Beerkan

Simple ParaDrop Script

Hi, i using A TEAM HALO jump script in a flag pole.

this addAction["<t color=#ff9900'>HALO jump</t>", "ATM_airdrop\atm_airdrop.sqf]

I wont only pl1 and pl2 to activat it wean thay are close to the flag pole, not all players on the map, can somone help whit this.

Is this script still suppoortet?

got the same isssue as #43

Is this script still suppoortet?

got the same isssue as #43

Yes folks, still being supported. Sorry I've been away for a while.

I've updated the script to take account of changes in latest  Arma 3.

It's taken me a few days to figure out how to solve this, so all units can have a parachute when they exit the chopper. And the only way is to issue the unit with a backpack BEFORE ejecting the unit.

In order then to restore the Unit's back pack after landing I've had to invoke the BIS_fnc_saveInventory and BIS_fnc_loadInventory functions.

So much for "Simple ParaDrop Script".

Anyway, consider this a "Slightly more complicated ParaDrop Script"

This is the latest update, not quite ready for release so consider it still in testing. See script in a  few posts below.

• Like 1

Is it possible to use this without a vehicle?

Like when the mission starts you start up in the air?

Hello, currently using the script to deploy 30 Ai (Players when in MP) from a C130 with a chute opening height of 285. My aim is to create a static line jump, however my parachutes will only deploy when the last man gets to 285. This means that the first man is already on the floor before his chute decides to open. Any fixes? thanks.

Hello, currently using the script to deploy 30 Ai (Players when in MP) from a C130 with a chute opening height of 285. My aim is to create a static line jump, however my parachutes will only deploy when the last man gets to 285. This means that the first man is already on the floor before his chute decides to open. Any fixes? thanks.

I'll have something up shortly that should sort this for you.. :)

Bear with me...

OK, Spectre3, try the following script;-

Script will store your loadout, then add Parachute backpack BEFORE you exit Transporter. As the AI now have a parachute, they will open them by themselves. However, it you're a player, Parachute will auto-open at _chuteheight

Let me know how you get on, and if all is good, I'll pack up a proof of concept mission.

eject.sqf

/*
    Filename: Simple ParaDrop Script v0.96 eject.sqf
    Author: Beerkan

Description:
     A Simple Paradrop Script

Parameter(s):
    0: VEHICLE  - vehicle that will be doing the paradrop (object)
    1: ALTITUDE - (optional) the altitude where the group will open their parachute (number)

Example:
   0 = [vehicle, altitude] execVM "eject.sqf"
*/  

if (!isServer) exitWith {};
private ["_paras","_chopper","_chuteHeight","_dir"];
_chopper = _this select 0;
_chuteheight = if ( count _this > 1 ) then { _this select 1 } else { 100 };
_chopper allowDamage false;
_paras = assignedcargo _chopper;
_dir = direction _chopper;    

paraLandSafe =
{
    private ["_unit"];
    _unit = _this select 0;
    _chuteheight = _this select 1;
    (vehicle _unit) allowDamage false;
    if (isPlayer _unit) then {[_unit,_chuteheight] spawn OpenPlayerchute};
    waitUntil { isTouchingGround _unit || (position _unit select 2) < 1 };
    _unit action ["eject", vehicle _unit];
    sleep 1;
    _inv = name _unit;
    [_unit, [missionNamespace, format["%1%2", "Inventory",_inv]]] call BIS_fnc_loadInventory;// Reload Loadout.
    _unit allowdamage true;// Now you can take damage.
};

OpenPlayerChute =
{
    private ["_paraPlayer"];
    _paraPlayer = _this select 0;
    waitUntil {(position _paraPlayer select 2) < _chuteheight};
    _paraPlayer action ["openParachute", _paraPlayer];
};

{
    _inv = name _x;
    [_x, [missionNamespace, format["%1%2", "Inventory",_inv]]] call BIS_fnc_saveInventory;// Save Loadout
    removeBackpack _x;
    _x disableCollisionWith _chopper;// Sometimes units take damage when being ejected.
    _x allowdamage false;// Trying to prevent damage.
    _x addBackPack "B_parachute";
    unassignvehicle _x;
    moveout _x;
    _x setDir (_dir + 90);// Exit the chopper at right angles.
    sleep 0.3;
} forEach _paras;

_chopper allowDamage true;

{
    [_x,_chuteheight] spawn paraLandSafe;
} forEach _paras;

Is it possible to use this without a vehicle?

Like when the mission starts you start up in the air?

Add this to your init.sqf

This also works with AI and also if you are in a helo and choose to eject.

init.sqf

// Auto Parachute on mission start
// Proof of concept  script.
// by Beerkan
// version Beta 0.2

AutoParachute =
{
    private ['_paraPlayer','_chute'];
        while {true} do
            {if ( (getPosATL _paraPlayer select 2 > 100) && (vehicle _paraPlayer IsEqualto _paraPlayer) && (alive _paraPlayer)) then
                  {
                  waitUntil {(position _paraPlayer select 2) <= 200};// 200 is the height to open chute.
                  [_paraPlayer] spawn Bis_Fnc_Halo;
                  };

};

sleep 2;

};

{if (_x IsKindof 'Man')
    then{ [_x] spawn AutoParachute };
        } foreach allunits;

Then in the editor put this in the group leaders init. 1000 is the height to spawn at.

{_x setPos [getPos _x select 0, getPos _x select 1,1000]}foreach units group this;

OK time to release a long overdue update for Beerkan's Simple ParaDrop script.

Download the latest proof of concept mission file here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z5eor6fob65tcox/Beerkan_Simple_ParaDrop.Stratis.zip

And let me know how you get on...

As a bonus, I've included my latest F.A.R.P. (Forward Arming and Repair Point) update.

Please feel free to use this in your missions.

Just remember to credit me if you use any of my scripts or assets in any mission file you share with friends or publish.

rgds

Beer.

Add this to your init.sqf

This also works with AI and also if you are in a helo and choose to eject.

init.sqf

// Auto Parachute on mission start
// Proof of concept  script.
// by Beerkan
// version Beta 0.2

AutoParachute =
{
        while {true} do
            {if ( (getPosATL _paraPlayer select 2 > 100) && (vehicle _paraPlayer IsEqualto _paraPlayer) && (alive _paraPlayer)) then
                  {
                  waitUntil {(position _paraPlayer select 2) <= 200};// 200 is the height to open chute.
                  [_paraPlayer] spawn Bis_Fnc_Halo;
                  };
            };
};

{if (_x IsKindof 'Man')
    then{ [_x] spawn AutoParachute };
        } foreach allunits;

Then in the editor put this in the group leaders init. 1000 is the height to spawn at.

{_x setPos [getPos _x select 0, getPos _x select 1,1000]}foreach units group this;

Cool.

Sadly it doesnt work.

When I reach 200 meter the screen goes dark and ALOT of parachutes spawn around the unit.

Cool.

Sadly it doesnt work.

When I reach 200 meter the screen goes dark and ALOT of parachutes spawn around the unit.

Either post here, or send me your mission.sqm, any scripts, your init.sqf and descritpion.ext files and I'll have a look.

Also let me know if you're on Dev Branch?

Can you also try this earlier version.

Add to init.sqf

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//Auto ParaChute Proof of concept                             
//by Beerkan
//version Beta 0.1
// Addd the following to your init.sqf

AutoParachute =
{
        while {true} do
                {
                _chute = createVehicle ["Steerable_Parachute_F", position _paraPlayer, [], ((_dir)- 5 + (random 10)), 'FLY'];
                _chute setPos (getPos _paraPlayer);
                _paraPlayer moveInDriver _chute;                  
                };
            sleep 2;
            };
};

Either post here, or send me your mission.sqm, any scripts, your init.sqf and descritpion.ext files and I'll have a look.

Also let me know if you're on Dev Branch?

Can you also try this earlier version.

Add to init.sqf

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//Auto ParaChute Proof of concept                             
//by Beerkan
//version Beta 0.1
// Addd the following to your init.sqf

AutoParachute =
{
        while {true} do
                {
                _chute = createVehicle ["Steerable_Parachute_F", position _paraPlayer, [], ((_dir)- 5 + (random 10)), 'FLY'];
                _chute setPos (getPos _paraPlayer);
                _paraPlayer moveInDriver _chute;                  
                };
            sleep 2;
            };
};

What do I put into the unit?

Hello,

Thank you, Beerkan and all of you who contributed for this mod. It's a great idea.

But I'm still having a problem... in MP the parachute doesn't open for the other players (not AI), just for me (host). Same problem mokeyii had. I did all the things that I found in this thread and no sucess so far.

I appreciate any help, because I'm new in this.

Thanks again!!  

in the Eden editor , when you have a helo come in for an Evac  & a waypoint set to RTB . The helo wants to  stay in the AO until all  enemy units are dead how or what do i do to RTB in a hot AO ? and yes it just fly's around the AO looking for targets .

Hello,

Thank you, Beerkan and all of you who contributed for this mod. It's a great idea.

But I'm still having a problem... in MP the parachute doesn't open for the other players (not AI), just for me (host). Same problem mokeyii had. I did all the things that I found in this thread and no sucess so far.

Thanks again!!  

YES, same problem... on dedicated server players ejected, but parachutes not equipped

need fix! Thanks for sahring beerkan B)

Hello,

Thanks again!!  

Try this eject.sqf script. I have added a check if player is in a parachute and if not opens it. Also moved the timing of when the backpack is added.

Note to caxataw: You do know that when a unit is a player, then that player has total manual control over when they can open their own chute whenever they want. I'm just trying to add a failsafe.

eject.sqf

/*
    Filename: Simple ParaDrop Script v0.97 eject.sqf
    Author: Beerkan

Description:
     A Simple Paradrop Script

Parameter(s):
    0: VEHICLE  - vehicle that will be doing the paradrop (object)
    1: ALTITUDE - (optional) the altitude where the group will open their parachute (number)

Example:
   0 = [vehicle, altitude] execVM "eject.sqf"
*/  

if (!isServer) exitWith {};
private ["_paras","_vehicle","_chuteHeight","_dir"];
_vehicle = _this select 0;
_chuteheight = if ( count _this > 1 ) then { _this select 1 } else { 100 };
_vehicle allowDamage false;
_paras = assignedcargo _vehicle;
_dir = direction _vehicle;    

ParaLandSafe =
{
    private ["_unit"];
    _unit = _this select 0;
    (vehicle _unit) allowDamage false;
    if (isPlayer _unit) then {[_unit,_chuteheight] spawn OpenPlayerchute};//Set AutoOpen Chute if unit is a player
    waitUntil { isTouchingGround _unit || (position _unit select 2) < 1 };
    _unit action ["eject", vehicle _unit];
    sleep 1;
    _inv = name _unit;
    [_unit, [missionNamespace, format["%1%2", "Inventory",_inv]]] call BIS_fnc_loadInventory;// Reload Loadout.
    _unit allowdamage true;// Now you can take damage.
};

OpenPlayerChute =
{
    private ["_paraPlayer"];
    waitUntil {(position _paraPlayer select 2) <= _chuteheight};
    If (vehicle _paraPlayer IsEqualto _paraPlayer ) then {_paraPlayer action ["openParachute", _paraPlayer]};//Check if players chute is open, if not open it.
};

{
    _inv = name _x;// Get Unique name for Unit's loadout.
    [_x, [missionNamespace, format["%1%2", "Inventory",_inv]]] call BIS_fnc_saveInventory;// Save Loadout
    removeBackpack _x;
    _x disableCollisionWith _vehicle;// Sometimes units take damage when being ejected.
    _x allowdamage false;// Good Old Arma, they still can take damage on Vehcile exit.
    unassignvehicle _x;
    moveout _x;
    _x setDir (_dir + 90);// Exit the chopper at right angles.
    sleep 0.3;//space the Para's out a bit so they're not all bunched up.
    _x addBackPack "B_parachute";
} forEach _paras;

_vehicle allowDamage true;

{
    [_x,_chuteheight] spawn ParaLandSafe;
} forEach _paras;

in the Eden editor , when you have a helo come in for an Evac  & a waypoint set to RTB . The helo wants to  stay in the AO until all  enemy units are dead how or what do i do to RTB in a hot AO ? and yes it just fly's around the AO looking for targets .

This is not controlled by my script. This is settings in your mission. In my example, the last waypoint deletes the UH80 and it's crew.

If you do NOT want the helo to engage but instead fly to a waypoint then try setting first waypoint to careless and don't change it. If that doesn't work, then set the Helo AND the pilot to setcaptive = true;

For example in the init of the helo put

this flyInHeight 200;this setCaptive true;driver  this setCaptive true;

Then in the last waypoint ie name it "Land" and put

UH80 land "Land";UH80 setcaptive false;driver  UH80 setCaptive false;

where UH80 is the name of your helo.

With regard to dedicated server issues, try the above latest changes. However I don't have a dedicated server to test on, so any help from the community on that issue would be much appreciated.

As a newbie , I cannot start my own post to ask this question and so am looking to add to any threads that relate to the subject , I am having trouble with my helicopter just sitting there after dropping AI paratroopers , despite it having waypoints to go to , it doesnt move . Any ideas on how to resolve this please ? Any help would be muchly appreciated as its driving me nuts - thanks.

As a newbie , I cannot start my own post to ask this question and so am looking to add to any threads that relate to the subject , I am having trouble with my helicopter just sitting there after dropping AI paratroopers , despite it having waypoints to go to , it doesnt move . Any ideas on how to resolve this please ? Any help would be muchly appreciated as its driving me nuts - thanks.

Hi Beerkan,

I am using your Auto Parachute on mission start script and it is working perfectly for me, many thanks for your work. Two questions:

Would it be possible to have a non steerable parachute? I am working on an IFA3 mission.

Is it  possible to delete the information about the altitude from the player's screen when jumping?

Thanks.

I am using your Auto Parachute script.. would it be possible to have a non steerable parachute?

In  the AutoParachute script change "Steerable_Parachute_F" to "NonSteerable_Parachute_F".

Can't help you with your other query, sorry.

A very noob question sorry but could you tell Where to put the eject.sqf file? Like very specifically, I dont have much knowledge in using scripts, for Arma 3