Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

One more time, because apparently some people did't get it: stick to the topic at hand and take any off-topic discussions either to PM or to a more appropriate thread.

Any further derailing will be met with infractions and thread-bans.

Since every release Arma 1 on, there have been countless analogies of these games as burgers and cars -I'm not kidding EVERY one. Games are games and burgers are burgers. Games always have bugs and are expected while burgers rarely do and twould be nasty. A Ferrari is an $70,000 item so that's just silly for obvious reasons.

Any and all content and technology discussed during pre-release had the disclaimer: MAY NOT BE IN FINAL GAME. The game was released yesterday and looking at Steam's site I don't see any claims that the product is advertising that is not true ie..not shipped with Campaign etc...

have anyone seen the CEO's report in...? this sounds promising and raises hope for the game.

the fact they have ideas of DLC already is kind of impressive but I would like them to get arma 3 at a higher level first.

There's the idea crossing that perhaps BI should have delayed the release of the full game, until all stated and "suggested" promisses were finished to a minimum of quality as set by BI. And i could absolutely relate to this option, but...

BI would then be missing the release day of 12th September, instead it does not miss the date but misses the schedule of some of the stated promisses. What would be worse?

I wonder what exacly would be the reaction in the forums if that was the case, would it lead to more or less outrage? As a costumer knowing this product only through the Steam store, what would make one more frustrated? (Thinking of those who bought into alpha/beta after the release day was advertised)

Now, in regards to the continued development of Arma 3, this would not make any significant difference: in both circumstances BI would still keep it's development until considered finnished, specially the stated promises.

THEREFORE the release day is a mere formality in a franchise such as Arma 3, but for the fact that do exist some commercial commitments associated with it. Compare this with any other franchise were the players are dumped as soon as the money has transfered hands.

I think it is unfair to Bohemia (and even ourselves) for a good deal of us in this forum to pretend that Bohemia will not heed to it's promises, as if that did not happen in the past, as if Bohemia did not deserve the benefit of doubt. And if this is somehow easy to expect from some of the newcomers, which could not know better, this is specially surprising for those veterans around which do know better but reveal the level of restraint of the former.

And am I just imagining things and no one fits these categories, WHY all the fuss, WHAT is the rush?

"I want it all, I want it all, 'n I want it NAO"? I am assuming more maturity than this stance would suggest in these forums. Should I not?

Edited by gammadust

"I want it all, I want it all, 'n I want it NAO"? I am assuming more maturity than this stance would suggest in these forums. Should I not?

That argument doesnt work. We. Paid. Money. People who buy it now pay even more money. They are customers. But for 60$ they get a castrated game. The "Hey but SURELY missing content will be added at somepoint!" doesnt work in the free market.

BIS should have delayed.

Why they released it now?

To not be burried by GTA5, BF4, COD (I really don't know what the number is anymore), next gen consoles and more.

Just a little spot on the sun while there is sun and the internet isn't swimming on it's own cum after GTA. Gross right?

@ Fulcrum90

and your argument is self-defeating, because those who paid earlier would in that case be castrated by the very same token. (did you read all my post?)

Plans never go accordingly. Perfection does not exist! Only it's drive which culminates exacly in understanding this, from then forward, all is contingency.

I think it would be fair to say we the people who paid for the game before it's release, we didn't know exactly what was gonna be in the final release, so we did it in base of our own expectations ( some bigger some smaller ). Would be some kind of invest, an as all investors know, you may win or lose.

At least, I don't remember signing any specific list with the final release features. I think ( personal opinion ) that BI has done its best to give us quality content, and after all the final release it's quite a consistent game ( compared to previous Arma it's more stable ).

It could have more content? Indeed, in fact it has even been said by BI that they were expecting to deliver more on day one, but as they couldn't they will deliver it in the next months ( mainly the campaign ).

So I feel unfair people that claim a lot of features as if BI has scam us. Because though there were suggested or even some promised, they were not in the contract we signed ( pushed "accept" ) when we bought the game.

BIS said you will get this and this and that in ArmA3. You buy it. None of that is in it. Then only months after you bought it they come clean and say it will not be in the game. How's that not a misleading advertising?

I was told by BIS that among many improvements it will have advanced medic system, TOH flight model, encumbrance and that nothing will be cut out when talking about features (and aiming deadzone in particular which is completely unplayable now but issue is marked as resolved by BI). Obviously none of that will happen and Marek is already talking about the paid DLC. I personally must be really happy I got nothing I was told I will get?

BIS said you will get this and this and that in ArmA3. You buy it. None of that is in it. Then only months after you bought it they come clean and say it will not be in the game. How's that not a misleading advertising?

Then complain to valve, get a refund, and leave the rest of us in peace?

Then complain to valve, get a refund, and leave the rest of us in peace?

As always I don't agree how you say things. But this time, I must say that I'm a bit agree with your point.

I mean: If someone is feeling really disappointed, even thinking that he has been scammed. I don't see the point to keep everyday making complains in the games forums. Because as far as I know, it's not gonna change anything and it will only escalate to arguments or worse.

Edited by MistyRonin
Orthography ( my sin )

I was told by BIS that among many improvements it will have advanced medic system, TOH flight model, encumbrance and that nothing will be cut out when talking about features (and aiming deadzone in particular which is completely unplayable now but issue is marked as resolved by BI). Obviously none of that will happen and Marek is already talking about the paid DLC. I personally must be really happy I got nothing I was told I will get?

Some of these decisions I also find quite weird. Does anybody still have screenshots of the alpha / beta / final signup page and the features/content that was promised for the several stages?

This resulted in a couple of experiments, even along the lines of Arma meets aliens.

You should be happy we didn't get that.

From the interview that MistyRonin posted

"That’s a lot to look forward to! How about the Arma 2 content library? Will there be some form of backwards compatibility?

Originally, we had an idea that was similar to Take On Rearmed. Unfortunately, upgrading the Arma 2 massive content library to Arma 3 standards is beyond what we can do in reasonable time. So instead, what we are going to do will be similar to Arma 1: we are going to release the entire Arma 2 library to the community and allow them create any derivative work within Arma 3. More details will be announced very soon."

Can certain people now knock the lack of content nonsense on the head now?

Maybe instead of unhappy or mislead, you could lay your weight under the (reasonable) assumption that your expectations could still be fulfilled if you pressure your standing in this forum in a more positive minded way? Apart of that ask for refund, but make sure to introspect and figure how "contractual" can you make of those perceived promisses to make a winning case.

Gentlemen, could you please stop generalizing and using "get a refund" argument.

Yes, I'm very disappointed what Arma 3 is right now. No, I'm not going to ask for a refund! I know BIS is going to deliver *some* more features and keep polishing it (and when ACE is released, it will improve the rest what BIS didn't want to do). I'm disappointed because I bought it before they canceled some critical features I wanted, and I know BIS is not going to include those. I'm also disappointed that I get the actual full version & necessary bug fixes / community made mods to fix all this x months from now. Heck, Arma 3 could be on -75% by then... I bought it so I can play it 24/7 when it's released. Heck, I even cleared my schedule for this... Now I have nothing to do except being disappointed... :P

Gentlemen, could you please stop generalizing and using "get a refund" argument.

Yes, I'm very disappointed what Arma 3 is right now. No, I'm not going to ask for a refund! I know BIS is going to deliver *some* more features and keep polishing it (and when ACE is released, it will improve the rest what BIS didn't want to do). I'm disappointed because I bought it before they canceled some critical features I wanted, and I know BIS is not going to include those. I'm also disappointed that I get the actual full version & necessary bug fixes / community made mods to fix all this x months from now. Heck, Arma 3 could be on -75% by then... I bought it so I can play it 24/7 when it's released. Heck, I even cleared my schedule for this... Now I have nothing to do except being disappointed... :P

Boo hoo

If they didn't do the Alpha, Beta and release now and held off till whenever to get the game to state that you would be happy with would that please you?

You know what pleases me? Being able to play a game early while it's still in development and not having to wait ages and ages for the game to be released.

Could the full release been better? sure it could.

Am I happy with what I do have? damn tooting, and most of the people I play with are the same.

The only negativity I've seen has been on these forums. Same as every game ever released whine, complain, melodramatic.

I am glad they went for quality over quantity and focussed on the infantry aspect in the initial release, but I can't see harm in including old content to please the crowd.

Very excited to see A3 being opened up as a platform for paid projects! This should hopefully make ambitious conversions like iron front less shambolic.

Boo hoo

Thank's for showing how immature you are...

If they didn't do the Alpha, Beta and release now and held off till whenever to get the game to state that you would be happy with would that please you?

As long as they inform it in advance so I can re-arrange my schedule, I have no problems with it. It's not like it's their first time they're going to miss their release date...

Am I happy with what I do have? damn tooting, and most of the people I play with are the same.

It's probably because we have different expectations. I guess you don't need 3D editor, better flight modeling or properly working MBT's..? Good for you.

Thank's for showing how immature you are...

As long as they inform it in advance so I can re-arrange my schedule, I have no problems with it. It's not like it's their first time they're going to miss their release date...

It's probably because we have different expectations. I guess you don't need 3D editor, better flight modeling or properly working MBT's..? Good for you.

Sorry, I should have started with cry me a river.

I'll ask BI to sync with your outlook calendar so they can check when you're free so they can release ARMA 4.

No I don't NEED those things to be entertained and happy with the game.

Would they be nice, sure but I can play the game with them as I don't NEED them.

Sorry, I should have started with cry me a river.

I'll ask BI to sync with your outlook calendar so they can check when you're free so they can release ARMA 4.

No I don't NEED those things to be entertained and happy with the game.

Would they be nice, sure but I can play the game with them as I don't NEED them.

You truly are one little [insert couple of sentences that would give me a ban]. I clearly said I can re-schedule my own calendar. It's not my fault if you don't need those features BIS originally promised. I need. Have been waiting them since OFP 1.0. So keep playing the way you play and stop criticizing those who play differently.

Edited by Gekkibi
Typo correction.

This is what happens when BIS developers talk to the community I guess, the things they said they would like to do get seen as promises. I have no trouble at all understanding why games are made in isolation from the communities :)