Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

which version?

VBS2 v2.0 is VBS2 v1.x ported to the Real Virtuality 3 game engine, which is the game engine behind the ArmA2 and ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead computer games.

I like this part about 64bit...remember VBS2 2.0 is based on RV3....

http://products.bisimulations.com/products/vbs2

Oh ouch, and people were pissed that VBS2 got rotorlib, better FLIR, fire from vehicles, and the ability to walk in vehicles, now their going to be even more upset.

Oh ouch, and people were pissed that VBS2 got rotorlib, better FLIR, fire from vehicles, and the ability to walk in vehicles, now their going to be even more upset.

Yeah cuz people should compare a thousands of dollars military training tool to a game that costs less than one hundred...

Yeah cuz people should compare a thousands of dollars military training tool to a game that costs less than one hundred...

Oh but they do it every day and to some degree I think they are right. Personally my only gripe is rotorlib from TKOH, it doesn't make sense to me to have games and not introduce their features into the flagship.

But the various enhancements of TKOH in general were ignored, for example;

The in engine built interaction system, the extra air aircraft audio (such as hearing sound when you land), the pilot animations (they got the cyclic but why not collective and pedals?), the radio (big missed opportunity to add these to vehicles so you could listen to some tunes while driving). And of course, fast roping, which was the focus of one mission in TKOH, that didn't even use physX was ignored entirerly for A3 despite being a BEGGED for feature for years.

Moving on vehicles is semi possible now and supposedly is being pursued for A3, the FLIR..is..hm...its perfect IMO until a few seconds in when it decontrasts itself but I've been over this more times than I care to, its never going to change. (I will happily eat my words if it does)

For everything else I can't really blame people for being upset that features that were virtually begged for around lots of years and several iterations only to see it go to the high price product

Edited by NodUnit

which version?

VBS2 v2.0 is VBS2 v1.x ported to the Real Virtuality 3 game engine, which is the game engine behind the ArmA2 and ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead computer games.

I like this part about 64bit...remember VBS2 2.0 is based on RV3....

http://products.bisimulations.com/products/vbs2

yep, I run the 64bit VBS2 and guess what -Arma 3 runs better.....go figure...

yep, I run the 64bit VBS2 and guess what -Arma 3 runs better.....go figure...

Probably the difference between RV3 and RV4.

We need Modders to create for us all VBS's wonderful features and then have those features added to the base game.

We need Modders to create for us all VBS's wonderful features and then have those features added to the base game.

Mod'ers can't modify base RV engine code ..........

I'm just waiting to see how much content/how many features we get post-release in the form of FREE patches. That will make or break this title for me (though I'm sure the community will do it justice, I'm sick of having to download 20 mods to get the game to the level it should have been in the first place).

Where's the like button?

I agree 100%.

'we want to be even more careful than in the past not to fracture the community with expansion and or DLCs'

Difficult with paid DLC, oh no i forgot we will have the horrible light versions.:yay:

Gnat;2502409']Mod'ers can't modify base RV engine code ..........

true Gnat but i have faith in you...i have watched some of your videos :) i know you can get us up to 64bit and full parallel processing in shall we say....2 weeks? ;)

true Gnat but i have faith in you...i have watched some of your videos :) i know you can get us up to 64bit and full parallel processing in shall we say....2 weeks? ;)

Don't forget to ask TOH flight modeling, 3D editor, etc.

Gnat, provide and I will pay you 1000€ from my pocket, right here right now! Here, take my money!

(ya... I can always wish ;) )

misty I am not sure if your are naive or just a zealot at this point.....where do you think the entire underwater environment came from? and from a business stand point it makes NO sense to not have 64bit for arma 3 as well as it most certainly alleviate some very long standing performance issue's.

Gnat;2502409']Mod'ers can't modify base RV engine code ..........

They cannot yet...

misty I am not sure if your are naive or just a zealot at this point.....where do you think the entire underwater environment came from? and from a business stand point it makes NO sense to not have 64bit for arma 3 as well as it most certainly alleviate some very long standing performance issue's.

It makes no sense to soak up tens of thousands work hours into coding the engine 64-bit capable, when you you can not prove without doubt that it will increase the sales to make up for the changes.

Even if you come out even with the increased sales, you could have used the time to sell an expansion pack which is practically free money with the existing technology.

It makes no sense to soak up tens of thousands work hours into coding the engine 64-bit capable, when you you can not prove without doubt that it will increase the sales to make up for the changes.

Even if you come out even with the increased sales, you could have used the time to sell an expansion pack which is practically free money with the existing technology.

But BIS has to start doing it some day, or Arma 8 will still be 32 bit... They had the time, they just wanted to scrap everything and lose valuable workhours.

This is 2013 and Arma 3, not 90's and Poseidon.

we need Devs that to fix all ARMA 3 base game

we need Devs that to fix all ARMA 3 base game

Fix the base game to be more like VBS.

sorry mate but you have to invest in the future or get left behind if not the BF franchise would still be using the exact same engine they did with 1942. I had to chuckle a little when i read that bis had sent there game of to be reviewed and see what the reviewers thought of this as a "future platform" how can a game that cant even use 2 core effectively be considered "future" and speaking of "future platforms" 2 of the biggest names in gaming (sony,microsoft) have shown us what the future platform is....its hex core proc's with low clock speeds necessitating the need for future engine/games be written to utilize multi cores in parallel.

i just noticed that 350+ page PDF content you can buy.... really?????? im pretttttyyyy sure someone can simply just re-upload it into a download for free and whip it into an addon lol

no one would know.

also its 350 odd pages how to play the game basically lol

technically BIS that should be free IMHO

i just noticed that 350+ page PDF content you can buy.... really?????? im pretttttyyyy sure someone can simply just re-upload it into a download for free and whip it into an addon lol

no one would know.

also its 350 odd pages how to play the game basically lol

technically BIS that should be free IMHO

sorry mate, your wrong.. its 350 pages of everything you have to do to get playable frame rates in MP ;) tweaks,tunes,on,off types of animals sacrifices you will have to perform ...etc :)

^^^

And you have to pay nearly 8 euros/£6.50 for the privilege (it's now available as a standalone download), Dslyexci's last one for Arma2 was for free!!

I think this is way overpriced.

Fix the base game to be more like VBS.

Oh yeah, so you can fly around Sahrani at average 15 fps with only 30 AI and Arm1 graphics? Oh yeah, and that is 64 bit exe ;)

For the price I paid for VBS2 -you guys never had it so good with your $30 Arma3 goodyness. And FYI, they'd ignore your complaints like you never imagined on their forums.....*crickets meet tumbleweed*

sorry mate, your wrong.. its 350 pages of everything you have to do to get playable frame rates in MP ;) tweaks,tunes,on,off types of animals sacrifices you will have to perform ...etc :)
It has 174 pages. Do you know how much time it takes to write such a big guide?

From what I've read of my copy of the guide, some of it is what the poor excuse for an Arma 3 manual (or rather, installation and setup guide + EULA) should have included to teach new players, and most of it is in-depth "how to conduct yourself in Dyslexic's Shacktac clan" just like in the guide's free Arma 2 counterpart. The content concentrating on the latter has very little relevance on what the game (and especially its AI) is actually like. I don't feel it offers much in the way of PvP tactics either.

Edited by Celery

The content concentrating on the latter has very little relevance on what the game (and especially its AI) is actually like. I don't feel it offers much in the way of PvP tactics either.

As much as I appreciate and like the advancement in AI, writing a guide about them is like trying to coordinate a stadium full of drunk schizophrenics to do the wave on cue.