Sign in to follow this  
mistyronin

A2 vehicles a solution or A3 lack of content?

Would you like optimized A2 stuff be in A3?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like optimized A2 stuff be in A3?

• Yes, I need lots of stuff, don't care if it was in A2 before.
    • I'm happy with what we have now, I'll wait for DLC for new stuff.
    • No way, I want more exclusive A3 stuff for free!

All of which requires developer time and effort (a reasonably significant amount, when it comes to configuring physX).

Where does that time/effort come from?

Well then they should give people the tools and docs to do it themselves, jeez dude.

I actually dont understand why this hasnt been made into a platform already. Look at all the stuff you can make with it. RPG,CTI,dayz

it reminds me of half life

Edited by defk0n_NL

I hope that developers will see what do we want and do that for us..we(I) only want game witch is similar to realism....not some 2036 year.. and my dream game was ARMA i was so stunned when i find out about it.. it has everything that i ever wanted...game witch was real and 3rd person...to enjoy the look of vehicles and everything... to bad that ARMA 2 is not ported to ARMA 3 engine...end just polished...i think a lof of us would love that.. and main problem now..is there is a lot...a lot..of realism units in arma 2...how does devs think they will continiue their realism units in fictional 2036 year???

The level of ignorance coupled with entitlement in this thread is astounding, I'm tapping out.

This not about getting the content for free. Its a poll about supporting the old content.

Anyone with A2/OA/PMC/BAF can just copy addons folder (minus Modules,UI,UIFont,Anim pbo) to a modfolder and have a it working on arma 3.

Matter of fact ive just spend 3 hours browsing the absolutely massive amount of models in the editor.

Its a damn waste if you ask me. Basically everything OA and up has almost the same fidelty as A3, minus car interiors.

but yer.

What people are saying is it would be nice if it can get some official support or mod tools for porting.

At least, thats what i believe.

Why would you speak for "those people"? Can't they speak for themselves? I see more and more lads such as yourself trying to identify themselves with a much larger group, hoping that their words will weight more.

Back to the topic, you just said it is already "supported" (as in you can use those assets right now).

Except the title suggests that the content should somehow (magically?) be "optimized" for A3...

+1

Under optimized i see, adding physx confs to cars. Making assets bugfree.

and their are a couple of bugs on the AIA tracker that only BIS can solve.

If one meant reskinning models then that could be a lil much. just sayin.

what dm said

All of which requires developer time and effort (a reasonably significant amount, when it comes to configuring physX).

Where does that time/effort come from?

time = money

Well then they should give people the tools and docs to do it themselves, jeez dude.

I actually dont understand why this hasnt been made into a platform already. Look at all the stuff you can make with it. RPG,CTI,dayz

it reminds me of half life

Tools are on the way. Current tools still work, workflow and pipelines are documented and put down for everyone to read right on those forums. Give people means moving the dead cat over the fence in those people yard, isn't it?

Why would you speak for "those people"? Can't they speak for themselves? I see more and more lads such as yourself trying to identify themselves with a much larger group, hoping that their words will weight more.

Back to the topic, you just said it is already "supported" (as in you can use those assets right now).

I am not trying to identify with anything. I was adding some much needed context or do you rather hear "Ugh BIS sux so hurddd"

and yea this is not reddit so i am sad to inform you +1 doesnt do anything.. yet.

Give people means moving the dead cat over the fence in those people yard, isn't it?

Don't know what this means, can you explain?

I am not trying to identify with anything. I was adding some much needed context or do you rather hear "Ugh BIS sux so hurddd"

and yea this is not reddit so i am sad to inform you +1 doesnt do anything.. yet.

thank you for informing me how this forum works. i wasn't aware of it for the last 6-7 years.

and i am not a reddit follower, so i wouldn't know.

Don't know what this means, can you explain?

That you would have BI, or "other people" fix this for you. It is one or the other as long as it is not you to do the work. Oh, and btw, i am not pointing directly at yourself with the above.

Make A2 vehicles work with A3 and let A2 owners download for free. Charge $__.__ for people who do not own A2. That price is the budget for devs to do the editing work. Or just charge everyone. Or just release the A2 MLODs.

I don't think the vehicles in A2 are on a quality level that they should be implemented in A3, at least not without major improvements (new technologies, heavy texture updates and so on).

I'd prefer to see more A3 exclusive stuff, ideal would be IMO 3 unique vehicles per type (Transport, Recon, Armored, APC and so on) and faction. I'm not seeing so much new breathtaking 3d stuff in the game... wondering what you do as 3D-Developer @ BI?

wondering what you do as 3D-Developer @ BI?

what is a 3d developer in your view?

Secondly, a lot of assets have been outsourced, just like every other company in this industry does...

Make A2 vehicles work with A3 and let A2 owners download for free. Charge $__.__ for people who do not own A2. That price is the budget for devs to do the editing work. Or just charge everyone. Or just release the A2 MLODs.

proper 3d artists and content makers don't need mlods, they needs proper samples (boxes would suffice to understand how things work).

yep, i think to make all a2-content compatible (physix for example) with arma3 is a good investition, its a win win situation:

-it entrap to buy arma3 for all arma2 owners

-it entrap to buy arma2 for all arma3-owners

-it entrap test magazines to give highscores for "the amount of sandbox possibilities".

sorry for my cryptic english :p

I would like to ask as the creator of this post, to keep it constructive and on topic: What do you thing about the amount of vehicles in the final release? What's your opinion about what should BI do? Could we help them if we had better tools? Would you prefer more A3 exclusive content, even if it takes longer or a paid DLC? Why?

Saying things like "The amount of self-entitlement in this thread is unbelievable" and "The level of ignorance coupled with entitlement in this thread is astounding" is not gonna give more weight to your comments.

Please debate about ideas not about the people who post. If you have any personal problem with another user, I think it's better to use Private Messages. If I'm wrong about that, could a moderator correct me?

Edited by MistyRonin
Orthography corrections

Rome wasn’t built in a day, we are at the very beginning of a long story. I'm pretty confident that BI will add content and modders will do the same. Unlike A2, A3 increases quality standard and add new features. Massive porting of old content would be a step back. I would be pleased if they bring later to A3 some A2 remastered content.

I think we should stop whining and encourage the Dev ;)

PS: I'm not satisfied by the quantity/choice of platforms, but i do like the quality.

if you want to compare arma to rome...arma will have its downfall really soon...we had these problems since arma 1 where the devs never listen to theyr customers

Rome wasn’t built in a day, we are at the very beginning of a long story. I'm pretty confident that BI will add content and modders will do the same. Unlike A2, A3 increases quality standard and add new features.

Totally agree, it's the first time that I'm really happy about how infantry moves, really smooth ( and I've been playing this series for more than ten years ). I would also add that I'm really happy of all the new stuff delivered, it has been the time that more new stuff have been delivered since OFP. I really see a lot of potential to this game. I hope it will last at least as long as A2, and that the devs will give it lots of love and bring us more stuff ( whatever if in patches and DLC ).

BTW being french, do you now if OFrP people are gonna update their mod to A3?

what is a 3d developer in your view?

He puts all his effort from his (i guess) 40 hour week or more into developing 3d models. You can call it 3D-Designer, 3D Artist, what ever.

Don't get me wrong, the things done in A3 from the 3D Artists are good (even though that copy & pasting is kinda...meh.), I just find the lack of content disappointing.

ArmA 3 has been in development since? How many 40-hour-weeks are that? Do you have the amount of people at BI that are working on 3D-Models, would be interesting to know.

Has anyone noticed this statement?

"There are other, and accepted, ways of merging Arma 1 / 2 content into Arma 3. This is handled by releasing new add-ons that merge the content people already own via configuration files. We are working on an officially supported approach for later (similar to TKOH's Rearmed)."

To me this sounds like an offical All-in-ArmA (with at least A2 content) some time in the future.

Legislator;2490665']Has anyone noticed this statement?

To me this sounds like an offical All-in-ArmA (with at least A2 content) some time in the future.

At least I haven't, but are sweet news. Though it was said a few months ago and maybe it has been removed from the project.

There is also the possibility that an official solution just really wasn't ever a "launch level" priority, but it's definitely something worth asking the devs about, with no small emphasis on the fact that according to kju engine limitations prevent it from being a "complete" solution that BI can just promote/point people at.

The A-10! Where is the A-10!? Just slightly modify the A-10 design to look more futuristic or not, I don't care. We need a flying tank :P

Massive lack of aircraft. Seriously, one aircraft is in no way enough for this released game. Bringing A2 vehicles in is a start, but they would need to updated to include all the A3 stuff. Now I AM a massive fanboi, so I'm sure BIS won't let us down with more vehicles.

I would like to see nothing but DLC packs of vehicles. You can keep your reskinned rifle this and rifle that !

Hello there

I have no clue whether more vehicles or DLC's are planned, but if a little time could be steered .kju's way to get his AIA mod in working order then I'd be perfectly happy.

If we had a full backward compatibility to completely bring in older a2 assets without the existing issues then I think many folk's gripes would be quashed, plus it would be a great selling point. So *many* assets!.

Yes, many A2 items do look a little rough, especially when compared to the higher fidelity textures/models in A3, but we still want em.

ACE? I44? PRACS? hmmmmmmmm assets..... gimmie gimmie gimme.

Whether realistic or practical? well, I dont know. I just want all the things.

Rgds

LoK

Truth be told, i would rather have BIS figure out a way to automate the server-client allowance and synchronization for addons.

This would be fantastic.

I'm cool with the content with the exception of fixed wing aircraft, we need at least one more strike fighter and a large carrier plane for vehicle/ammo drops in addition to para drop/halo

it really needs to be official port if taken from ArmA2 though, while I appreciate kjus work in AIA this mod will not be enough/simple for most users.

We need to mix it up. The people who want to stay in 2010? Hell with them. I think it's time we move forward. Each game so far covers a different time period: Cold War Crisis? 70s, 80s. A1/2/OA? 80s-2010. A3 jumps forward a bit, I welcome it. NATO doesn't tout AR-15s everywhere they go. There are other countries in NATO besides the US, don't you know? If you're having such a hard-on for 2000-tech, wait for the next ACE mod to be released, and that'll take care of your concerns.

Sorry, ranting. I'm kind of angry BIS axed the railgun tank.

Edited by steamtex

We need to mix it up. The people who want to stay in 2010? Screw them. I think it's time we move forward. Each game so far covers a different time period: Cold War Crisis? 70s, 80s. A1/2/OA? 80s-2010. A3 jumps forward a bit, deal with it you crybabies. NATO doesn't tout AR-15s everywhere they go. If you're having such a hard-on for 2000-tech, wait for the next ACE mod to be released. Bloody brats.

For one side, I think this are not manners ( calling people crybabies ), on the other the point of this topic it's not about game periods.

It's to figure out if people are happy with the current list of vehicles or they would be happier if due to the lack of vehicles they get some kind of fast patch to have a few more units even if they are recycled from A2 and not offer the same quality.