Sign in to follow this  
mbbird

Reality Check

Again that doesn't tell me if the vehicle A is going to be replaced with vehicle B. It merely says that vehicle B or C might join Faction X's inventory. That's why I'm saying its vague, it doesn't specifically tell you that some assets are placeholders. Because currently thats the problem, turrets being repeated, boats, drones, etc. I mean you just have to check the OP.

Now if you tell me that the F-35 (or any other aircraft for that matter) is going to be added in the future to NATO for example, then yes I already knew and I already read that blog post.

Definitely agree with the OP. This kills the whole Quality over Quantity mantra for me because Quality isn't just how pretty the model is but also the aesthetics behind it. The vehicles and even the weapons systems really lack any individuality and every time you see one it just drives it home. There are definitely some great improvements in ArmA 3, but this is just a very low point for it.

Again that doesn't tell me if the vehicle A is going to be replaced with vehicle B. It merely says that vehicle B or C might join Faction X's inventory. That's why I'm saying its vague, it doesn't specifically tell you that some assets are placeholders. Because currently thats the problem, turrets being repeated, boats, drones, etc. I mean you just have to check the OP.

Now if you tell me that the F-35 (or any other aircraft for that matter) is going to be added in the future to NATO for example, then yes I already knew and I already read that blog post.

They draw direct comparisons with content packs they've released for free in the past for OFP and the ARMA games. They have also acknowledged that it was far more apparent this time around that they need to flesh out their content, I don't know how much more clearer they can be.

If you want them to outright promise you stuff then you're dreaming, they are a business and that's not how they operate. What if something cataclysmic happens and they can't deliver on those promises? This is how most companies operate.

Edited by Phlux1

But the truth is that in the this series previous games that I did play, Operation Flashpoint and ARMA2, this just didn't happen. Remember the AA vehicles? Tunguska and Avenger, completly different. Or the heavy machine guns, the KORD and the M2. Or the armored vehicle sights for that matter! It really added flavour to each faction and made play them unique.

Though I'm agree that they need to rethink content ( and add them for free ). I also remember that some vehicles of OFP came months after the release: HUMMVE, AH64, CH47 and OH-58.

@OP: Sad but true. What kills me the most is the re-used turrets and the stactic weapons.

Glad we are not limited to this, either by mods or post-release oficial content, and if this is an indication of the overall quality of future assets made by BI, good!

No I don't want them...get that in your head.

So you don't want them to promise you new content and clarify their position? But you were complaining that they were being vague...

That's why I'm saying its vague, it doesn't specifically tell you that some assets are placeholders.

You are confusing me now, what exactly is it that you want them to do?

Edited by Phlux1

Though I'm agree that they need to rethink content ( and add them for free ). I also remember that some vehicles of OFP came months after the release: HUMMVE, AH64, CH47 and OH-58.

I did not miss them until they appeared. There was already a car, an attack helicopter and a transport helicopter. Those were just more toys for us to play with. The situation with ARMA3 has no precedent.

---------- Post added at 03:08 ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 ----------

So you don't want them to promise you new content and clarify their position?

You are confusing me now, what exactly is it that you want them to do?

Tell me where I specifically asked them not to be vague. I merely stated it.

So you're just whinging, you don't want them to make a firm statement on the addition of new content at all? Why are you even here?

So you're just whinging, you don't want them to make a firm statement on the addition of new content at all? Why are you even here?

And why don't you just shut up? What did you do for this community? Tell me your contributions, your feedback, your FT tickets, your missions, your mods!!! Tell me!!!

Anyway, because I don't like infractions I'll resort to the final tool. The ignore list. :cool: Have an happy life.

And why don't you just shut up? What did you do for this community? Tell me your contributions, your feedback, your FT tickets, your missions, your mods!!! Tell me!!!

Anyway, because I don't like infractions I'll resort to the final tool. The ignore list. :cool: Have an happy life.

Yeah lets not use the forums for discussion or anything...

Calm down, I think we are all more or less agree.

I still think (sorry if I repeat myself) that meanwhile BI are solving issues and working in full new A3 vehicles, they should add some fast patch with some A2 vehicles fully supported (AiA has lots of issues), maybe adding to them the new weapons ( the missiles and so on ).

working in full new A3 vehicles

Hopefully more than that (vehicle turrets and static defenses for example).

Calm down, I think we are all more or less agree.

I still think (sorry if I repeat myself) that meanwhile BI are solving issues and working in full new A3 vehicles, they should add some fast patch with some A2 vehicles fully supported (AiA has lots of issues), maybe adding to them the new weapons ( the missiles and so on ).

ARMA 2 vehicles don't match the setting and don't meet the level of quality of other A3 assets, they are better off spending time on entirely new assets that match the setting. We don't know what they've been working on or what they've got in store, so everyone would be best to cool their jets and wait, it is all we can do. They have stated that they are aware of the lack of vehicles and other assets and working to fix it post release.

I'm repeating myself now, it's lunch time and this isn't how I want to spend my day off.

Ahh yeah, forgot about the ignore tool. Thanx for reminding me. Irritating, isn't he?

Yeah, OP hit the nail on the head. I didn't even realize that they really ARE all the same. Just different paint jobs.

Its just inexcusable. I guess we were fools to buy alphas and beta's. Its seems to be the new trend to ensure that companies make money. If they can get a lot of suckers with false promises before the final product, then why should they care what they release as final? Crysis 3 comes to mind.

I knew BIS was bad in the past, but this is extreme. I wonder if this is the end of Arma. Like Crytek, it looks like they're bailing. As you can see on Crytek's forums, this is exactly what they did. Now after a few lame patches, they've quietly left out the back door.

Very, very disappointed.

This kills the whole Quality over Quantity

Yeah the whole Quality over Quantity thing was a pile of bullshit...

I thought the one MG and GL on all the vehicles was just a placeholder, not that they were actually staying like that.

I know, right?

I thought, "well, there will be a lot more on the final release".

Guess not.

Although the pictures "speaks for themselves" we all have to take into consideration that -almost- EVERY asset

existing in ArmA 3..we are not so familiar with.

Yes..you can recognize a M1A1 only from it's shadow (so to speak) because you ARE familiar with that "shape".

When some time passes (it's irrelevant what are BI's plans regarding new or/and tweak existing content) ..we will get use

to those-new-shapes..and the things will be better.

Of course i don't have reasons to defend BI..on the contrary.

This content doesn't concerns me-i bought ArmA 3 for new features (or rather TOO LONG-"begged"-by-community features that never came

until this day).

Me and my team will use "today's" modded-equipment.

Agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

Extremely disappointed in everything delivered so far in Arma 3 other than Altis and the $33 price tag at initial Alpha release.

If I was new to the series and paid $60 for this "game" I would probably think it was the worst game I ever purchased. And I bought Automobili Lamborghini for N64.

Jesus fucking Christ, another one of those? Are this , this or this not enough? It's never enough for you people, isn't it? Every disappointed person should make a thread about his disappointment, right? Forum will get much much better because of this, right?

Jesus fucking Christ, another one of those? Are this , this or this not enough? It's never enough for you people, isn't it? Every disappointed person should make a thread about his disappointment, right? Forum will get much much better because of this, right?

This thread has purdy pictars.

Oh, were just getting started.

I guess if they sold us Altis alone we should be happy then. Exploring the island, splendid camera style. :cool:

I guess if they sold us Altis alone we should be happy then. Exploring the island, splendid camera style. :cool:

Honestly would be worth it. The island is beautiful, I've spent at least 10 hours driving around... flying around...