Sign in to follow this  
NeoPixie

Police Unit's

We have Police Trucks.. We have Police Boats.. but no police units / clothes

Granted we have the tactical vest that has some Russian on, but no standard run of the mill police bobby.

also im sure there was a actual police CAR in a pre alpha photo

also im sure there was a actual police CAR in a pre alpha photo

Show us the video

in a pre alpha photo

Anything from before Oct 2012 isn't ArmA3 as we know it and should be ignored.

Granted we have the tactical vest that has some Russian on, but no standard run of the mill police bobby.

It's clearly Greek (Russian alphabet is Cyrillic).

It's clearly Greek (Russian alphabet is Cyrillic).

ahh its looked russian, still disappointed there is no police footmen

Unfortunately I wouldn't read too much into the Police tactical vest, as the text on the back (ΕΛΛΗÎΙΚΗ ΑΣΤΥÎΟΜΙΑ) refers to specifically Greek Police, strongly suggesting it's a hangover from what once was, rather than what might be. Though it stands to reason that they include police units in the future. Looking through the config there are mentions of clothing for workers and fishermen and farmers so it's clear BIS have them in mind even if they're not in there just yet.

I notice there's no sign of the Raven PMC that was mentioned before and had some skins associated. There was so much potential, with the proposed idea of OPFOR having several auxiliary forces, such as the PMC and a collaborationist gendarmerie. I still believe that we might see these come to light one day and I'd suspect they'll come with the campaigns :)

Yes this talk of "Quality over Quantity" is irking some right now, but I think we all know that BIS are folk who will continue to refine ArmA 3 for some years yet. Get the Quality in place for release day, then get the Quantity in place :)

Or, absolutely failing that, they laid enough groundwork for modders to pick up their ideas and plug the gaps...

On 6.9.2013 at 10:51 AM, zedderzulu said:

Unfortunately I wouldn't read too much into the Police tactical vest, as the text on the back (ΕΛΛΗÎΙΚΗ ΑΣΤΥÎΟΜΙΑ) refers to specifically Greek Police, strongly suggesting it's a hangover from what once was, rather than what might be. Though it stands to reason that they include police units in the future. Looking through the config there are mentions of clothing for workers and fishermen and farmers so it's clear BIS have them in mind even if they're not in there just yet.

I notice there's no sign of the Raven PMC that was mentioned before and had some skins associated. There was so much potential, with the proposed idea of OPFOR having several auxiliary forces, such as the PMC and a collaborationist gendarmerie. I still believe that we might see these come to light one day and I'd suspect they'll come with the campaigns :)

Yes this talk of "Quality over Quantity" is irking some right now, but I think we all know that BIS are folk who will continue to refine ArmA 3 for some years yet. Get the Quality in place for release day, then get the Quantity in place :)

Or, absolutely failing that, they laid enough groundwork for modders to pick up their ideas and plug the gaps...

Lol, 5 years later, we have a tanoan gendarmerie, without police boats and helicopters, and the altis campaign is ended without any police faction of "Republic Altis & Stratis".

So thats no answer of the old question for altian police units !

And whats with Malden ?

There is also nothing of laws enforcement.

Assuming malden and altis, the military there has taken over the power, there should be a military police.
Where is this?
Could have been very well embedded in the campaign.