward and instantly after that your key for the handbrake.

But if you play MP other clients won't see you tires spinning.

Update 2.1.0

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.rar

Version 2.1.0

- New Key, new mod structure

- revised with new A3_diag tools

cfgSurfaces

Gravel Roads have no much lesser grip, so be aware when driving on them.

This is supposed to keep players from "racing" on those roads. Drive carefully and everything is going to be fine.

Kamaz

- raised ration for 9th gear

ZIL Punisher

- raised grip

Karts

- MOAR POWAR!!!! (more torque, more hp)

- lowered overall grip

- lowered steering sensivity

- Karts now do drift if you want. I also have set the differential that it's just 20% free. So be careful when accelerating in a turn.

Please delete the old version and the old key before installing this version.

Edited by RedPhoenix

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great mod! Is there a way to tune down the rhythmic see-saw action on the Quadbike suspension? It has a very unnatural side to side action. If it was more random or less pronounced it would be nice.

all vehicles seem to have that, I experienced it also on all the wheeled armored vehicles. Quite weird indeed.

When using your mod, the iFrit has no under carriage.. No wheels or chassis, it kinda looks cool and still drives/floats ok? I'm using latest stable.

Could you guys explain what you mean?

Some of the the communities vehicles whether they be ports or custom tend to wobble back and forth side to side. He wanted to know if you could fix that.

Could you guys explain what you mean?
rolling, lateral instability, a oszillating partial rotation around the x-axis with growing amplitude. Like the dampeners aren't working and the vehicle's side shaking (caused by the usual small dents and bumps in the road) is mounting stronger and stronger. Just take a ARMA 6x6 (or "MSE-3 Marid") and drive a long straight road (it does happen with a bunch of other vehicles, too).

here, I made a video (I have no youtube account so you have to download it, but it's just 13 MB small): https://www.sendspace.com/file/5qqk0w

(fyi, that's made with the lastest dev build 125519 of today)

I noticed that it happens more often if you use time lapse, at least on 2x. Or if the FPS are low. So I assume some calculations are skipped then and the dampeners don't work properly anymore. When you return to normal time and/or FPS are better, it stabilises itself again.

I just tried the same test mission with and without addons and it doesn't happen in vanilla Arma, even with time lapse.

Edited by Brainbug

Some of the the communities vehicles whether they be ports or custom tend to wobble back and forth side to side. He wanted to know if you could fix that.

Nope, I can't.

rolling, lateral instability, a oszillating partial rotation around the x-axis with growing amplitude. Like the dampeners aren't working and the vehicle's side shaking (caused by the usual small dents and bumps in the road) is mounting stronger and stronger. Just take a ARMA 6x6 (or "MSE-3 Marid") and drive a long straight road (it does happen with a bunch of other vehicles, too).

here, I made a video (I have no youtube account so you have to download it, but it's just 13 MB small): https://www.sendspace.com/file/5qqk0w

(fyi, that's made with the lastest dev build 125519 of today)

I noticed that it happens more often if you use time lapse, at least on 2x. Or if the FPS are low. So I assume some calculations are skipped then and the dampeners don't work properly anymore. When you return to normal time and/or FPS are better, it stabilises itself again.

I just tried the same test mission with and without addons and it doesn't happen in vanilla Arma, even with time lapse.

Okay, I think I nailed the problem down:

There is a certain point the springDamper values cannot handle the force, and the chassis starts to wobble.

Simple solution: Raise it.

Never used time acceleration so I couldn't check on that.

But I see a problem using time acceleration:

This is normal time:

http://abload.de/img/arma3diag2014-06-3016lbjvq.jpg

This is 4x speed

http://abload.de/img/arma3diag2014-06-3016n6k0g.jpg

From what I think time acceleration also changes the way physics work. So I'm pretty sure I can't do anything against that.

Thanks for the Pointers RedPhoenix - one of our chaps took a look at it and it was easy apparently.

He changed the setting at line 1190

springStrength = 801234; // HAFM default: 201234
               springDamperRate = 80600.6; // HAFM default: 20600.6

It seems to work :)

Thanks for the Pointers RedPhoenix - one of our chaps took a look at it and it was easy apparently.

He changed the setting at line 1190

springStrength = 801234; // HAFM default: 201234
               springDamperRate = 80600.6; // HAFM default: 20600.6

It seems to work :)

The problem hereby is:

You have to understand how the suspension work and what the damper does, and what the spring:

raising springStrength simply hardens the overall suspension, while springDamperRate controls how fast the damper reduces the oscillation of the spring.

For more information see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_(vehicle)#Springs_and_dampers

My guess would not be to raise springStrength as most off-road vehicles have a very soft suspensions to reduce the bumpiness of the chassis when driving off road.

Seems to work ok.. I imagine the Weight of the vehicle is a lot heavier so in reality would need a beefier spring rate.

SJ

The problem hereby is:

You have to understand how the suspension work and what the damper does, and what the spring:

raising springStrength simply hardens the overall suspension, while springDamperRate controls how fast the damper reduces the oscillation of the spring.

For more information see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_(vehicle)#Springs_and_dampers

My guess would not be to raise springStrength as most off-road vehicles have a very soft suspensions to reduce the bumpiness of the chassis when driving off road.

Thanks for the info RedPhoenix. When increasing springDamperRate alone the vehicle would flip over if you made a hard turn. To compensate, I increased springStrength equally which stopped the Jackal from rolling. The vehicle seems to handle pretty well now, both on-road and off-road. It also feels a lot 'meatier' when driving it.

However, apart from having a quick browse on Arma 3 Cars Config Guidelines, I pretty much have very little idea of what I'm doing. The only reason why I chose to raise the springStrength value was because this seemed quite relevant:

In the context of a suspension spring supporting a fixed portion of vehicle mass, the strength of the spring will affect the natural frequency; that is, the rate at which the spring can respond to changes in load distribution. Consider a car taking a corner. As the car corners it leans in to the turn, putting more weight on the suspensions on the outside of the turn. The speed at which the spring reacts by applying forces to redistribute the load is controlled by the natural frequency.

Perhaps you could give some insight on what values we should change instead?

Edited by Goodson

Naturally that question been directed at somebody else but is it possible to have different roll strengths for the front and rear sway bar? It could affect the vehicle steering and stability quite a bit

Also, has any one tested different rebound and dumping for the front and rear axis separately? What I mean is that the dumpers aren't always the same strength for both axis and the heavier part ( engine side ) is usually stiffer IRL

Thanks for the info RedPhoenix. When increasing springDamperRate alone the vehicle would flip over if you made a hard turn. To compensate, I increased springStrength equally which stopped the Jackal from rolling. The vehicle seems to handle pretty well now, both on-road and off-road. It also feels a lot 'meatier' when driving it.

However, apart from having a quick browse on Arma 3 Cars Config Guidelines, I pretty much have very little idea of what I'm doing. The only reason why I chose to raise the springStrength value was because this seemed quite relevant:

I always imaginethe suspension balance of my vehicles as a triangle consisting of spring strength, damper hardness and sway bar stiffness (or antirollbar in the configs) each in an individual corner.

Is the suspension to hard, soften the spring strength. Does it start to roll then when turning, increase the stiffnes of the anti-roll bar, does it start to oscillate, harden the dampers.

You have to find a nice balance between each of the three points. That's why my testing ground includes all of those crates, they are perfect for testing how good the overall suspension eats up all the bumps and ditches.

For you example I would say that you should increase the force of the anti-roll bars (antiRollbarForceCoef), which evens out the suspension and prohibits the vehicle falling over in sharp turns. Fine tuning can be achieved (and I have to do that as well) with antiRollbarForceLimit and the diag_mode.

Naturally that question been directed at somebody else but is it possible to have different roll strengths for the front and rear sway bar? It could affect the vehicle steering and stability quite a bit

Also, has any one tested different rebound and dumping for the front and rear axis separately? What I mean is that the dumpers aren't always the same strength for both axis and the heavier part ( engine side ) is usually stiffer IRL

Never thought of that, thanks. It is possible to change the spring and damper values seperately for each wheel, but the anti-rollbar values are general for the whole suspension system.

I spotted a small but ugly looking bug, the texture for the back of the truck is the wrong one:

yx2jzefp.jpg

In the config in rpa_rve_civ\iveco_refined\ in the class C_Van_01_transport_F, the second texture set in the hiddenSelections[] array must be van_01_adds_co.paa, not *_ext_*. It is however correct in the original config in soft_f_gamma, so I wonder how that bug could slip in.

In general, it is preferable to only write lines in the config that you actually (and purposely) change and therefore also test, but not just copy over stuff from the vanilla config that is unnecessary, because you can either make a copy&paste error that won't be detected because you are not checking these values, or you just keep old bugs from BIS configs that they have meanwhile fixed in patches. Mind that after all you overwrite the class, not replace it, so you only need to overwrite what you change, the rest will stay the same.

In general, it is preferable to only write lines in the config that you actually (and purposely) change and therefore also test, but not just copy over stuff from the vanilla config that is unnecessary, because you can either make a copy&paste error that won't be detected because you are not checking these values, or you just keep old bugs from BIS configs that they have meanwhile fixed in patches. Mind that after all you overwrite the class, not replace it, so you only need to overwrite what you change, the rest will stay the same.

I know, but the Iveco was one of the first vehicles I was working one, didn't know that back than. It has changed, but probably have forgotten that I have some artifacts in the code left.

That might explain the iFrit issue?

Cannot reproduce what you problem is. Are you running the game in dev-Version? Any other mods installed?

If the problem appears again, upload your rpt to pastebin.com

Sorry for late response, yes I did have cba, ragdolle'd and saku chans mod, I should know better :D

Anyway it was actually quite a cool effect, reminded me of Luke SkyWalkers red floating car, I might try and reproduce it on the salt flats and make a movie.