Sign in to follow this  
maturin

Has anyone figured out these heavy weapons yet?

There are a few interesting features which are beyond me, assuming they are finished at all.

We can now pack mortars and static weapons, putting them in bags on the ground. Has anyone managed to actually pick up these bags? I can't interact with them?

How the hell does the scope-based mortar (and SPG) FCS work? What is this cross appearing on my screen? What does it mean when the rangefinder stops reading? Why can I adjust my elevation when nothing gives me a firing solution for that elevation? Why is there a traverse reading? Why does pressing the \ key make an Auto setting turn on?

What is the \ ever supposed to do? It's in the controls as auto-lock or some shit.

When in the mortar (or self propelled howitzer) you can use the scope when you have a target in the line of sight (which is or should not be the case considering all these systems are weapons for indirect line of fire).

Assuming you're in the mortar and the scope gives you an error message while keeping a target on point, load a shell for different range, either for more or less range.

When the right shell is loaded you should see some numbers on the low right of the scope, elevation etc. One of them changes depending of the direction an angle you're aiming, the other value is yours to be adjusted with holding down the metering buttons on your keyboard (usually picture up and down).

as said, try to match both values and then fire your round. It should splash near the target.

for the other questions (especially the Auto setting, have to try this, what's the synonym function in the control settings of the game because I have a German layout Keyboard?) I have no answer.

you can deassemble/assemble static weapons since OA. what you do to assemble them is put one backpack on you back and then use the assemble action on the remaining one on the ground. pretty cool to take a mortar with you in a heli and set up close arty support near an AO.

you can deassemble/assemble static weapons since OA. what you do to assemble them is put one backpack on you back and then use the assemble action on the remaining one on the ground. pretty cool to take a mortar with you in a heli and set up close arty support near an AO.

My squad mates and I have been doing that over the last few nights. I've spent a bit of time spotting which has been quite a lot of fun (and satisfying when you get a hit). We knocked out a couple of T100s, BMPs, a heap of infantry and a radio tower in about 1 hour. I ended up sniping the leftover infantry and clearing the area. That was an awesome experience.

I'm hoping with ACE that they do away with the map showing enemy inf and vehicles and put in more detailed nav lines so I could give a 6 digit grid ref for example and then have to adjust from there. THAT would be awesome.

How the hell does the scope-based mortar (and SPG) FCS work? What is this cross appearing on my screen? What does it mean when the rangefinder stops reading? Why can I adjust my elevation when nothing gives me a firing solution for that elevation? Why is there a traverse reading? Why does pressing the \ key make an Auto setting turn on?

What is the \ ever supposed to do? It's in the controls as auto-lock or some shit.

Have a read of this: http://killzonekid.com/arma-3-how-to-aim-mk6-mortar-in-first-person/

It helped me alot. :D

Cheers,

There are a few interesting features which are beyond me, assuming they are finished at all.

We can now pack mortars and static weapons, putting them in bags on the ground. Has anyone managed to actually pick up these bags? I can't interact with them?

also, why the hell are we looking at the air when using mortar? do mortar men judge distance by looking straight up into the sky?

just for the record, yah can point shoot just using page up and page dn keys to adjust elevation, and the site in scoped mode when on manual isnt locked on the elevation of the gun.