Sign in to follow this  
dissaifer

Relax... just breath...

Before we go any further, I honestly just want you to take a breath before you read any more. Like in through your nose and out through your mouth.

Go on I'll wait.

And again...

okay feel better? Good.

Now, BIS has released the "last" dev branch update before the official release. And whoa has it ruffled some feathers, which is understandable. I would say it's the weakest dev release as there have been much more issues in this one than before. But I'm going to say it's okay. Now, the reason I'm saying it's okay is because this is pretty standard M.O. for BIS, and software in general.

You create software, there is a deadline, you get it out, there are bugs, and you fix them. It's just how software is done.

The way I see it they have about a week to fix the stuff they put in the dev branch before it is considered "released."

Does this mean that the game is completed? No, hardly. We know there are at least 3 patches coming out with campaign stuff and I'm sure some of the content we've seen will be in there.

If you are new to Arma then don't worry, just because it is not there now, doesn't mean it's not coming. When I first played, and I use that term loosely, Arma 2, I was getting like 10 FPS. Now look at it... pretty good right? Sure they could have not fixed it and left it how it was but they didn't. That is what you need to remember. They are not going to stop fixing or adding to it. They don't want their new and old customers to go away over some minor things.

Yes, I said minor things and I'm not trying to be combative or a smart ass. Can you load the game up? Most of you... probably. Can you shoot or fly or drive or run? of the group that can start the game up... I'd say yes. That is enough to play it right? Then you have a game. If you can't load it up, I'm sure they are working on it.

Please don't take this a an all out defense of BIS either. I had grandiose ideas for a mission, like we all do, that required women be on the island... and I was disappointed there are no female models in the dev branch. Instead I got the "Ancient Greek" form of Altis, if you know what I'm saying. So, I took a breath and said "Okay, it's coming." Hopefully, it will come soon (fingers crossed) or one of the excellent modders will create them (double fingers crossed).

And (shoulder shug) that is the good and bad thing about Arma. If you don't like how it is now, you can either post a bug/feature and convince people to vote on it, you just bite you lip and deal with it, or you just walk away for a few months and come back. Sure, it sucks at first and you want to rage out, but in the long run it will be there.

These kinds of threads contribute nothing and have no conversational value whatsoever.

Sorry you feel that way. This was my attempt to address the growing rage of the dev branch release.

you won't stop the butthurt of some people. I have and won't read, what people are complaining about. I knew whats coming, what to await. I've got everything promised/i know i'll get the stuff got delayed for free a bit later (campaign). I can enjoy pre realease version right now. And will enjoy finale, and campaign. So if there is no reason for you, to flow the dirt over devs, like some do. Just ignore such people. The dogs do barf, the caravan carries on.

These kinds of threads contribute nothing and have no conversational value whatsoever.

Yeah, we need more raging threads NAO!

Agree with OP. Strange to see many Arma vets complaining about things that went the same way numerous times before, but this time is less worst and big changes are coming. How do I know that? I don't but history proves me right and there is a change on how Devs are tackling things this time.

I believe it can help some people to see things with perspective. Obviously not the most "hooligans".

But I agree, things may not be as bright as we some hoped. But hey, this is the beginning, and its gonna take time, but I know that BI will make things work ( even add some treats ). And btw the raw engine, I do believe its the best of all the series.

They just need time to polish. Just hope that in a few days the storm will pass and all the positive atmosphere will come back.

Well it's gotta be better than the bloody stuff i'm seeing/reading atm!

The Dev branch discussion for example!

Someone mentions something in there? - Bang!! Lets start another thread and another and another! (when it's plainly discussed in Dev thread)! and most of it gets almost exactly repeated!

I agree with OP, thats how it has always been but, that dont mean it should be like that- far from it!

Edited by ck-claw

When I am annoyed at something the devs do, I will let them know.

When they do something good I will let them know.

Look at the Altis release; how much praise did they get? Loads. How many complaints where there? Bugger all.

For this latest Dev update there are a lot of complaints.

When there are a lot of complaints it's for a reason... I say let them flow. People arnt posting them for nothing.

Cause and effect..

Look at the Altis release; how much praise did they get? Loads. How many complaints where there? Bugger all.

Are you shitting me??? Half the forum was in uproar for how bad it ran 1-5 fps/stuttering etc!!

Btw- i'm not disagreeing with you about that Dev patch though.

Edited by ck-claw

Translates to me as "i`m alright Jack " ," even though i am enjoying the game , i am going to rub even more salt in the wounds of those fellow customers who cannot play or have become a little disenfranchised with the latest patches".

When you have called The people who are Disenfranchised ,The DayZ Crowd , the Cod Kiddies enough you will have nobody left to enjoy it with , remember this , your answer to your status is to play the game and be seen on the servers , it is not to drown out or sway through means of promises you youself cannot deliver to those of us with big problems , this cause only a 2nd problem.

Why is criticism considered Rage? The generalized attitude on these forums is that BI can do no wrong, so therefor any criticism towards them must be "RAGE!" no matter the facts behind said criticism. It's reaching a level of epic stupidity at this point.

I just don't understand why people think the game should have much more content at release. We will get more content including free content like the previous games. Arma 2 had content from VBS2 and a failed game in it while Arma 3 has not. Arma 2 had many years of polish while Arma 3 does not. Arma 2 has older weapons and vehicles which are if not already going out of service in current time and would only be used by guerilla like factions by Arma 3's time.

I will repeat what a developer said: "Has anyone actually opened up the vehicle models and compared them to other vehicle models and can show us that they are in fact copy pasted instead of being just similar?"

Windies, criticism and rage are different things, this is where I stop agreeing with your comment. The attitude you mostly see about "BI can do no wrong" is from people who've been around Arma for a while. The reason that attitude exists is because BI doesn't stop developing the product once it is released, that isn't a common trait amongst computer developers, just look at myriad of games that come out that never have bugs fixed.

Can BI do no wrong? No, they can be wrong a great deal. They are just people like you and me, but they still keep working on issues regardless of what these forums say.

If you don't think some of the statements are rage... please go read the beta forum. Someone asked for his money back, another claimed all they did was copy and paste. Ask yourself if all BI was copy and paste, is that based in fact?

Criticism, I openly ask for. Open up a well written thread, one that was thought about after the initial emotion was invoked with a link to the ticket to vote on - no problem here. If it's good, I'll vote on it and we can get your issue in the pipeline to be fixed.

Windies, criticism and rage are different things, this is where I stop agreeing with your comment. The attitude you mostly see about "BI can do no wrong" is from people who've been around Arma for a while. The reason that attitude exists is because BI doesn't stop developing the product once it is released, that isn't a common trait amongst computer developers, just look at myriad of games that come out that never have bugs fixed.

Can BI do no wrong? No, they can be wrong a great deal. They are just people like you and me, but they still keep working on issues regardless of what these forums say.

If you don't think some of the statements are rage... please go read the beta forum. Someone asked for his money back, another claimed all they did was copy and paste. Ask yourself if all BI was copy and paste, is that based in fact?

Criticism, I openly ask for. Open up a well written thread, one that was thought about after the initial emotion was invoked with a link to the ticket to vote on - no problem here. If it's good, I'll vote on it and we can get your issue in the pipeline to be fixed.

Well said, sir!

Why is criticism considered Rage? The generalized attitude on these forums is that BI can do no wrong, so therefor any criticism towards them must be "RAGE!" no matter the facts behind said criticism. It's reaching a level of epic stupidity at this point.

Sometimes it's good constructive criticism, sometimes it's relentless "This game sucks and it's getting worser by the day!!!!!111", and sometimes it's a mixture of both. Look at Nordkinchen's crazy articulate post on how to better implement island wide textures -a great example of constructive mixed with just a side of rage :)

Hehehe. :-) I never understood the need for some to continually tear down something that some claim they "love" or if they don't love it and want to help it succeed then why are they here? Aren't there better things to do like play games they enjoy?

Maybe the term "constructive criticism" or even just general politeness still means little (this is tame compared to usenet way back when but still...). Dunno. I usually only go to my games forums in sporadic bursts due to the amount of whinging and tantrums. I had enough of that when my kids were children :-)

way to overreact. no one here has been rude. if you can't handle opinions expressed in any other way than in a soft motherly tone, maybe you shouldn't be on the internet.

I saw tons!

1. Performance (legitimate for some)

2. Can't enter ALL buildings

3. Can't destroy ALL objects

4. Land is too flat

5. No forests

6. Too many wrecks

7. Beach umbrellas too colouful

---------- Post added at 03:32 ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 ----------

way to overreact. no one here has been rude. if you can't handle opinions expressed in any other way than in a soft motherly tone, maybe you shouldn't be on the internet.

Hehehe. Clearly you don't know what "rude" means. So you can't be on the internet and be polite? Glad you set me straight, you should make it more widely known it is for a******s only!

Breath... Breath... :-)

I often wonder how far in life some of these people would get if they acted in the real world as they do on the internet.

The other thing to keep in mind is that a lot of these people are not adults but teens.

++++

So far I have seen much criticism, but hardly any of it was "hate" or "butthurt". Instead these two words get immediatly thrown by fanboys who cant accept that not everything BIS does is happy-happy joy-joy.

Lag on Altis, only one plane, copy & paste vehicle parts, only a few vehicles and objects even comapared to Operation Flashpoint...Combined with the release NEXT WEEK people are actually allowed to be somewhat upset.

Edited by Fulcrum90

Fulcrum,

Here is a boiled down point. There are a great deal of threads of people's "criticism" and very few posts of please help me fix this game by voting up a ticket.

My grandfather bestowed some wisdom to me when I was younger and I'm going to give it to everyone here: "Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one."