Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

Keep in mind that the "Lite" argument pretty much comes down to MP compatibility... what we were paying for besides the campaigns was for said "MP compatible" content to not look and sound awful.

Exactly, heck, I actually like the idea of having the MP compatible "lite" DLCs (definitely would buy the full DLCs when released, as usual), and having the Lite DLCs does prevent the issue of Vanilla servers being stuck with the original content. (Sorry if that makes little sense).

Edited by HikaruM
Edited for a bit of clarity

This game has blood and tears in it. The content in Arma 2 had almost 8 years of dev time behind it, and what wasn't made already was ported from VBS wherever it could, or carried over from previous titles, or purchased from the community.

For example, the Scar rifles from OA were made originally for Armed Assault's ACE mod. I could go on, but this game is quite the contrary of what Arma was before.

Arma 2 was largely copy/paste content. This is not. None of the guns are recycled. None of the sights are recycled. Of the Unit models, only parts are recycled from previous Units (Shemaghs, Nato soldiers are revamped BAF Soldiers, some wreck types.), and all combat vehicles are new. The only completely recycled military vehicle is the Kamaz truck (which is a pre-Armed Assault asset and would represent the quality of the game if it had been A2 content all over again.).

Also, speak for yourself. The gall some people have to speak for the whole community out of their overly emotional black-and-white perceptions is making me get face twitches. Good, okay. What really is new?

Weapons attachments (Shittily implemented: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2766 but they -are- there.)

Changeable Uniforms, Vests, Goggles and Headgear. Decent system, haven't seen many complaints about it aside from the wonky bulletproof plate simulation.

New wounding system with potential to expand. Very unfortunate that this hasn't been fully expounded, but still better than the hacky module based system of A2 in my opinion.

New fatigue system based on gear carried. Has been castrated a bit, but it is still there, and it works just as well as the A2 system.

Improved backpack system to go with that, though the changes are minor, and we'll see if the realism community is satisfied with it or hack their own things in again.

Fully implemented projectile penetration across the board. Wooden boards will not catch 20mm AP rounds anymore and stop them.

Much improved AI behaviour (At least on my end.). Work isn't finished, but it works better than A2, at least in the current A2 iteration vs current A3.

Improved lighting system. Previously the game could simulate like 3 dynamic lights simultaneously. Now it can do dozens.

Improved dynamic Fog. Gamechanger, hands down.

Slightly revamped automatic targeting system + zeroing. Not what I'd like to see, but better than Arma 2's, and certainly better than nothing at all.

Massive amount of generic art assets for mission building, as well as increased amount of atmospheric animations. Also, generally backwards compatibility with A2 anims.

The most massive and lovingly built Island of the series so far (I like to imagine that this is what Nogova would've looked like if Resistance had been done today.).

Massive amount of modules to assist mission builders, improve mission building workflow as well as make entering the mission building community easier.

Functions Library to go along with that, and a config browser. Every time I see somebody ask for a classname on the forums I facepalm now, go into the game, open the config browser, find it yourself. It's all -there-. You can even take the configs themselves apart if you want to.

Improved postprocessing and general graphics functionality. Much improved configuration options. Expanded interface modularity. There is more to a game than tanks.

Three act campaign. It is coming, we do not know how well it'll be, but BI better had put up some decent steak if they make us wait. Again, unfortunate, but it is not like this game had the smoothest development ever.

Also the usually mentioned things, the scale of which is now diminished in the perceptions simply because they have been mentioned so often every time someone complained:

PhysX

2010 style movement system, dynamic mostly, still unfinished (re launchers lacking additional poses) but as far as core gameplay goes already a gamechanging and massive improvement.

You can now throw grenades!

So, there. No blood and tears? I don't think so.

totally agree with this, and also give to the dev team their time, they're really working hard, so hard and good, i believe arma 3 is better than arma 2, animations are way better, graphics related to the performance are unbelievable for an arma game, and also: arma 2 alone when deployed didn't had lot of things, it was richer than a3 but not so much

It's great to be reading positive posts, I can't believe I only paid €25 for the game so far. As far as I am concerned after 100+ hours of gameplay so far (single player) Bis may have my wallet if they bring more variety in terms of weapon classes and vehicles. It's great too see posters on here who are real vets, posters who trust in the development process and dedication of the Bis team. Furthermore, with most games and I mean most games having a 30 hour play through time I think via the editor alone I have got my money's worth. I am a fanboy of this game and DCS and possibly Takedown because each Dev makes real games with depth. Not these boxed off kill zones, with over frantic mindless anarchy and bonus unlock hierarchies, that cost €59 bucks, and taste great at the start, but like a takeout leaves you feeling fat. But back on point, if your disappointed be patient, this may take another year to realise itself.

Exactly, heck, I actually like the idea of having the MP compatible "lite" DLCs (definitely would buy the full DLCs when released, as usual), and having the Lite DLCs does prevent the issue of Vanilla servers being stuck with the original content. (Sorry if that makes little sense).
Mind you, I recall hearing/seeing that the "Lite" content was in fact quite awful... :p but right now it's still a quality difference that's noticeable compared to A2/OA content and I've even brought it up in discussing DayZ to interested people ("A2/OA required, BAF can make the L85A2 RIS Holo look/sound better, PMC can make Survivors look better").

Considering that I think that BI got "scared off" of regular paid DLCs (resulting in the Lites) because of backlash here against the idea of paid DLC :rolleyes: I think that it will be interesting to see how BI does paid content this time around...

I think BIS will use CIV5 model: 1 title with many (engine, and features, improved) DLCs.

My view on the Lite versions - well, more a guess - is that they will have to exist if for no other reason than the fact that Bohemia will roll out content and new features for testing purposes on the dev branch. Or they may not at all...

But yeah, I think the previous policy on Lite versions will continue. :)

Problem is, I don't remember those DLCs selling that well specifically because they weren't required for MP compatibility. :p

Problem is, I don't remember those DLCs selling that well specifically because they weren't required for MP compatibility. :p

The only DLC I didn't buy was the ACR. Not saying they didn't sell well or they did sell well but the majority of people I play with brought them.

Remember BAS? Tonali? Fast roping, the MH-6 Littlebird, UH-60 and its various versions... community...
Tonal......:inlove:

I've never felt more immersed in a game ever than my days in Tonal.

You're welcome, by the way :)

Tonal......:inlove:

I've never felt more immersed in a game ever than my days in Tonal.

Created by some great friends of mine... Two Tizzies, TJ & Fer, with some honorary Tizzies, Katerina, DeadMeat, Tigershark, etc.. (DM and TS who I sometimes get together with in FARPs games along with the Mission design mastermind Fer)

Our clan has long held BIS near to our hearts... we were saddened by gameplay and performance in ARMA.. not too happy with ARMA2 until the last 18 months or so... and thoroughly pleased with gameplay and performance in ARMA3. Altis is gorgeous, and we have guys like our beloved Nedfox playing on a 32bit 4GB max ram machine, and his settings are ULTRA.

*in the sports hatch, scared as hell, screamin down the blacktop at 320kmh watchin the guide-post whiz by*

W H A T A B U Z Z !

For the money I paid, this is a fuckin bargain.

Just need the mod tools and I'll be in heaven.

..... as for the rest of ya's, go hard or go home :D LOL

Well hats off to all you Gents :cheers:

Glad your still around and I'll be starting a beer drive for Tonal port shortly.

@Gnat: for the total rush spawn 50 of those guys around you with Full speed waypoints and run for your life.

You're welcome, by the way :)

There's a Tizzie friend right there... hope to see in some ARMA3 FARPs since Fer has been busy with F3 and hoping to have some raging battles shortly after release day....

See you on the battlefield soon DeadMeat.

Since this is dedicated to our thoughts on content..

Dear BIS, Thanks for the opportunity to get the game for only $30...... It makes the complete LACK of content bearable......

Even though would be a first for BI imo they should redesign at least some of the current content.Like I said many pages ago the content is pretty good number size(exception fighter jets),the problem seems to be the C&P between factions.

I wanted to add that in A2 and past games the c&p made sense and was logical,for example eastern factions used cold war equipment so it wasn't a big deal seeing a BMP2 or T72 in many factions.

In A3 it simply doesn't have any sense that 2 100% opposite factions are sharing assets,it's like NATO said "k we designed this kickass UGV,you iranian guys want a few hundreds of these things?".That's like US selling MQ9 to N. Korea.

Dear BIS, Thanks for the opportunity to get the game for only $30...... It makes the complete LACK of content bearable......

There is plenty of content in the game and you know there is.

Ha when I bought it I was like 30 Dollars? For a complete ArmA game? There has to be a catch to it...

Well now we know the "catch" -_-

I'm disappointed with the amount of stuff available as wel. therefor, I think that BIS should do the same as they did with the Arma 3 Buzzard;

XfspB5ol.jpg

Improve the model here and there, update the config and add some nice textures. :)

I am disappoint in final release, I love all the things except those fucking cluster bullshit mine from arty that I do nothing but step on all day long in MP games because some tincan camper wants to sit at the top of the board while contributing Fuck All to the team.

So please BIS, get those extra CAS jets out so they can be bombed into the dark ages. Hell, I will even Laz them for the opfor team if that helps.

The Buzzard should be available to all three factions as a placeholder at least, then just set the NATO and CSAT classes to protected scope later on if need be. But seeing as the L-159 is a Czech aircraft and Czech Republic is part of NATO, it should stay bluefor anyways.

i just don't understand, why so many say: lack of content? What everyone is missing in arma 3? The both blue and red jets will come a bit later with campaign, for free.

diversity ! is missing . the same weapon stations on all sides . the same 30 mm turret on red and green , the same titan launcher by all- the same stationary mg by all- the same MBT chassis an mbt AA and Arty on blue - the same MBT chassis for mbt aa arty on red . the same turret from arty and aa on blue and red ..... more ? the same boats on all sides - the same the same the same ..... this is the main point from the disaster

for me it`s the non nato tank on nato side, the otherthing ... as a option ok . alone never ..... we has more as 7 mainbattle tanks in the nato and the main are the m1 ( ok we have it alle the time in arma ) and the leopard in this many versions . - i hope green ( greek side ) will give it leopart a5 hell and the pzh2000 arty later .

we have more than 5 copters with anti tank capability in the nato. and we have only a anti air comanche ^^ and the east side have a flying wonder battleship with huge cargo options ....

Edited by JgBtl292

diversity ! is missing . the same weapon stations on all sides . the same 30 mm turret on red and green , the same titan launcher by all- the same stationary mg by all- the same MBT chassis an mbt AA and Arty on blue - the same MBT chassis for mbt aa arty on red . the same turret from arty and aa on blue and red ..... more ? the same boats on all sides - the same the same the same ..... this is the main point from the disaster

Exactly. Im already very disappointed that ArmA 3 will have the fewest vehicles of any ArmA release, but I could accept that if we had diversity.

But lazy copy & pasting of turrets and other vehicle parts to create new ones? No, that is unacceptable. Every ArmA release had clearly distinguishable factions, which was a huge factor of immersion.

Imagine Operation Flashpoint, with no T-80 or T-72 tanks. Instead Soviet Abrams! Oh I can hear the fanboys screaming "BUT ITS THE FUTURE!!!!". Yeah come on. Even in 2030 thats not going to happen.

at first i was hoping it was going to get a wider array of weapons considering what arma 2 ended up with but i guess we'll just have to wait for expansions. vehicle list is a bit skimpy aswell. 1 tank each doesn't leave much room for various situations, what i mean is, it'll always be them 2 going up against each other, no others to mix it up. arma 2 had a decent array of armor from the t-34 all the way up to the t-90. and the m1a1 etc etc. in the end it took a bunch of expansion content to get arma 2 into the shape it ended up in.

i dunno i'm not complaining, so far i feel happy with whats in the latest dev release, it'll be nice when theres a campaign to chew through.