jVuvgEw.jpg

Made by: Defk0n_NL.

This will be my first addon made for ArmA.

It sharpens and removes the stiffness in the default aiming and aiming deadzone setting. also has a neat side effect. Its basically 1:1 Sensitivty

The effects are subtle but game changing and i would like to encourage anyone to try it out.

Features

• 1:1 Sensitivity
  • Improved Deadzone Aiming
  • Removes Input Lag
  • Looking over your shoulder, Looking in Car, Aiming with Weapon, Commanding Mode are all the same sensitivity.

Required addons

None

How does this work?

In ArmA, looking around is basically what steers the "render" engine, so to speak. Say for example if you fly a plane in one direction but look right. The engine keeps track of where you aim at even though your view(render) is looking somewhere else. The Aiming is a separate calculation. In similar first person shooters there is no look left or right so the controls feel more responsive because the aiming part is not a separate calculation. The controls are tied directly to the engine.

Note: That i have no explicit knowledge of the ArmA engine underneath. Dwarden asked me for a explanation and after thinking about it, i feel this is the most probable explanation to why the latency decreases etc. Its inferred by how most games work.

e47kKDd.jpg

What this Addon does is tie the lookAround command to the actual aiming part.

So instead of this:

Z0QNvm6.jpg

you get this:

2tK9w7I.jpg

Changelog

01/12/13: v0.4 reimplements command that was removed in 0.1, less drag/lag, more smooth

v0.3: Increases recoil, added server key.

v0.2: Bug fixes

Download

v0.2: https://mega.co.nz/#!JoRHGTZJ!Wxwl0SgjyYXaL-N6pEKbL2mY6n9mjirN-CNX5-3QNrQ

v0.3: Server Key Included https://mega.co.nz/#!slAi3DZY!VH8M5SfPtwD9kz9yRKb2CQAAF_Zb_yNlxBgKk2ETL0c

v0.4: Server Key Included https://mega.co.nz/#!d8hl3LJD!HklQ5yNz-OhS_yxwuuw2riKg26VPnNkJMGEZ988VC2k

[MIRROR]

0.2 http://www.filedropper.com/a3freeaimfix02

0.3 http://www.filedropper.com/a3freeaimfix03

The old feedback tracker: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2294

Edited by defk0n_NL
link updates, Feature updates

This sounds promising!

I am still eagerly waiting for an official fix for the aiming dead-zone.

What ruins it for me is how slowly the character turns after you hit the 'edge' of the aim-movement-zone.

Are you telling me you fixed that? :D

This sounds promising!

I am still eagerly waiting for an official fix for the aiming dead-zone.

What ruins it for me is how slowly the character turns after you hit the 'edge' of the aim-movement-zone.

Are you telling me you fixed that? :D

yes, Try it out.

Its even better without aiming deadzone. Its like Counter Strike almost 1:1 and super smooth

Edited by defk0n_NL

Thank you!

Tried it right away. Worked much like I though it would, and it was an improvement!

Better than default sensitivity for me atleast.

Works the best for me at 60% aiming deadzone.

That way the weapon you're holding wont be able to aim left and right more than the limit is after you transition from jog to combat jog with your rifle raised.

There was an error launching the game with the mod turned on.

One of the addon files required an addon called "bin_bin".

Edited by AlexVestin

Thank you!

Tried it right away. Worked much like I though it would, and it was an improvement!

Better than default sensitivity for me atleast.

There was an error launching the game with the mod turned on.

One of the addon files required a addon called "bin_bin".

orly, i dont get that error. Are you on dev build or normal?

bin_bin is the dta/bin.pbo or so i believe. This is my first addon so i could be wrong. Can anyone clarify?

orly, i dont get that error. Are you on dev build or normal?

bin_bin is the dta/bin.pbo or so i believe. This is my first addon so i could be wrong. Can anyone clarify?

I am indeed on the DEV. If that helps.

This is the error when launching A3 dev build:

1uis.png

Edited by AlexVestin

EDIT: Just saw the hint.

Cool mod, eager to try it out!

A dynamic aiming zone based on movement and stance would be perfect. Prone would have the largest, crouch and standing still would be larger as well, but if you are walking forward the aiming zone shrinks so it's easier to turn and combat pace would have a much smaller aiming zone so you can turn quickly for CQB and such.

Thanks for this addon Defkon! It brings back Infiltration memories back (though I still fire it up from time to time, but freeaim in A3 is really almost like INF) ;D

A dynamic aiming zone based on movement and stance would be perfect. Prone would have the largest, crouch and standing still would be larger as well, but if you are walking forward the aiming zone shrinks so it's easier to turn and combat pace would have a much smaller aiming zone so you can turn quickly for CQB and such.

Prone should have the smallest, it's pretty difficult to aim around much while prone without adjusting your body. It should be the opposite, more to restrict you the lower you get. When you're standing up straight, you have over 90 degrees of freedom, far far far less when prone. I do like the idea of limiting it based on things like speed, although I think it should be relatively unchanged for just walking. Tactical pace would be a bit more restricted. Maybe the change would be significantly more pronounced if you were crouching when moving.

Prone should have the smallest, it's pretty difficult to aim around much while prone without adjusting your body. It should be the opposite, more to restrict you the lower you get. When you're standing up straight, you have over 90 degrees of freedom, far far far less when prone. I do like the idea of limiting it based on things like speed, although I think it should be relatively unchanged for just walking. Tactical pace would be a bit more restricted. Maybe the change would be significantly more pronounced if you were crouching when moving.

I can aim well past 90deg to my left lying prone (right handed) and around 45deg to my right. My upper torso moves, but my legs stay still. Nothing worse than watching the prone pinwheel as people spin and aim in this game.

Edited by DayGlow

Guys please keep this thread clear of general discussions.

I can aim well past 90deg to my left lying prone (right handed) and around 45deg to my right. My upper torso moves, but my legs stay still. Nothing worse than watching the prone pinwheel as people spin and aim in this game.

Are you specifically referring to the addon or the game in general? Tried to recreate what you said with the addon enabled.

I think i know what you mean, If you move the mouse really slow then it the character would just lay still and spin around. I think this might be regardless of aiming types.

BIS should not try to add realism at the cost of control.

The way it was before was that you get weapon sway and negative acceleration. It basically kills immersion because you dont feel you are operating the gun.

Even the most little interference with controls can really throw immersion out of the window.

For example:

If you rebind the control View>LookCenter to MouseRight,MouseLeft,MouseUp,Mousedown while having the addon enabled it would feel pleasantly different.

But when you try to actually aim with it, It would throw you off because it has different sensitivity inside the deadzone and out of it.

I wish BIS could take Counter Strike as a example. They have good control but the guns are well balanced with each having a specific recoil pattern.

I hope BIS can reproduce something of that nature.

Edited by defk0n_NL

Arma in general. With a low free aim the whole body spins on the ground like a pinwheel. A high free aim just the torso moves which is much more life like. I'd love to have a high free aim when prone, but a low one when moving which woud be more natural for moving and shooting, thus my suggestion/wishful thinking. Sorry for the confusion, I'll add a quote to the person I was replying to.

"Enter Decription key"

Uhh, am i missing something here?

Slipped up while signing addon. Updated link.

Sorry Defkon still cannot download as it's asking for Decription Key.

idk why but it doesn't let me remove that annoying decryption key.

anyway paste this.

Wxwl0SgjyYXaL-N6pEKbL2mY6n9mjirN-CNX5-3QNrQ

sry for the trouble.

Edited by defk0n_NL

trackin this for further interest ;)

trackin this for further interest ;)
any chance you could upload the .Bikey for server admins?

Currently there's only the .bisigns.

I haven't seen it myself in a dev patch update, but I believe it's officially pathed now.