Sign in to follow this  
Fulcrum90

Why no SAM sites?

I would rather BI not waste time adding non-essential items, is all.

DM, what are the essential items that are missing from Arma 3, in your opinion?

DM, what are the essential items that are missing from Arma 3, in your opinion?

Isn't the FARP point (I think it was a warfare object in A2), missing (or something that does the same)? Its actually quite useful and removes some scripting needed for missions.

Dan;2512553']Isn't the FARP point (I think it was a warfare object in A2)' date=' missing (or something that does the same)? Its actually quite useful and removes some scripting needed for missions.[/quote']

I would argue that a sam site is more useful from a mission standpoint than that.

There may on be one fixed wing aircraft (so far ..) but there are still armed helicopters that would render having SAM sites and batteries useful, especially for long missions like Insurgency, Domination or the future MSO, shame something of this nature wasn't added, not including the static Titan Launcher.

Rather than have big anti-aircraft system, they had better change the tripod of statics missiles launcher Titan AA to make it usable on 360 degree as current systems. Let's start with ...

Agreed. The 90 degree sweep of the Static AA Titan is weird, especially when you consider the equivalent MG has full 360 movement.

I find Arma 3's lack of searchlight and other useful static entities disturbing.

I find Arma 3's lack of searchlight and other useful static entities disturbing.

I've just been looking for it, I can't believe it's gone, it did need improving though.