Sign in to follow this  
mistyronin

A2 vehicles a solution or A3 lack of content?

Would you like optimized A2 stuff be in A3?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like optimized A2 stuff be in A3?

• Yes, I need lots of stuff, don't care if it was in A2 before.
    • I'm happy with what we have now, I'll wait for DLC for new stuff.
    • No way, I want more exclusive A3 stuff for free!

As I stated in another post, I was wondering how many people ( specially the ones that complain about the lack of content ) would be happy if BI added some tuned and optimized vehicles from A2 ( not just a patch like in All in Arma, made all the cfg for A3 ).

Vehicles such as the Osprey, F35, C130, Chinnok, Huey, civilian stuff, etc. maybe a bit "modernized".

It will mean far less work than make new from scratch. It may not be the best super solution, but with few time and more as a patch to make everyone happy, it will give lots of toys to play. As for whatever reasons, the great BI people couldn't get everything finished by the release.

Please vote :)

EDIT: I encourage people to visit this post by kju, where he makes a really good proposition.

Edited by MistyRonin
Adding edit note

Just do something to make it easier for community to put these vehicles into A3. Enough of that futuristic crap....

If its not too much to ask, I would love if people could explain their votes, maybe it can help BI to take a decision.

At the very least, release the ArmA 2 MLODs for modders! We need ACE 3 and functioning AIA!

Arma 2 vehicles are too old, even currently in real life they are being replaced.

Arma 2 vehicles are too old, even currently in real life they are being replaced.

Well judging how armies tend to keep vehicles for really long time ( US ARMY still uses M113 and Hueys from Vietnam era ), and that I'm quite sure than in 20 years the ospreys and F35 ( if they finish it ) will still operative.

BTW the point was to fill the gap until we can have something better from free patches or paid DLCs.

The RPG-7 will be used for 50 more years.

If you go to Africa battlefields or Afghanistan you will find even ww1 stuff ( so for the guerrilla in A3, instead of the awesome TAR ).

Besides if in WW2 JJack Churchill fought with a british longbow and a sword ( when he was not playing the bagpipe )

Maybe not all of the vehicles (such as t-55, Hueys etc) but there are quite a few vehicles from A2 that will probably remain in service for awhile. Ospreys, F35s for sure and maybe some newer Russian stuff like the T-90 could have been sold to CSAT. Apparently they sold CSAT some T-100s and Ka-60s, so why not some slightly older stuff?

Maybe not all of the vehicles (such as t-55, Hueys etc) but there are quite a few vehicles from A2 that will probably remain in service for awhile. Ospreys, F35s for sure and maybe some newer Russian stuff like the T-90 could have been sold to CSAT. Apparently they sold CSAT some T-100s and Ka-60s, so why not some slightly older stuff?

The hueys could be given to the AAF, that btw have a lack of small-mid size choppers ( with a huge unarmored Mohawk you can't deploy people in hot zones, nor use it as CAS ). If Altis is in crisis, wouldn't it make sense that they bought old stuff?

The T90 and other tanks would boost Armored battles, with only one tank per side it's a bit narrow.

BTW did you know that a derived of WW2 MG42 are still in use, because of how effective they are, or some of the C47 planes that deploy paratroops in D Day '44 are still in use ( for civilian use ).

I'd like to see worn ass aks for the independent faction, showing that while the weapons aren't made anymore in the future, they still operate even after much age.

Not unless AiA or Arma 2 assets are allowed on every server by default. I tell you for a game that is so mod driven the servers are scarse that allow mods that help fix and improve the vanilla experience. This is why I would like to see an improved Arma 3 texture/poly version of AiA released straight from BI so it becomes vanilla content.

Not unless AiA or Arma 2 assets are allowed on every server by default. I tell you for a game that is so mod driven the servers are scarse that allow mods that help fix and improve the vanilla experience. This is why I would like to see an improved Arma 3 texture/poly version of AiA released straight from BI so it becomes vanilla content.

The point is to officially port some A2 vehicles to fill gaps in A3, so they would work in every server by default ( they would become vanilla content, maybe even BI could add a high res texture ).

suprememodder, I belive that most of the vehicles from A2 are already well simulated ( Osprey, F35, etc. ), they would only need a few tweaks to work with A3 physics.

Units and weapons too! i wanna have some Ak74s, m16, m4 and not have to download lots of mods or play with AiA and no muzzle flash...

And all this content should be ported not having to own arma 2 or OA!

I pretty sure that i have been reading here since A3 day one ( not release but announcement a year or two ago) that at least 75% of the arma community people, asking for today war stuff not future stuff!

And from today i don't think there is more than 60% (change to 30% after this video

) of content in arma 3 compare to arma 2!

I live but one of the biggest US military base and i see all kinds of choppers, planes, jets, tanks, trucks, cars and i always thought how cool was to get home and play with them in arma 2!Now i guess i need to wait 20 years to have that feeling!lol

Edited by Grillob3

I'd like to see worn ass aks for the independent faction, showing that while the weapons aren't made anymore in the future, they still operate even after much age.

^Basically this

Look: Weapons,Cars,Planes,Houses are functional items. Even if its 100 year in the future. If they can still fulfill the function then i dont see why replace them with shiny versions of the exact same thing

I'd like to see some of the OA US vehicles, like the A10, the AH64D, the Bradley, Humvee, even if some of that stuff is given to the AAF. And, no, it's not because I hate futuristic stuff like certain people in this thread. I like the future setting. I'd just like to see some of that OA stuff in the game. For weapons, I don't want to see the weapons ported over from Arma 2/OA because they aren't to A3 standards. I'd want to see the same weapons but up to A3 standards, so better textures, models, handling, attachments, etc. And I'd like to see Takistan ported to Arma 3.

@Grillob3: You had that feeling in Arma 2. Not every game is going to be modern day. 20 years from now are you still going to be crying about modern day stuff, which will be the past then? I mean, all the vehicles you see are modern-day vehicles. None of them are futuristic. They all exist in some form or fashion, whether they are a future variant (like the T-100) or not (like pretty much every other vehicle except the Ghosthawk, which is based on a current helicopter).

lol, no vehicle in ArmA is properly simulated like a dedicated sim so your point means nothing, any of the ArmA2 vehicles could compete with whats in ArmA3

The amount of self-entitlement in this thread is unbelievable.

If you want a game that features modern military equipment, you're free to make it yourself. BI are making the game they want to make. Deal with it.

Also, have we not had this thread eleventy billion times already?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148943-Arma-3-(2040)-will-there-be-DLCs-based-on-2000-2010

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150804-Question-on-Setting-Why-2037

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?119193-Am-I-the-only-one-who-disliked-the-futuristic-approach

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159212-Poll-Rather-Modern-or-Futuristic

(after a single one-word search)

oh look the original and clever "make your own game" argument. everyone here is entitled to request whatever they want. if you don't like these discussions, feel free to not read them. as long as this forum is open to discussion, you'll be seeing plenty more topics like these. deal with it.

Well thats the great thing about Arma (unlike 99% of the other games out there), if you don't like the content, you can mod in stuff you do like.

And as long as you're happy with the fact that BI is going to completely ignore all these whiny "I dont like the future content, give me AKs and M16s" threads, then I'm happy seeing them created over and over and over and over (not...).

Since people seem to think that creating such whine threads will make BI chuck out all their development (again) in order to make Arma3:The Arma 2 carbon copy.

I would like to see the ArmA 2 - or at least the Arrowhead + BAF + PMC content in ArmA 3 as well. I don't see the argument "we don't need old crap in a futuristic game" being valid as you can easily create missions taking place in the 80s, 90s (etc.) in the editor. However BIS should fix the basics of ArmA 3 first, then include A2 content step by step while upgrading it up-to-date engine-wise. If that's not possible because money/time issues then maybe a cooperation with modders should be done (like providing official help for AiA mod or something like that).

The amount of self-entitlement in this thread is unbelievable.

If you want a game that features modern military equipment, you're free to make it yourself. BI are making the game they want to make. Deal with it.

I think that's not the point of this threat, we are talking about a constructive solution about the limited amount of equip we got in the final release due to the problems that BI has experienced during the development. It's just a suggestion to the dev team, and I made a poll to know what people think.

I don't believe that any if us is asking for a change of era ( in fact I love that takes place in 2035 ), and I wouldn't have made this topic if I felt that we are all happy about the amount of vehicles added.

Obviously that is BI game and they would do what they feel better, but we are their costumers and this forums exist to allow us to express our opinions about the game.

Poll has no suitable answer for me. I would be ok with some A2 content as long as I don't have to buy it all again.

Poll has no suitable answer for me. I would be ok with some A2 content as long as I don't have to buy it all again.

Well maybe I haven't been specific enough, but that's what the first option is trying to cover. The adding some A2 stuff in A3 vanilla for free and without the need of having the game to fill the actual gaps left due development issues.

More than anything because its easier and faster to add things you already have that start from scratch. It may not be the best solution, but I believe it would help with the people that feel disappointed.