lol I can sense the loathsome hatred that comes with editing A3 vehicles...change one value, save, pack to pbo, start A3, wait wait wait, load editor, load mission, wait wait wait, test...everything is messed up, alt-f4, repeat. I wish more than anything that A3 had the old "mergeconfig" command back, in the A2 days you could change or even create new vehicles in-game.

I wish bis would just use the old "tank" class until they had a working "tankx" class :(

Edited by Sakura_Chan

would it be possible to manualy shift? This would make it so much more immersive and fun, if your into it.

An Idea would be something such as a combination of shift + z (downshift) shift + x (gear up)

I realise ingame the vehicles have a transmission, if you could mod in the capability to control it, that would be grouse

No, it's not possible right now.

It would ease things for me, but BI hasn't implemented this feature yet.

Hey, I keep getting this bug whenever I spawn an air vehicle in the editor and with the jets I can't taxi or take off

http://i.imgur.com/SdxgMed.jpg

Could you please upload your rpt here: www.pastebin.com

Them I could check where the problem is.

lol I can sense the loathsome hatred that comes with editing A3 vehicles...change one value, save, pack to pbo, start A3, wait wait wait, load editor, load mission, wait wait wait, test...everything is messed up, alt-f4, repeat. I wish more than anything that A3 had the old "mergeconfig" command back, in the A2 days you could change or even create new vehicles in-game.

I wish bis would just use the old "tank" class until they had a working "tankx" class :(

Yup, that's true.

I have given up yesterday modifying the tank. It's simply impossible to make it good, because whatever you do, the game engine does not realistically simulate it.

I hope that they will take a look on their configs soon. They are plainly terrible from the aspect of coding as well of implementation.

Oh, and one thing which really freaks me out: The gear ration from gearboxes are not simulated very well. They are always off. Mostly 5-10 kph below the real value.

Have checked that, and I am planning to open a feedback tracker with detailed information in a bit.

Okay, could you disable at first any other addon please? It seems that you had AiA and some other addons activated.

Well I think I may have fixed my main problem with the handling! The problem was that tanks couldn't maneuver in towns without 'spinning out' at high speeds. The solution seems to be the frictionVsSlipGraph variable. I tried changing the grip on each wheel, but it didn't help and it caused huge problems with traction. Then it occurred to me : in frictionVsSlipGraph, you can use variables GREATER THAN 1. I used frictionVsSlipGraph[] = {{0, 5}, {0.5, 5}, {1, 5}} for each wheel, and bumped the tankTurnForce up by 150-160%, and the result is a decently maneuverable tank! probably not related, but my mod also pushed the torque curve to come on a lot earlier. I can now follow roads, and I can make 90 degree turns without having it oversteer. Its a pretty simple solution, the tank was loosing grip so I just gave it more grip. I didn't change anything else to do with the wheels. Confirm?

Have to check, currently trying to get the T-100 working (which is VERY difficult....)

probably not related, but my mod also pushed the torque curve to come on a lot earlier.

This is actually pretty realistic... ok i'm not sure if all modern tanks have torque converters, but i know that the Leopard 2 (whatever strange ingame name it has, i always forget it...) has a bridgeable torque converter.That means On low engine rpm, the torque can be increased up to ~2 times by the torque converter. With increased rpm the converter loses efficiency, that's when it gets bridged with a mechanical connection.

The simulation doesnt have this - so increasing torque curve to have torque earlier is basically substituting the torque converter in the simulation.

Brilliant work--look forward to driving it. Is there any sense that these config fixes/adjustments would reduce the amount of time that AI drivers get hung up on walls, rocks, etc. (Obviously it does nothing to the AI, but simply improves the PhysX implementation). Or is that more a property of the Physics P3D LOD? (Maybe this was already discussed but the Search function won't let me use the term "AI").

This is actually pretty realistic... ok i'm not sure if all modern tanks have torque converters, but i know that the Leopard 2 (whatever strange ingame name it has, i always forget it...) has a bridgeable torque converter.That means On low engine rpm, the torque can be increased up to ~2 times by the torque converter. With increased rpm the converter loses efficiency, that's when it gets bridged with a mechanical connection.

The simulation doesnt have this - so increasing torque curve to have torque earlier is basically substituting the torque converter in the simulation.

But this is not really working.

I am trying to get hold of alinear torque curve for the T-100 to simulate a gas turbine, but that brings up tons of problems, the biggest is the gearbox.

Brilliant work--look forward to driving it. Is there any sense that these config fixes/adjustments would reduce the amount of time that AI drivers get hung up on walls, rocks, etc. (Obviously it does nothing to the AI, but simply improves the PhysX implementation). Or is that more a property of the Physics P3D LOD? (Maybe this was already discussed but the Search function won't let me use the term "AI").

Don't know, but I think it wouldn't.

The AI can be tweaked for much better pathfinding, I've done it for every ArmA game. However, you really need to 'tune' it based on the performance of the vehicle, so you can't just adjust the pathfinding and then change the handling of a vehicle. BTW, I found a grip value of 6 to be about right. It really does make a 100% night and day difference. Also, I noticed a severe reduction in stuttering while turning, I guess it was caused by the tank sideslipping. Now that it doesn't slide it is graphically smoother. I'm playing with the turnCoef right now, checking to see if it makes a difference.

*edit*

Tanks don't use turnCoef from what I've seen. 0.15 -> 15 makes no difference

Edited by Sakura_Chan

You're a god Sakura. It actually works quite well!

If you want more accurate steering set latStiffX for all wheels to 1.

I think the config for both the BMW X6's is bugged. Neither can hit speeds of more than 10kph, and the acceleration to that speed is very slow.

New Update!

Thanks to sakura_chan and zGuba I was finally able to finish most of the vehicles. The only one missing is the T-100.

I wasn't able to get it right in the time, but I will continue to try my best.

Before installing this mod please delete all previous files of this mod!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/Refined_Vehicles/Refined_Vehicles.rar

Changelog

v1.1.0

OPFOR:

--->ZIL Punisher M-RAP (Ifrit)

- raised fuelConsumptionRate

- GearboxRatios[] - raised ratio for Reverse Gear

- removed 6th gear

- new torque curve

- raised enginePower

- raised peakTorque

- lowered turnCoef

- lowered terrainCoef

- added engineLosses

- added transmissionLosses

---> T-105E Black Eagle (T-100)

- lowered fuelCapacity

- raised tankTurnForce

- raised engineLosses

- raised Transmission losses

- raised thrustDelay

- raised springStrength

- raised springDampRate

- raised grip in frictionVsSlipGraph[] (thanks to Sakura_Chan for finding this)

- lowered latStiffX

---> Terrex ICV MkII (MSE-3 Marid)

- raised peakTorque

- raised enginePower

-raised springStrength

-raised springDamperRate

- lowered maxBrakeTorque

---> BM-2T Stalker + BM-2S Blowout (BTR-K Kamysh + ZSU-39 Tigris)

- raised peakTorque

- raised enginePower

- raised tankTurnForce

- lowered latStiffX

BLUFOR:

---> Merkava MkIV (M2A Slammer)

- completely new torqueCurve (same as Leopard)

- lowered fuelCapacity

- raised tankTurnForce

- raised engineLosses

- raised thrustDelay

- raised engineBrakeCoef

- lowered latStiffX

---> Merkava MkIV Cheetah + Merkava MkIV ARV Nemmera + Merkava MkIV IFV Namer

(IFV-6c Panther + CRV-6e Bobcat + IFV-6a Cheetah)

- lowered latStiffX

Independent:

---> Leopard 2SG (Kuma)

- completely new torqueCurve (same as Merkava)

- lowered fuelCapacity

- raised tankTurnForce

- raised engineLosses

- raised thrustDelay

- raised engineBrakeCoef

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey can someone help me out. I am trying to play Red Phoenix's single player mission but I dont know how to spawn in vehicles or locate any on the ground. Am I missing something here? Thanks

Hey can someone help me out. I am trying to play Red Phoenix's single player mission but I dont know how to spawn in vehicles or locate any on the ground. Am I missing something here? Thanks

Last I played you walked up to a fuel pump or such and a spawn menu emerged

s3gu.jpg

Am I missing a userconfig? Wasnt included in the Armaholics download.

Sorry, disregard. Was from a different mod! :o

Edited by Modder

Yup, as already said, check the map, there are virtual vehicles spawner on every fuel pump.

I tested BMW and this car has max speed 10 km/h on grass... why is that?

Thanks, it was a wrong number for terrainCoef.

Will upload a small update later this day.

Please fix class inheritance:

Updating base class Helicopter_Base_H->Helicopter_Base_F, by rpa_refined_vehicles\rve_blufor\littlebird_refined\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Light_01_base_F/

Updating base class Helicopter_Base_H->Helicopter_Base_F, by rpa_refined_vehicles\rve_opfor\ka-60_refined\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_Light_02_base_F/

Replace Helicopter_Base_F with Helicopter_Base_H in the 2 configs because that is the correct base class for Heli_Light_01_base_F, Heli_Light_02_base_F

Thanks

Okay, thanks for making me aware of this. Seems like this has changed in some of the recent updates.

Before those base classes did not work.