Sign in to follow this  
DChristy87

BIS_fnc_advHint?

I know the basics, thanks to kylania, for how to use an advHint. I do have them working, however, there isn't a lot of information on them and I just want to learn more about them and what it is I'm actually doing...Does anyone know what any of the parameters are for them?

Example I got from kylania:

_null = [["HINTNAME", "TAG_hintname"], nil,nil,nil,nil,nil,true] call BIS_fnc_advHint;  

(and of course you have to pre-define this in your description file)

Those are all described in the header of the function. Just look up advHint in the Functions browser and read the top part. :)

Usually you don't need any of them. For that example I wanted it to open full from the start, and that's the last option so I needed to add in all those nils.

Yeah I can see that, so they're basically fillers so you can use "true" at the end, right?? Also, the thing I'm having the most trouble figuring out, is how to have this advHint run for the individual player. It's running across all players screens each time it's called. I want it to only run for the player that runs the script. Like for example. I have that in the playable units init field, and when someone new joined the server, it would run it for me and for my friend, but it's a message that's intended for the player only as he comes into the server. Any idea thoughts about what it could be that I'm doing wrong?