Sign in to follow this  
Lobstris

Problem reverting mission saves with latest dev branch

Hi all. I've got a problem with the latest Dev Branch, in that every time I try to revert a previous save after a few seconds on the map loading screen, I get booted back to the mission list. Tried with and without mods (basically CBA + AI Addons) and a verify of the integrity of game files via Steam to the same effect. Problem didn't exist last night, prior to the 900MB content update today.

Was the previous save made before the update?

Compatibility is not guaranteed after an update or with any change in the mods and the save might be unusable.

No - all saves/reverts are with the current dev version (0.77.109751), with missions from the Steam Workshop. Without the '-nologs' parameter in the command line (indeed command line cleared of all parameters), when saving then immediately reverting any mission on this build I'm getting a 'You cannot play/edit this mission; It is dependent on downloaded content that has been deleted.a3_modules_f_uav' error. I presume this is an issue because the mission was created prior to the current Dev version, and a linked module has changed name in the current build? :-/

Edited by Lobstris

same error message here with newest downloaded missions via workshop and actual saved games on current dev build. Tried it again with the actual newest mission that includes all new content (Altis showcase by AJ (Night)) and it gives me the same error message.

Edited by JumpingHubert

Same on this end with several different scenarios, some of which were even updated after today's content release/patch. Playing from restart, not a previous save. Starts fine initially, then any time I attempt to restart or reload it gives me this error.

Same issue here. I have just clean arma 3 of the lastest dev build and the error appears regardless of official showcase or workshop mission.

Same on this end with several different scenarios, some of which were even updated after today's content release/patch. Playing from restart, not a previous save. Starts fine initially, then any time I attempt to restart or reload it gives me this error.
Exactly the same here.

Like others, the specific error message I get when trying to reload a save says that the following file is missing: "a3_modules_f_uav". I'm guessing that the latest dev branch update changed the name of that object (and perhaps others?) from what the missions reference, but it's odd that it wouldn't prevent the mission from loading in the first place, just loading of saves.

Edited by neuron

I'm getting this problem again since the latest update from 30 september,

any scenario I can't load my saves,its most frustrating with DUWS which in my opinion as a mainly single player guy is one of the few reasons to play at the moment,and DUWS on Altis can be an 8 hour plus affair,so losing all that progress is a real pain,does anyone have any tips to alleviate this problem,have tried both stable and dev versions,verifying cache etc.

I've had this problem since day one of the Alpha. Not sure if it's mod related or what. Sucks for missions too, as I can't reload autosaves.

EDIT: For me the issue is CBA.

Edited by antoineflemming