Sign in to follow this  
krizz kaliko

How to drop GBU with no laser guidence

I was just wondering if anyone had tips or tricks on droping gbus with no laser guidence. I have it down for the most part i still need some work though. Any comments would be appreciated.

Well either you need to approximate the impact area depending on your speed + height + target distance which is easy if you fly low even at high speed (I can hit car with every 2nd bomb directly flying under 400m and top speed in jet) but it gets a lot tricky at high altitute.

If you want to bomb unguided from high altitude and do not have B 52 bomber then all you can do is drop blind bombs or perform dive as shown in image from Kylania. With dive the bomb keeps it speed and descending angle more or less so it is not so hard ho hit with accuracy of 25-50 m2 when flying from cockpit.

It is possible to get a pylon and ranging bar to appear on the hud for dropping the bomb without designating it. I first saw it appear very briefly when I was trying to bomb some tanks, but I could not get it to appear again. I've posted a video of it appearing here:

It seems to be when the smaller reticle is inside a target square for a certain amount of time.

It would be good to know how to get it to appear not just by chance.

It is possible to get a pylon and ranging bar to appear on the hud for dropping the bomb without designating it. I first saw it appear very briefly when I was trying to bomb some tanks, but I could not get it to appear again. I've posted a video of it appearing here:

It seems to be when the smaller reticle is inside a target square for a certain amount of time.

It would be good to know how to get it to appear not just by chance.

I hate to tell you this man but that "ranging bar" is the glide path indicator for landing your plane...

you need to get pretty low. not low enough to blow yourself up obviously but I'd say about 150 meters off the ground. If you do want to use the reticule on the hud (It's sort of useless for unguided, but not entirely), use the line from the circle up to make sure you're flying straight, and then aim above the target. For a starting reference point, put the bottom of the circle just above your target. From there on it's mainly about getting a feel for the airplane, trial and error, and practice. Set up a quick mission where you start flying in a buzzard, and have some stationary Zamaks or something around 500 meters ahead. Just practice again and again, from different angles, at different speeds, etc. and you'll be a great bomber.

I hate to tell you this man but that "ranging bar" is the glide path indicator for landing your plane...

You are true.

But in the beta i saw the bombing reticule (the huge circle bellow a bar), it was displayed only when bomb were selected (like in real) but unfortunatly it was TOTALY unaccurate.

Read my manual bombing guide for safe and accurate manual bombing.

I'm gonna have a look at your guide Neptune, but I seen somebody with a mod on youtube for just this sort of thing. Unfortunately, This persons video doesn't explain how this was done. I actually came in here looking for it, and you guys are talking like you're unaware of it. If I'm wrong I apologize, and if you do know of it could anyone enlighten me?

the vid was called: Arma 3 Bombing Tutorial

Everyone go with kylania's tip. It helps out a lot especially since your diving down fast. You can avoid being shot the most by AA

Okay, that's the easy way out, but the situation does not always allow a straight dive like is pictured there, and in a video game like arma (where the scale is so small), diving does not significantly inhibit AAA fire, it's worth the time to just practice in level flight bombing.