Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

seriously, stuff off and dont presume to talk on my behalf again. the fact that i disagree with you only amplifies that sentiment. im quite impressed with the new releases and the state of the game and look forward to it getting even better.

It says "other people" this does not in anyway Indicate 100% of the arma population... So calm down please I mean no dis respect but afaik 75% of the lads on this forum agree with me which is their own choice.

I merely just

The whole "Altis is a masterpiece" thing I don't get. What good is a playground with crappy toys? Having the exact same turrets / weapons on every vehicle is not good at all. A lot of the rifles are just stupid looking and are piss poor. I had big hopes for ARMA 3 since it was announced. I am disappoint.

The toys are not crappy. The craftsmanship on the new vehicles and weapons is outstanding, save the few blemishes (ie, the kitbashed Nato soldier and the Kamaz). The configs are currently wonky, but that can (and hopefully will) be fixed.

I do not get why you think the rifles are "stupid looking" or "piss poor". Compared to the BI made weapons for Arma 2 (which, again, were slightly overhauled Armed Assault models, which in turn date back to 2004-2005 and were used in no less than FOUR releases without major changes.) the new weapons are outstanding in quality. The sounds are great too (Unfortunately, all explosions sounds are rubbish, but there my and BI's taste seem to diverge). We also have -finally- working 3D voices, at that. The weapons of good quality that were introduced with Arrowhead were purchased externally, and when they were released people complained too! (omg why does us army use scars they dont use scars omg - paraphrasing here, but you get the idea.)

BI at -no- point made hard promises are used deceptive marketing techniques to sell a different game than what we have in front of us now. They scrapped two years of work with the campaign, and presumeably a bunch of art assets went down the drain with that too. There's also another bunch that's not been put in because they were not up to standards (re the new QA they are enforcing. One victim of that seems to be the XM-25).

I am looking for a non-broken game, without half-assed features and assets. Arma was -full- of those, and because of that, and the other stupid niggles it had (movement, mouse lag, grenades, inventory, AI, performance, etc), none of my friends who play games (around 12) played it even after purchasing Arma 2 and/or Arrowhead.

For -once- I want them not to get into the game and spent a month biting their keyboards trying to not get killed while throwing grenades, or moving around a corner, or loosing a mission because the AI decided to collectively walk out in front of a parked shilka. I don't want to see shit like the "If your mission ever stops working, just restart it entirely :)" hints at the bottom of a loading screen. I don't want to see another manhattan, where a mission doesn't work and has obvious loose ends after 4 years of patching, I don't want to see another Queen's Gambit, where there's individual characters speaking with two different voice actors, or voice actors talking nonsensical lines, or generally buggy, broken, unfinished or wonky content.

This isn't 2004 and we're not in the age anymore where game companies can get away with producing things that don't work, and still get high marks. Also, do you think complaining on a forum is going to change anything at this point? The ultimate judge will be the press, and most people outside the reality sim community do not care about ten thousand different vehicles and guns, they care about a game they can enjoy learning and playing without the game booting them in the face every three minutes with something that doesn't work like you should expect it to work.

And to be honest, A3 has been cut down, and looking at the beta, I´m actually worried that they didn't cut enough fat. There are so many things that are still dodgy and in dire need of an overhaul that I could do away with that one jet and the missile artillery. Like the action menu. Or the attachment system. Or the armor system. Or the health system. Or the simulation of the bodyarmor.

Quantity does not have a special quality.

More choice when sacrificing quality will leave you with a ton of cheap plastic. If you like cheap plastic, more power to you. I'd rather stick with a few pieces of silver cutlery and enjoy the meal.

I just brought up the subject (sorry for new reply I accidentally clicked post on my iPhone)

The only thing I'm disappointed about is the vehicles stuff:

I really, really, really don't like them at all.

I would have prefered real ones instead of prototypes or abandonned projects.

I'm ok with the guns, but not the vehicles: IMO they're ugly and it doesn't feel real - like it was in ArmA 2.

I'm ok with the rest but still DO think that those vehicles were a very bad move from BIS.

seriously, stuff off and dont presume to talk on my behalf again. the fact that i disagree with you only amplifies that sentiment. im quite impressed with the new releases and the state of the game and look forward to it getting even better.
All +1 to this.

Something has rushed this final month i dont know what it is but its undeniable

I saw this Jay Crowe on E3 "no longer half finished Arma will be released" ," it will work from the outset ", " its embarassment that thing dont work..quality not quantity." caveat words maybe not correct but sentiment is how ii read it etc etc

I thought this was Sensible in act most sensible i hear since OFP from a Developer , i then thought ok that justify no campaign it makes sese and he stick with words.

Most dissapointing for me is DNA who did excellent job on TOH i thought when he take lead in this A3 ,possible because of the "incident on real altis", but then i see these last 6 dev branch pure absolute Laziness in quality control , Spelling mistakes that cause 1 gigabyte arma.rpt , paths not correct , very tiny details that take less than 3 second in text editor but released , i hold head in hands to think hey -Nologs its great no spam , then you say hmm how can i feedback thats why in Dev branch , just fix syntax errors , then hey if you dont like it go stable , all bad signs for me abd i know this is not the behaviour of these people who shown there ethic on TOH and previous title .

so i proclaim here , something somewhere is rotten , many will say DayZ is loosing its customer base potential ,some will say ALTIS take too much resource ,some may even say recession finally hit Bohemia , whatever it is i hope they resolve it becuase this last month for me is symmetry with Arma1 era " we had no passion we just threw a few units and things in there ......."

My point of view from my experience , feel free to add your own but please refrain comment on my own words that reflect my experience because that is not Virtual that my friend is Reality .

Saddened to Core somebody or something entered the world of Arma these ast 6 weeks and it created something rotten , i hope they find it and release it out the back door

The whole "Altis is a masterpiece" thing I don't get. What good is a playground with crappy toys? Having the exact same turrets / weapons on every vehicle is not good at all. A lot of the rifles are just stupid looking and are piss poor. I had big hopes for ARMA 3 since it was announced. I am disappoint.

The toys are not crappy. The craftsmanship on the new vehicles and weapons is outstanding, save the few blemishes (ie, the kitbashed Nato soldier and the Kamaz). The configs are currently wonky, but that can (and hopefully will) be fixed.

I do not get why you think the rifles are "stupid looking" or "piss poor". Compared to the BI made weapons for Arma 2 (which, again, were slightly overhauled Armed Assault models, which in turn date back to 2004-2005 and were used in no less than FOUR releases without major changes.) the new weapons are outstanding in quality. The sounds are great too (Unfortunately, all explosions sounds are rubbish, but there my and BI's taste seem to diverge). We also have -finally- working 3D voices, at that. The weapons of good quality that were introduced with Arrowhead were purchased externally, and when they were released people complained too! (omg why does us army use scars they dont use scars omg - paraphrasing here, but you get the idea.)

BI at -no- point made hard promises are used deceptive marketing techniques to sell a different game than what we have in front of us now. They scrapped two years of work with the campaign, and presumeably a bunch of art assets went down the drain with that too. There's also another bunch that's not been put in because they were not up to standards (re the new QA they are enforcing. One victim of that seems to be the XM-25).

I am looking for a non-broken game, without half-assed features and assets. Arma was -full- of those, and because of that, and the other stupid niggles it had (movement, mouse lag, grenades, inventory, AI, performance, etc), none of my friends who play games (around 12) played it even after purchasing Arma 2 and/or Arrowhead.

For -once- I want them not to get into the game and spent a month biting their keyboards trying to not get killed while throwing grenades, or moving around a corner, or loosing a mission because the AI decided to collectively walk out in front of a parked shilka. I don't want to see shit like the "If your mission ever stops working, just restart it entirely :)" hints at the bottom of a loading screen. I don't want to see another manhattan, where a mission doesn't work and has obvious loose ends after 4 years of patching, I don't want to see another Queen's Gambit, where there's individual characters speaking with two different voice actors, or voice actors talking nonsensical lines, or generally buggy, broken, unfinished or wonky content.

This isn't 2004 and we're not in the age anymore where game companies can get away with producing things that don't work, and still get high marks. Also, do you think complaining on a forum is going to change anything at this point? The ultimate judge will be the press, and most people outside the reality sim community do not care about ten thousand different vehicles and guns, they care about a game they can enjoy learning and playing without the game booting them in the face every three minutes with something that doesn't work like you should expect it to work.

And to be honest, A3 has been cut down, and looking at the beta, I´m actually worried that they didn't cut enough fat. There are so many things that are still dodgy and in dire need of an overhaul that I could do away with that one jet and the missile artillery. Like the action menu. Or the attachment system. Or the armor system. Or the health system. Or the simulation of the bodyarmor.

Quantity does not have a special quality.

More choice when sacrificing quality will leave you with a ton of cheap plastic. If you like cheap plastic, more power to you. I'd rather stick with a few pieces of silver cutlery and enjoy the meal.

Nice list, but only a few things on it have been made by the 3D modelers. What have they been doing all the time?

Merkava, Namer, Namer RCV, Howitzer Turret, Black Eagle (2 Variants, one scrapped), MLRS turret (Doesn't really count because it's a copypaste), static weapons, Speedboat, M-ATV, Ifrit, Fennek, HEMMT, AMV, Marid, BTR-K, Gorgon (Doesn't really count either, Arma 2 ACR port.) AA-Turret, IR-Laser, Flashlight, MX (4x), F2000 (2x), KH-2002 (2x), XM-25, GLs (3x), Tavor (2x), M-14, Negev, LSAT LMG, P-07, 1911, Russian Pistol of power of steel, Scorpion, Vector, PDW, Titan (2x), RPG-32, NLAW (poss. BAF port?), Nato Uniform (3x, BAF kitbash), Greenfor Uniform (2x at this point), CSAT Uniform (2x), Blufor Helmets (3x so far), Greenfor Helmet, Opfor Helmets (2x), at least 6 diff. Civilian Clothes, Goggles, at least 4 additional gunsights that were scrapped along with the currently contained 9 + Irons, and I am not even continuing with the world assets...

I also think right now that the 3D modelers were hired at the start of the game, finished their work, and that there may actually be very few, if any, 3D modellers on staff? PMC had 1, afaik, and that was the last Arma related project.

They scrapped two years of work with the campaign, and presumeably a bunch of art assets went down the drain with that too.
This is a thing that the "what did BI do all these years" people should be realizing, not least since Joris and Jay outright said as much.
most people outside the reality sim community do not care about ten thousand different vehicles and guns, they care about a game they can enjoy learning and playing without the game booting them in the face every three minutes with something that doesn't work like you should expect it to work.
And thank gosh for BI catering to "most people outside the reality sim community" this time, in my case Arma 3 is the first Arma game that I can play non-"ironically".

Nice list, but only a few things on it have been made by the 3D modelers. What have they been doing all the time?

Another possibility could be that they made loads of 3D models but they weren't implemented into the game, it takes two to tango, 3D modellers do mostly just that, they don't for example implement them into the game.

I wouldn't be too quick to pull apart what none of us understand, BIS could have brought in loads of contractors to do lots of things, they could be just 5 people working on the game.

You never know who's fault it could be, the biggest problem BI have atm is definitely being overworked, too many projects and too little time (VBS 3 [mostprob], Take on Mars, Arma 3, DayZ standalone, Arma Tactics?) those are the ones we know about.

And this is with a small team, too much all too fast, their attention is all over the place.

Hopefully as time goes by they will be able to complete projects and refocus on other stuff, but it seems that they have been able to acquire a lot of money and all those projects they have wanted to do for a long time have now just surfaced, and clearly they can't keep up.

VBS isnt from BI but from bohemia interactive simulations. :)

(VBS 3 [mostprob]

BIS doesnt work on VBS3, BI SIM and BIS are 2 completely different companies.

The devs from both companies mix into both titles, agreed though that they have different core staff.

I'm mostly okay with the quality of the release content so far, what really bugs me however is the amount of content that's gonna be in the game according to the ArmA3 website in comparison to what was included in ArmA2 when it first launched in 2009, I would personally want more infantry weapon systems in different variations as well as civilian vehicles, I just don't think that the current amount is sufficient considering that ArmA is a military simulator.

Something has rushed this final month i dont know what it is but its undeniable

I saw this Jay Crowe on E3 "no longer half finished Arma will be released" ," it will work from the outset ", " its embarassment that thing dont work..quality not quantity." caveat words maybe not correct but sentiment is how ii read it etc etc

I thought this was Sensible in act most sensible i hear since OFP from a Developer , i then thought ok that justify no campaign it makes sese and he stick with words.

Most dissapointing for me is DNA who did excellent job on TOH i thought when he take lead in this A3 ,possible because of the "incident on real altis", but then i see these last 6 dev branch pure absolute Laziness in quality control , Spelling mistakes that cause 1 gigabyte arma.rpt , paths not correct , very tiny details that take less than 3 second in text editor but released , i hold head in hands to think hey -Nologs its great no spam , then you say hmm how can i feedback thats why in Dev branch , just fix syntax errors , then hey if you dont like it go stable , all bad signs for me abd i know this is not the behaviour of these people who shown there ethic on TOH and previous title .

so i proclaim here , something somewhere is rotten , many will say DayZ is loosing its customer base potential ,some will say ALTIS take too much resource ,some may even say recession finally hit Bohemia , whatever it is i hope they resolve it becuase this last month for me is symmetry with Arma1 era " we had no passion we just threw a few units and things in there ......."

My point of view from my experience , feel free to add your own but please refrain comment on my own words that reflect my experience because that is not Virtual that my friend is Reality .

Saddened to Core somebody or something entered the world of Arma these ast 6 weeks and it created something rotten , i hope they find it and release it out the back door

+1 My thoughts exactly.

I agree. I played Arma 2 here and there, found it clunky but still fun. Arma 3 is becoming an amazing milsim, it's still early, hell, it hasn't officially released yet so keep your cool. I've paid more for games that were 100X shite, even if Arma 3 hadn't turned out to be what I would consider a fantastic game, I'd still feel positive towards it. Give it time and give the community the time it'll require to release the addons that will put it over the top.

I agree. I played Arma 2 here and there, found it clunky but still fun. Arma 3 is becoming an amazing milsim, it's still early, hell, it hasn't officially released yet so keep your cool. I've paid more for games that were 100X shite, even if Arma 3 hadn't turned out to be what I would consider a fantastic game, I'd still feel positive towards it. Give it time and give the community the time it'll require to release the addons that will put it over the top.

I believe you, but have you preordered and played SimCity 2013? That was literally the biggest disaster in video gaming history. This game is approaching it... We will see at launch.

If bis made backwards comparability do able then kju can Finnish what he started and we would all win!! And all be happy

Altis alone is pretty much worth the 30$ i paid for ArmA3 but i hope BIS will redeem itself and start supporting AIA.

BIS didnt have to throw away A2 assets like that. They could have just improved on what they and the community made while the majority would still be happy.

I cant even blame BI for trying to do something different. I guess after dayz they doubled down releasing a3 asap.

I want to thank BIS for all their hard work and effort regardless.

I believe you, but have you preordered and played SimCity 2013? That was literally the biggest disaster in video gaming history. This game is approaching it... We will see at launch.

dont be so dramatic.

Disappointed? Never! I am so freaking happy that the new independent IFV has a full interior!

I've been playing the series since OFP, and I have to say that with A3 there was a huge leap forward. For the first time the game itself not feels clunky, and looks awesome. Obviously it needs a bit more of love and polish, and I think that the real Altis situation has affected a bit on the dev process.

You shouldn't be that hard with the devs, they couldn't have everything at the time of the release; but I'm sure they gonna work out everything in the next months ( campaign, correcting bugs, adding a few vehicles ). I would consider it like a extended beta.

Btw, with today's pack I'll be happy if they add variants of the actual vehicles ( Ghosthawk medevac, marshall hq, marshall ambulance, diff turrets, hatchback police car, armored mohawk, civilians clothes ), few planes and that would be it.

Yeah, mixed feelings about the full content over here too. I suppose I expected to be blown away just like I was when I first walked on Stratis after the Alpha release, and therefore it wouldn't seem fair to moan at the end result just because of my high expectations.

THAT BEING SAID, high expectations were to be had given the cool stuff we received and were shown over the last six months.

For my part, my biggest disappointment was regarding vehicle weapon variations:

For the Ifrit and Hunter (to only name those) with the GMG and HMG turrets, I thought vehicles would obtain the same level of customisation as weapons have with the new attachment system (i.e. vehicles have a turret port that welcomes several types of turrets). All those months I thought "it's coming later, it's just not fully implemented yet"... oh well, instead they chose to implement the turrets "hardcoded" onto the vehicle models.

Ironically, there is a great Code Optimisation BIKI article that sums this up quite well: "Written it twice? put it in a function". Why didn't BIS? :confused_o:

Still, this does not affect me too much as the missions I play online are mostly (if not exclusively) infantry based, with only a limited use of supply and weaponised vehicles. And infantry is where A3 improved most over A2 in my opinion.

However, I can't speak for people who like their ArmA more wheeled. And for people who like their ArmA more winged, eh... condolences :bigsmile:

All in all: expected a Bugatti, got a BMW, glad it wasn't a tricycle; I'm not one to ground my kid if he brings home an A instead of an A*.

Now there's much to visit, install and plan for on Altis! Just don't order the AI to drive you through it... :crazy:

For everyone who keeps saying how great altis is load the game and look at the mid range textures and your performance altis is good but not worth the cost of the game.

BIS doesnt work on VBS3, BI SIM and BIS are 2 completely different companies.

it is good business strategy to use "off the shelf" as much as you. look at time index 4:00-07 this is from 2011 and then the screen shot is from just offshore of stratis....I could care less about content I just wanted a scaling engine but now i just hope for stable :)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/1117175233116607633/5666A843A2DE7C984124587BF9B853E616873A1A/ (449 kB)

Just wondering, how many people would be happy if due to the lack of vehicles BI added a tuned and optimized version of the A2 vehicles ( c130, f35, osprey, blackhawk, hind, civilian stuff etc. ) It would be easier and faster than mod new vehicles, and would add lots content.

I must be one of the few that still prefers Cherno over Altis.

Not too impressed with this Arma 3, I just hope more content is released soon or I can see this game getting put back on the shelf.