Confirmed, real names.

Yay!

It's patch day!

Version 2.0 is now out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.rar

Changelog:

Version 2.0.0

Civ Side

Offroad:

-slightly edits in the code

-changed frictionVsSlipGraph[]

SUV:

-reverted suspension to vanilla values

-raised braking force

-changed enginePower

-changed peakTorque

-changed latStiffX

SUV (Sport)

-reverted suspension to vanilla values

-raised braking force

-changed latStiffX

- Van

-raised braking force

-changed latStiff

- ATV

-raised braking force

-changed latStiff

- Zamak

-new antiRollbarForceCoef

-lowered maxOmega

-lowered MOI

-lowered maxBrakeTorque

-raised springDamperRate

-raised latStiffX

-new frictionVsSlipGraph[]

BLUFOR

- HEMTT

-lowered MOI

- Merkava

-added BIs Inter-gears for better start and uphill performance

- Merkava +PLUS

-added to the mod (uses config from Merkava IV)

- MATV

-small changes in config classWheels

OPFOR

- Typhoon

-renamed classes

-new torqueCurve

-changed gearbox ratios

- Black Eagle

- Punisher M-ATV

-small changes in config classWheels

Independent

- Fennek

-raised MOI

-raised springDamperRate

-new engine data

-new gearbox data

-new frictionVsSlipGraph

- Pandur 8x8

-new frictionVsSlipGraph

- Leopard

- Warrior

..... and some things I don't remember......

As always: Thanks for using, and send me any constructive feedback.

Alternative version with BIs names will be delayed for some days.

Some handling tips:

- Cars and everything with wheels are designed to be driven with a gamepad! so if you have one, use it.

- Tanks are designed to be driven with keyboard.

- If you drive uphill in any vehicle and the gearbox is not shifting down, lift from the throttle for a second. the gearbox will shift down and you can give throttle again.

Regards

Edited by RedPhoenix

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for your hard work RedPhoenix, can't wait to give it a test.

I see you raised braking force, but it could still be a bit better, especially at low speeds (I've just tested with the BMW and the Iveco, but quite probably it concerns all vehicles). If you drive back and forth with 10 km/h, you often want to stop immediately, but the car goes on for another meter or two, and because of that it maybe crashes into a fence or something. Brakes should grip definitely harder here (i.e. at speeds below 10 km/h or so it should instantly stop, with basically no stopping distance). At higher speeds the brake force is fine.

Also the Isuzu pickup feels a bit sluggish, can't really say why exactly, maybe the acceleration at very low speeds hangs a bit.

Good job on the handbrake, it actually works as intended, I can now do hairpin turns rallye-style ;)

If you drive back and forth with 10 km/h, you often want to stop immediately, but the car goes on for another meter or two, and because of that it maybe crashes into a fence or something. Brakes should grip definitely harder here (i.e. at speeds below 10 km/h or so it should instantly stop, with basically no stopping distance). At higher speeds the brake force is fine.

The problem here is, I have to get the fine middle in between braking at high and low speed.

I don't know how the game engine interpolates the braking force (I guess its simple an plain Nm) but I can't change them for low and high speeds.

If you drive slowly and want to come to a sudden stop, just use the handbrake too :P

Also the Isuzu pickup feels a bit sluggish, can't really say why exactly, maybe the acceleration at very low speeds hangs a bit.

Will drive a bit around to try to get what you mean.

Good job on the handbrake, it actually works as intended, I can now do hairpin turns rallye-style ;)

Thanks! Civic Type-R is the best for doing so :D

more bugs found:

- the Merkava IV 120mm Plus has purportedly a 105 mm gun (and using 105 mm ammo)

- the Warrior in reality should have either the old 30 mm L21A1 RARDEN cannon or is upgraded already to the 40 mm Cased Telescopic Weapon System (CTWS) cannon, and since the BIS model is the same as in the BAF addon from Arma2, this here should be definitely the 40 mm CTWS model (check out the turrets and the barrel, old 30 mm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MCV-80.jpg and new 40 mm: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BAE_Systems_Warrior.JPG). In your addon it's given as "30 mm CTWS", which would be wrong in any case.

- all tanks have a weird behaviour: When you press S for a backward move, it will jerk forward twice before it goes backwards.

- all tanks: steering is wrong when driving backwards, a left turn (A key) will turn the tank to the right and vice versa.

also some weird shit going on with the Warrior: when placed, it is sunk into the ground with the right tracks, and when parked after moving, it will slide to the right until it hits something. But that's probably not due to your addon, looks like a physics bugs.

- Civic Rallye: error message "cannot load texture", so the car is half-transparent

- Isuzu D-Max: to specify it better than I did in my above post: when standing and pressing W for forward move, the wheels will spin for a few seconds without the car actually picking up speed before it eventually gets to drive properly. When pressing S for backwards movement, it is even worse, nothing will happen for a prolonged time (I gave up after half a minute) except wheel spin and exhaust smoke. Steering to either side will help to get moving, but that's not the way it should be.

Edited by Brainbug

I have to check on the tanks later on, yeah. I also have noticed some weird stuff.

Also will test the other stuff.

more bugs found:

- the Merkava IV 120mm Plus has purportedly a 105 mm gun (and using 105 mm ammo)

- the Warrior in reality should have either the old 30 mm L21A1 RARDEN cannon or is upgraded already to the 40 mm Cased Telescopic Weapon System (CTWS) cannon, and since the BIS model is the same as in the BAF addon from Arma2, this here should be definitely the 40 mm CTWS model (check out the turrets and the barrel, old 30 mm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MCV-80.jpg and new 40 mm: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BAE_Systems_Warrior.JPG). In your addon it's given as "30 mm CTWS", which would be wrong in any case.

Some comments to this points:

As names I am using what BI has given these models. I could change that to real ammo, but I'm not 100% if I should. Maybe at a later point, but not quite now.

Edit:

Updated to 2.0.1

Just a small fix with the Offroad, but I commented out my changes for all tracked vehicles.

Edited by RedPhoenix

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated with latest version

I'm voting pro realism, i.e. replacing the 105 with the 120 mm cannon and also the 6.5mm machine gun with the 7.62mm version, and using tracer rounds that make aiming easier (you can snatch the classes from the "T-100"). Sure, it's still not realistic because the Merkava IV is still missing the LAHAT missiles, the second 7.62mm MG (it has THREE MGs!) and the internal 60mm mortar, as well as the Trophy countermeasure system (but since the latter is visible in the model, certainly someone will eventually make an elaborate addon for that). But we can at least try to get as close as possible. I also doubt that a config change like this will cause any balancing issues.

I've also noticed a typo in the Merkava-based howitzer, its correct name is "Sholef", not "Shloef".

And that the Rallye texture doesn't load is just a error in the path, it must be "rpa_refined_vehicles\rpa_rve_civ\civic_refined\textures\hatchback_01_rallye_co.paa". Nice texture btw :)

The Rallye Civic slides too much, especially when accelerating. It is a front wheel drive and shouldn't smear sideways like a 1960ies American muscle car.

Edited by Brainbug

I'm voting pro realism, i.e. replacing the 105 with the 120 mm cannon and also the 6.5mm machine gun with the 7.62mm version, and using tracer rounds that make aiming easier (you can snatch the classes from the "T-100"). Sure, it's still not realistic because the Merkava IV is still missing the LAHAT missiles, the second 7.62mm MG (it has THREE MGs!) and the internal 60mm mortar, as well as the Trophy countermeasure system (but since the latter is visible in the model, certainly someone will eventually make an elaborate addon for that). But we can at least try to get as close as possible. I also doubt that a config change like this will cause any balancing issues.

This would need a bit more coding and thus time. Maybe in the future.

I've also noticed a typo in the Merkava-based howitzer, its correct name is "Sholef", not "Shloef".

Thanks, fixed.

The Rallye Civic slides too much, especially when accelerating. It is a front wheel drive and shouldn't smear sideways like a 1960ies American muscle car.

The car is made for fun, and not for 100% realism. But as soon as Bohemia enters some config values for driving on gravel roads, I don't think there's a problem in doing grippy setup for tarmac and drifty for gravel :P

Hence all that:

Small update:

Version 2.0.2

- fixed texture path for rallye car

- fixed spelling error for Sholef

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/%40RPA_Refined_Vehicles.rar

btw Foxhound: You can delete the known issue and To-Do list from the Armaholic Page :) Thanks!

Hey, where's the "vehicle playground" hiding at? Was hoping to do some comparisons buts it's hard to get consistency and test capabilities.

Hey RedPheonix, would love to see you do some magic with the new DLC Karts:don2:

Gotta see if they drive bad :D

I'm back home Sunday evening, then I'll take a look.

Hello RedPhoenix,

After have tried the Karts DLC, my first impress is how bad the steering/handling is with the BIS models. It's difficult to turn back low on quality after what your mod has initiated :)

Please make something for the Karts !

Thank you ;)

... as soon as Bohemia enters some config values for driving on gravel roads, I don't think there's a problem in doing grippy setup for tarmac and drifty for gravel :P

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2702718&viewfull=1#post2702718

Surface friction has been tweaked for various terrain types

is that what you were waiting for, or not quite but still an improvement maybe?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2702718&viewfull=1#post2702718

is that what you were waiting for, or not quite but still an improvement maybe?

Don't know, if that's config-based, yes, if it's engine-based, than no.

Hello RedPhoenix,

After have tried the Karts DLC, my first impress is how bad the steering/handling is with the BIS models. It's difficult to turn back low on quality after what your mod has initiated :)

Please make something for the Karts !

Thank you ;)

I don't know yet If I will work on the karts since I have to make some small workarounds to get the configs (all files are packed in a hash-encrypted epo format).

config-based

defined in cfgSurfaces

;2703336']defined in cfgSurfaces

Love you, thanks!