Sign in to follow this  
Tom3dJay

[WIP] Customized M4/M16 super pack

I'm not concerned about the third-person view animation, just if you can get the first-person switch to look like this at 6 seconds in:

It seems less jarring than how the current OA/A3 implementation of over-and-under does it, while the A3 MRCO uses an two-zoom-levels optic with the same tube but it's just as jarringly instant, hence my interest and curiosity whenever WIP weapon mods for Arma 3 show canted or side-mounted collimators that seem too rearward to be for a UGL.

To be perfectly honest.... I would use these like they are right now! Textures will for sure make these most likely some of the best weapons in the ArmAverse, but even then; the weapons would surely be one of the top modeled weapons and used widely. You sir definitely spare no detail with your work; we need more people like that! Thank you for spending your free time on these, and I hope we'll have some of your work in our virtual hands soon!

I'm not concerned about the third-person view animation, just if you can get the first-person switch to look like this at 6 seconds in:

[/url]

[/url]
It seems less jarring than how the current OA/A3 implementation of over-and-under does it, while the A3 MRCO uses an two-zoom-levels optic with the same tube but it's just as jarringly instant, hence my interest and curiosity whenever WIP weapon mods for Arma 3 show canted or side-mounted collimators that seem too rearward to be for a UGL.

Why would you feel concerned in the first place? Besides, A3 doesn't have independent animation for looking down the sights, so for 3rd person it won't matter. I said it before, rotating the weapons when changing the pov for the secondary scope is impossible, so no, the described transition won't happen. In RV4 engine when you switch from one primary scope to the next, there is no camera transition between the two. And opposed to the video you posted the "eye" moves, not the weapon that aligns to the "eye"

To be perfectly honest.... I would use these like they are right now! Textures will for sure make these most likely some of the best weapons in the ArmAverse, but even then; the weapons would surely be one of the top modeled weapons and used widely. You sir definitely spare no detail with your work; we need more people like that! Thank you for spending your free time on these, and I hope we'll have some of your work in our virtual hands soon!

Thanks man, I'll do my best!

Also, improved the safety area

MTXoSHz.jpg

I'm working closely with Robert Hammer...

I see good things in the future - welcome to the Arma community, Tom!

Wow, they look awesome!

Looking forward to trying these out!

Would there be any chance of an L119A1, in both long and CQB variants? That would be so cool.

Seriously though, looking good so far.

Small preview, detailed renders coming soon

ikMyALH.jpg

Full resolution:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6148/s0tw.png

Also, these are the worst forums I visited in YEARS, I have not yet countered such limitations and all around bullshitery that I have to deal with every time I need to post a god damn image.

Those are some amazing models mate ! Keep up the good work ... can't wait till we get to try those ingame ! ;)

Man, your work is pretty impressive. I'm fairly new to weapon designing and using blueprints, you've inspired me to do this actually :)

fjpI3lG.jpg

Pretty basic materials, and it requires from fixes over here and there.

Gotta check if the suppressor can be fired with 7.62
In the interim, you can use the existing Sound Suppressor (7.62 mm) that's compatible with the BI-made Mk18 ABR (renamed EBR).

Also, these are the worst forums I visited in YEARS, I have not yet countered such limitations and all around bullshitery that I have to deal with every time I need to post a god damn image.

Any posting restrictions like captchas etc are all gone once you have a few more posts. These are just very effective tools to fight spam :) The only limitation regarding pictures you'll encounter is the 100KB limit.

Man, your work is pretty impressive. I'm fairly new to weapon designing and using blueprints, you've inspired me to do this actually :)

http://i.imgur.com/fjpI3lG.jpg

That's always very nice to hear man. You need to start working on those rounded shapes, but overall it looks very nice for being one of your first weapon models.

Any posting restrictions like captchas etc are all gone once you have a few more posts. These are just very effective tools to fight spam :) The only limitation regarding pictures you'll encounter is the 100KB limit.

Roger that, I completely understand that, it does good job fighting off any spam that's for sure. Definitely appreciate your job here.

http://i.imgur.com/fjpI3lG.jpg

If you're going with a L85, why not just use the existing in-game 5.56 x 45 mm magazine models?

I think I'm finished with the DMR version.

I also created my official facebook fanpage, where I'm going to post all ARMA 3 weapons and other weapon/videogame projects I'm working on, make sure to check it out if you like my models, Thanks <3

https://www.facebook.com/Tom3dJayOfficial

fSg9FRx.jpg

So nice :)

For you marksman rifle, could you perhabs make a version with another stock, like Magpul ??

I have a request for another weapon in the M4/M16 series, but this is the canadian C8IUR - http://www.picstopin.com/270/colt-c8-iur-the-new-danish-m10-rifle-casr/http:%7C%7Ccasr*ca%7Cdoc-news-c8iur-rifle*jpg/

i even wanna pay you for it :)

Thanks for suggestion, I'll be setting up a donation link soon.

There's one more stock I'll be making for Squad Support version, all of them are interchangable.

Woah ! :D This looks so good man , cant wait for rest of the weapons.

Cheers !

Oh my god. Please release these. I'm desperate for a good M4/M16 model with proper textures. Your work is amazing.

I hope I'm not being too forward, but I think I'm in love with you.

Like, I'm not saying I want to blow you, but if you asked me to, I probably would.

Edited by Outlawled
I misspelled "too" like an idiot.

Oh my god. Please release these. I'm desperate for a good M4/M16 model with proper textures. Your work is amazing.

I hope I'm not being to forward, but I think I'm in love with you.

Like, I'm not saying I want to blow you, but if you asked me to, I probably would.

Get in line bud