Sign in to follow this  
Tom3dJay

[WIP] Customized M4/M16 super pack

Hi community, let me quickly introduce myself

I'm Tom Jay, professional game artists doing modding in free time.

This is my large personal project which I'll be releasing for various games, mainly Arma 3.

Goal of this project is to create customized M16 platform for every major role in-game.

So far I have planned:

PDW version

Carbine version

Assault Rifle version

Marksman rifle 7.62

Squad support rifle.

*Also, I'm available for freelance*

Edited by Tom3dJay

Hey Tom,

Some enthusiast In my Unit were wondering

Would you make a M4 with your textures?

Would you make a proper HK416, and proper DMR (m110, Remington MSR, Rsass) and a Para/Light variant of the M249 (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/M249_FN_MINIMI_DM-SC-93-05251.jpg)

Would you make a hybrid Halo sight with 3x magnification pop-up scope or a Micro dot with 3x magnification scope.

damn. that's some sexy stuff. i hope you are here to stay. arma needs more good artists. people that can do full models with textures too. if you are going to deliver something in that quality for arma you'll make us all very happy ;)

EDIT: holy balls! just now saw the actual ingame shot! :inlove: nice touch with the blur in the 1st person shot :)

Thanks for some feedback, I wanted to post some renders in this thread, but I didn't get notification of my thread being approved. Oh well, here they go:

E: There is a typo in the name of the thread, It's supposed to be M4/M16

PDW:

VyHbrG9.jpg

IasrbA9.jpg

Carabine:

kO2LwrG.jpg

l6igzFv.jpg

Rifle:

VjRqz05.jpg

mV8VK8T.jpg

SPR: (which is currently in progress)

4WCw5eM.jpg

Edited by Tom3dJay

Looking at your portfolio makes me think to uninstall all my 3D-Modeling software :)

Great work man

Since this is a "custom AR-15" pack, could we get the rifle and maybe even the carbine or SPR versions in 6.5mm (along with the standard 5.56mm rifles, of course)?

Edited by samyG

Hope these weapons come soon, it'll be great to see such stunning work with today's modern weapons.

Good job!

Are you intending to implement the side-mounted "Docter"-type micro red dot sight in the first Rifle image? The attachment "rules" of Arma 3 seem to be dual-sight options except as a single attachment, so you may have to instead include its model and capability with every optic that you intend to be compatible with these weapons.

(As for the bit about "compatible with these weapons"... Alwarren and Varanon have long complained about this, but the TL;DR is that the configuration rules on attachments are essentially "whitelist" -- only the listed attachments in a weapon's config are compatible, all others are not -- instead of what they've called for for months now with no response by the devs, a "rail-based"/"blacklist" type where a weapon's config instead lists its mount type and then is compatible with all attachments with that mount type... for example, a M16/M4-type being compatible with all Picatinny rail optics.)

Ladies and Gentleman, the next big name in Arma modding. Hope you stick around. :)

Thanks guys for the positive feedback!

Few of you were asking for the M249 I got in the portfolio, but I'll have to check the license if I can release it to public.

> Are you intending to implement the side-mounted "Docter"-type micro red dot sight in the first Rifle image?

I'm working closely with Robert Hammer, which all of you guys know, I'll check technical details with him, thanks for heads up.

> could we get the rifle and maybe even the carbine or SPR versions in 6.5mm

SPR version is currently 7.62, carbine is 5.56, but 6.5 length is very close to 5.56, then it's just a matter of weapon config, no changes needed to the model.

> could we get the rifle and maybe even the carbine or SPR versions in 6.5mm

SPR version is currently 7.62, carbine is 5.56, but 6.5 length is very close to 5.56, then it's just a matter of weapon config, no changes needed to the model.

Mhmm, understood. Though, now that I think about it, you would probably have to make a custom mag for it unless you make it so it accepts the Katiba magazines; but then you run with the trouble of only being able to fire green tracers. Also, will you be providing your own sounds for them? I'm sure you could talk to Lord Jarhead for some HQ AR-15 rifle sounds if not.

Mhmm, understood. Though, now that I think about it, you would probably have to make a custom mag for it unless you make it so it accepts the Katiba magazines; but then you run with the trouble of only being able to fire green tracers. Also, will you be providing your own sounds for them? I'm sure you could talk to Lord Jarhead for some HQ AR-15 rifle sounds if not.

Yeah good point, I could make it accept Katiba mags, but I'll make custom one too.

> Are you intending to implement the side-mounted "Docter"-type micro red dot sight in the first Rifle image?

I'm working closely with Robert Hammer, which all of you guys know, I'll check technical details with him, thanks for heads up.

Cool stuff; the reason for my interest is because all of the official dual optics (in both OA and A3) are over-and-under affairs (or two-zoom-levels with the Arma 3 MRCO) despite the real-world fad-or-trend towards canted or side-mounted collimators and iron sights; therefore my interest is in whether or not "side mounted collimator" dual optics are supported by the A3 game engine and how modders would go about implementing that.

@OP: pretty looking models there

Cool stuff; the reason for my interest is because all of the official dual optics (in both OA and A3) are over-and-under affairs (or two-zoom-levels with the Arma 3 MRCO) despite the real-world fad-or-trend towards canted or side-mounted collimators and iron sights; therefore my interest is in whether or not "side mounted collimator" dual optics are supported by the A3 game engine and how modders would go about implementing that.

You can have optics on the side just as well. The only "unsupported" behavior is rotating the weapon to use side mounted iron sight for instanc(http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/dueckdefense.jpg), mainly because it would require a new set of anims, and as we all know, anims are a bit of a tabu business.

Finally the topic it took a while hehe

ye the Docter which you see on GL version is for GL aiming - like arma 3 has , also there might be a 45 degree docter but like Pufu said we cant simulate the weapon rotation but thats not a big issue imho