Sign in to follow this  
sEi

Rearm vehicles with ammotruck not working (SP/MP)

Hi there friendly souls.

As the title says!

I have been testing the latest DEV update.

I go in editor and put down me + any armed vehicle with no ammo + an ammotruck with driver.

PROBLEM: I cannot rearm the vehicle.

Also tried to rearm in a multiplayer online session and others can rearm ok! (so they said)

I park the ammo truck close to the vehicle and i am sitting in the vehicle (also tried sitting in the ammo truck but that's not the way it should work)

Sometimes i get ONLY 63 HE rounds (and some flares if the vehicle is a plane). I get no other ammo. And i can only get the few rounds once. Same thing happens if i use the vehicle ammo crates... I get a few when near and then nothing.

What i have tried to do to fix (with no solution):

1. Verified integrety of game cache
  2. Deleted PLAYERNAME.Arma3Profile
  3. Deleted PLAYERNAME.vars.Arma3Profile
  4. Changed to BETA and back to DEV

This is driving me nuts :mad: and i am very thankfull if anyone can help me out here! Anyone with the same problem?

Thanks in advance

/sEi

Edited by sEi
minor addition

Myke;2491897']Might be that in the configs of the weapons the "cost" is too high or the supply value of the trucks too low. Please add this theory to your bug report.

Theory:

A ammo truck has a certain value of how much vehicle ammo supply it carries. IIRC in ArmA 2 this value was 10'000. Now ammo has a "cost" value which is subtracted from the supply value of the truck. Once this value reaches 0' date=' the truck is considered empty. It looks like the ammo truck is depleted after rearming the flares and 66 rounds of the gun. If possible, try what happens if you rearm with only one missile fired.[/quote']

YOU NAILED IT!!! Thanks man :thumb:

Firing one missile at the time with the ammo truck next to the vehicle DID rearm the missile, BUT stopped after 3 missiles. So [FRL]Myke i think your theory is proven!

What to do next?

So i just wonder:

Can anyone rearm an empty eg. plane fully by using a (default) ammo truck or a (default) vehicle ammo crate?

If so (or not) please comment.

Cheers

/sEi

Edited by sEi

From my testing the truck has enough inventory to rearm 120 flares and 63 cannon rounds only. Definitely not adequate! I would want at least one full restock from a single truck.

Added to feedback tracker: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14090

Edited by thx1137

From my testing the truck has enough inventory to rearm 120 flares and 63 cannon rounds only. Definitely not adequate! I would want at least one full restock from a single truck.

Added to feedback tracker: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14090

Nice, thanks thx1137

How do you re-arm an ammunition truck then? (Without scripting).

Good question!

/sEi

Anyone know the answer to this? Not tested it in the editor or anything though so please ignore my ignorance.

Ok, so it's not that I don't know how to use ammo trucks, it's that they can't refill a vehicle...

I think a single truck should be more than able to refill a whole vehicle, with the exception of IFV and tanks. MRAPs, APCs, helicopters, should be able to be fully rearmed in an ammo truck (I mean, one or two of them per truck). I don't know about planes, as I haven't fully tested them and I don't know the amount of missiles and rockets they have.

Anyone know the answer to this? Not tested it in the editor or anything though so please ignore my ignorance.

You can't. You need to add code to the trucks init. this addmagazineCargo ["ammo classname", amount];

Now you need to find all the right class names for the ammo first... I tried to add ammo for the buzzard cas with the class names in the found in the config, but got a 'not found' as error in return.

Perhaps the truck just can only carry a small amount of ammo and you can not add more.

I rather just have proper working ammo trucks like in ArmA2.

I tried to rearm a plane with several trucks. 4 trucks filled nearly all but when the bombs where next, a truck couldn't even give one bomb.

So maybe go vote this one up so we can rearm our editor missions. (i'm not so much into scripting but love to play in the sandbox)

VOTE: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14090

/sEi

Hmm I tried to add custom ammo myself to the truck and they are placed in the crate on the side of the truck, not the truck itself. The truck really really starting to piss me off. If there was somekind of 'service point' module then we would not need trucks to rearm planes in the first place.

Only option i found is make a trigger make it repeatly, put on act: Nameofthetruck setammocargo 1; .. so evry time nameofthetruck drivers over the trigger, its ammo is full again, so you can rearm others.

But yes, they go very quick empty.

Only option i found is make a trigger make it repeatly, put on act: Nameofthetruck setammocargo 1; .. so evry time nameofthetruck drivers over the trigger, its ammo is full again, so you can rearm others.

But yes, they go very quick empty.

Thnx for that. But it doesn't solve that a full ammo truck cannot supply a plane with even one bomb. hmmm - but nice little code.

/sEi

Still no fix to this? What are you thinking BIS? This severely cripples all vehicles which already has an low ammo capacity to begin with.

For example the Marshall APC has a total of 100 rounds 40mm. The Swedish CV9040 which uses the same cannon has 250 rounds per magazine and spare magazines onboard. In previous games from operation flashpoint vehicles had spare vehicle ammo onboard, now nothing. Why? Who honestly thinks this is a good idea? :mad:

Dont come and tell me that scripts will solve this, it is absolutely ridiculus to have to rely on custom scripts to be able to rearm vehicles.

Using current dev build 1.07.113095, if any vehicle with zero ammo is placed in editor along with an ammo truck, the empty vehicle cannot rearm at the truck no matter what, even if a support waypoint is placed for the truck. The commander does not note that he is low on ammo. A2 CO has the same behavior, so I guess this is intended. Not sure why.....

If a vehicle is placed with just a little bit of ammo, the commander does say that he is low on ammo, and the vehicle can rearm at the truck. After the vehicle rearms, the driver (or whoever you ordered to rearm the vehicle) says, "Can not comply." This doesn't seem right either. After rearming, he should say, "Roger," or something. I guess he says he can't comply when the there is not enough ammo in the truck to completely rearm the vehicle?

Edited by OMAC

I ended up creating static scripted service points in my missions, cos it does not seem it will be fixed anytime soon.... while it is a pretty important bug/issue.

Using current dev build 1.07.113095, if any vehicle with zero ammo is placed in editor along with an ammo truck, the empty vehicle cannot rearm at the truck no matter what, even if a support waypoint is placed for the truck. The commander does not note that he is low on ammo. A2 CO has the same behavior, so I guess this is intended. Not sure why.....

If a vehicle is placed with just a little bit of ammo, the commander does say that he is low on ammo, and the vehicle can rearm at the truck. After the vehicle rearms, the driver (or whoever you ordered to rearm the vehicle) says, "Can not comply." This doesn't seem right either. After rearming, he should say, "Roger," or something. I guess he says he can't comply when the there is not enough ammo in the truck to completely rearm the vehicle?

thanks for reports guys, this is a bug and will be fixed

You're welcome. :) Please pass any applicable fixes to the Arma 2 OA crew for inclusion in the (hopefully) upcoming 1.63 patch.

thanks for reports guys, this is a bug and will be fixed

Not fixed yet in 1.10 update yesterday. This is really annoying.