Sign in to follow this  
the_blitz6794

People not dying

Well I will make a video when I get the chance and upload it,

I tell you, Point blank, to the face 5.56 ammo, no mods, default difficulty in the editor.

I think it´s because once the guy has body armor, he´s got that all over his body according to the game. Rather then torso only.

It´s not even consistent on the different armor settings. Looks to me it´s as i said, body armor means armor for the whole body regardless if you get shot in the face.

One shot to the head and you simply should not stand up, you´re either dead or in Nirvana.

Well, even with out Extended armor it's pathetic.

Here I made a video, take a look for your self and read the description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpyVkDCThvM&feature=youtu.be

You hit everyone of these on the chest or neck.

sight_vs_bore_line_tmb.jpg

Should have used the crosshairs. Testing something else this afternoon I coould drop anyone with 1 shot to the head with the MX.

Edited by Smurf

speaking of that "twitch" thing still going on (when you shoot someone)....why is it still in the game at this point? When I first saw that on first day of alpha I always assumed it was a sort of "placeholder" of sorts...and never imagined it would be left in the game, as it looks incredibly ridiculous.

I would suggest going out to the main menu before turning the armor off. It might not have an effect until the data is loaded again.

OK will try.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

You hit everyone of these on the chest or neck.

http://dslyecxi.com/images/arma/ttp/sight_vs_bore_line_tmb.jpg

Should have used the crosshairs. Testing something else this afternoon I coould drop anyone with 1 shot to the head with the MX.

Yes, you are right.

I just did another video, and also went back to main menu to turn off / on the extended armor.

I am uploading the video, it will take a bit, you could see, that while most of the times it is one hit kills in the face (even with extended armor on)

it's not consistent, and even if you hit the neck it won't kill them in one shot, still weak IMO.

-EDIT-

here it is, test number 2, I admit it's better, but it still feels strange and not consistent at all.

Also I see no difference now between Extended armor and with out.

To sum it up, I just don't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQswAczJMk8&feature=youtu.be

Edited by bez

it's not consistent, and even if you hit the neck it won't kill them in one shot, still weak IMO.

....but it still feels strange and not consistent at all.

To sum it up, I just don't get it.

That looked like consistent to me.

When you shoot someone who is coming at you/shooting at you, you have a great chance to hit their gun or hit their hands before you hit their torso.

It is always a good idea to spend few more bullets to make sure he is killed (I've had some bitter experiences too..).

The problem is that we don't actually gain any advantage by just wounding someone at the moment.

It's like "I'm 100 % capable of killing you, even if I'm 99 % wounded".

One almost lethal shot, there's the twitch, and after that he is still running and shooting like before. Shot in both hands, and he still is shooting back. Shot in the legs, and he is still up and moving. Maybe not sprinting much, though.

No "pain" or even some real disability, that's what feels strange.

The problem is that we don't actually gain any advantage by just wounding someone at the moment.

It's like "I'm 100 % capable of killing you, even if I'm 99 % wounded".

One almost lethal shot, there's the twitch, and after that he is still running and shooting like before. Shot in both hands, and he still is shooting back. Shot in the legs, and he is still up and moving. Maybe not sprinting much, though.

No "pain" or even some real disability, that's what feels strange.

yea. i wish they would add what they have for people getting hit by vehicles for guns. would be great to down someone and then see him recover and shoot again but with lower accuracy and bleeding out or something like that. maybe force prone in that state. that would be great.

all that would already be possible if we could just get a damn ragdoll command. i really feel robbed of a lot of fun experiments and a lot of potential for scripting. i know it can be done with anims and duplicate units but that's just silly if it could be so clean and good looking. i really hope we'll see that command soon.

Independent (AAF) rifleman, spawned on airfield surrounded by civvies and blufor (friendly) soldiers. I then shot the civvies and the blufor. It took one round to the head for all civvies, one round to the head unless I shot the back or side of the helmet in such a way that the head was barely hit by the deflected round. Using a 5.56 weapon.

I see a completely different response to you, which is odd.

EDIT: Same for Opfor, unless the round is deflected by the helmet (1 in 20 rounds maybe?) it's one shot kill)

Remember they have armor.

At 500m a 9mm bullet will have almost no energy and will just be falling out of the sky.

No. Let BIS make normal body armor. Prior to this, no excuses level of damage. Hit points sistem of armor must die!

i remember the older games had wounded and limping animations right? or am i thinking of another game?

No, you're probably thinking of Ghost Recon which had limping animations. In previous games you were forced prone when injured in the legs. Now you are forced to walk when badly injured.

VBS has limping anims though, maybe you're thinking of that.

Guys, just checking. Isn't extended armor option valid only for a player (to decrease difficulty)? Thanks.

Guys, just checking. Isn't extended armor option valid only for a player (to decrease difficulty)? Thanks.

Player and his team mates.

No, you're probably thinking of Ghost Recon which had limping animations. In previous games you were forced prone when injured in the legs. Now you are forced to walk when badly injured.

VBS has limping anims though, maybe you're thinking of that.

oh right, i was conflating the two. didn't know vbs had injure animations. another thing arma 3 could use.

Player and his team mates.

Yes, thanks for confirmation. Therefore it is pointless to discuss this option in context of killing enemies.

First of all I just don't know well how the real works but I too have been thinking of that enemies and player seem too much armed. Anyway I turned the extended armor off as you guys said and could just notice the everybody easily die! in 1~3 shots(not experiment but just my feel) of course me and my squad mates as well. That was really tough though but fun, and I calmly adjusted my difficulty level from friendly and enemy 0.85 to friendly 1.0 and enemy 0.7. :o

^^ As long as you having fun buddy change that difficulty to whatever you damn well please. I sometimes lower it a lot more than that! In fact it is always a lot lower than those settings in SP... :D

I agree that this is a big issue, especially in light of other choices the developers have made when it comes to the shooting mechanics and gun handling in the game.

Right now, the guns in the game with 6.5 and smaller ammunition are glorified pea-shooters that seem to take 3+ bullets to kill an enemy at all but the closest ranges (with at least 2 of those bullets hitting the torso). That in and of itself is a departure from previous Arma/OFP titles where 1 bullet for you or an enemy typically meant death or at least incapacitation. But when combined with the horribly exaggerated recoil and random weapon sway that make it seem like your character has never handled a firearm in his life, accurate follow-up shots are all but impossible except at CQB ranges.

Frankly, weapons aren't as mortal as many think. Shot to the head? Fine, easy kill. Anywhere else isn't that easy or at least isn't an instakill; you get incapacitated, bleed and take a while to actually die.

But with the maimed medical system this is (to) binary: You are alive or dead; even colateral effects aren't that pronunciated anymore. Also, no "slow deaths", but that is something exclusive to RO2 (I think) so no big deal.

Until they review this system (and I beleive they will, eventually, because this one is way to simple) I'm fine on what we have now (damage wise): some missions may take hours and isn't fun to get killed on a lucky shot and end it all.