Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

What makes you think BI will be around to develop an Arma4?

What they've done is a serious catastrophe, they probably won't stay in business, especially if they spent a lot of money developing this.

Why do I only see the new people being so annoying. You all just made an account to whine and moan?

Must say, a bit taken back there's nothing new, apart from the Showcases, upon release. The only thing I got today was some new glitches I had to report.

Why do I only see the new people being so annoying. You all just made an account to whine and moan?

I'm not new, i've played the series from OFP to now and must say i'm annoyed. The bonus is the game looks fantastic and the inclusion of features such as the new physics engine and load-outs make it a excellent step forwards. What i'm annoyed about is as most people the lack of ingame content compared to the previous series, the lack of unique units (everyone seems to have the same gear) and the fact that the campaign isn't going to be out for another month. Whoever was in charge of providing in game content must have been working part time and even then had the shits and called in sick.

This combined with Rome 2 have made this week the most disappointing since I bought Aliens: Colonial Marines back in February.

I'd be a bit more forgivable but I am still having lag issues when viewing down scope and considering we gave you our money before the game was finished!

As someone said before if you could give me Arma2/OA with this engine then I would be a happy chappy. My verdict at present is 5/10 which i hope is set to improve

I'm not new, i've played the series from OFP to now and must say i'm annoyed. The bonus is the game looks fantastic and the inclusion of features such as the new physics engine and load-outs make it a excellent step forwards. What i'm annoyed about is as most people the lack of ingame content compared to the previous series, the lack of unique units (everyone seems to have the same gear) and the fact that the campaign isn't going to be out for another month. Whoever was in charge of providing in game content must have been working part time and even then had the shits and called in sick.

This combined with Rome 2 have made this week the most disappointing since I bought Aliens: Colonial Marines back in February.

I'd be a bit more forgivable but I am still having lag issues when viewing down scope and considering we gave you our money before the game was finished!

As someone said before if you could give me Arma2/OA with this engine then I would be a happy chappy. My verdict at present is 5/10 which i hope is set to improve

+1, im also very disappointed with rome2 and seems to be the same story: release game bugged/unfinished make it playable over the next couple of months by patches..

Performance issues aside (of which I don't have as much probably because my machine is good enough)

ARMA 3 is actually much more refined then any of their previous title thanks to extensive beta testing, but I fear this is also in part due to a lots of things being drop.

Is that for real?? One single JET on ARMA3?? I JUST CANT BELIEVE MY EYES!

Guys, i'm sorry but i'm am very very sad when i just installed final version and i saw only one JET in the entire game.

I mean, Arma 2 had several jets, 2 transport aircraft, the harrier....

I play CTI mode, without transport planes, there is no point, especially in Altis!

I want to cry! Thats it!

Idled here for so many years, but now I had to come back and say I'm very disappointed.

I decided to purchase the alpha because I was foolish and believed the pre alpha PR. We saw footage of 3D editor, mentions of TKOH flight modeling (direct quotes from the devs can be found on this forum as well), and so on. I can still remember (but not where it was mentioned. E3 interview, maybe?) that [all?] ground vehicles will have 3D cockpits.

As a virtual tanker I knew the tanks will simply, well, suck before ACE is released. But I expected to finally have sweet virtual cockpits with PIP cameras (my most wanted feature of Arma 2 was a reverse camera) and small viewports where you could peek around.

Well, at least I learned a valuable lesson that I should never believe PR BS, even from BIS. I thought BIS != typical AAA company.

I have a bitter taste in my mouth, and it's not going away in the near future. T-100 lacks coax machinegun, the overall quality of Altis is pitiful (good example: just check the taxi-ways on the intl airport), and so much more.

Guys, i'm sorry but i'm am very very sad when i just installed final version and i saw only one JET in the entire game.

I mean, Arma 2 had several jets, 2 transport aircraft, the harrier....

I play CTI mode, without transport planes, there is no point, especially in Altis!

I want to cry! Thats it!

This has been known for eons. Your not adding anything the conversation mate. 2 CAS are also coming just in case you didn't know.

Simply I have to say, yes I'm disappointed!

Before someone complains, that I just created an account to whine: NO!

I'm reading in the forum since Arma but simply never created an account, I didn't created this account for the purpose of complaining but since I have it now I feel the need to try to express my feelings. Please take my word, as I feel in the current situation the community is in, I already have to justify my position to write this post.

I own /owned every Game Military Sim from BIS, I even bought some games twice to have the Steam and Retail version and I bought the Supporters Edition on the first day. BIS made a lot of money with me. I was extremely happy with the Alpha as it seemed everything has changed, I was running way better than ARMA 1 and 2 and it looked great, the overall quality definitely improved! But I consider this as part of the normal evolution of the technics involved in game development. What I really liked was the implementation of some ACE like features.

The problem with this release is that its the same like every other ARMA game, it seems to become a tradition with BIS to release unfinished games.

In ARMA 1 and 2 it was mainly engine issues. They managed to improve their engine and keep the problems way smaller then in previous releases, but this time it's a content issue. And yes this bothers me but what really makes me angry is that BIS don't seem to learn and put unfinished games to the market.

As for the content issue I love ARMA for the Community and that BIS provides the tools to create user generated content, but that is no excuse to release the game in this state. I feel let down by BIS for paying 70€ in advance, yes nobody forced my to and at this point I was happy to pay that much money to BIS.

But now I feel like a disappointed parent, I still love BIS but I needed to get my feelings out of the way and want them to know.

As much as I'd like to see new content soon what I really like to see is a proper official statement from BIS on the current situation, BIS was always open to the Community. Please keep it that way and talk to us Arma fans!

Thanks for reading,

Phluxus

This has been known for eons. Your not adding anything the conversation mate. 2 CAS are also coming just in case you didn't know.

The thing is: they are behind with content. They could at least put some of the same planes of A2 on A3.

You're missing one very crucial piece... it's an ArmA2 port.

And the 'two new jets' if one of them is the F-35, that'll be a port too.

You're missing one very crucial piece... it's an ArmA2 port.

And the 'two new jets' if one of them is the F-35, that'll be a port too.

Can you confirm that rather than just saying they look the same?

Great news, but what about transport aircraft like the MV-22 or C130? Any news on that?

I can't imagine playing on Altis without them, seriously!

They have been issuing statements on 'the current situation', you ought to have been able to have seen them if you were reading the boards before you registered.

There's a V-22 wreck object. :P The C-130 though... other than a glimpse of it possibly returning under the name C-192 (I'm hearing that designation is in the Tactical Guide?) no dice yet.

Buy into Arma 3 now and you’re buying into many promises. Bohemia’s pledge of a coherent campaign, its promise of a wider array of military toys to play with, and its intent to tweak and update AI errors, scripting issues, and pathfinding problems. But these promises are backed up by thousands of the world’s most dedicated players, people who’ve spent years crawling through Arma 2’s rough terrain to find the comparatively even ground of Arma 3. Buying Arma 3 at launch is buying a promise, then, but few games are so meticulously realised, or show so much promise.

I agree with this magazine analysis, A3 may be a bit disappointing right now, but it has so much potential.

This has been known for eons.
They have been issuing statements on 'the current situation', you ought to have been able to have seen them if you were reading the boards before you registered.

you guys have to appreciate that some people might not have been following the development so closely

Super game! Thank bohemia for its creation!

But I, my friends and friendly community Armagh disappointed release ... Very much hoping that will add all the remaining equipment and much more, but alas ...

I apologize in advance for my English, because I write through the translator.

kinda disappointed they didn't add any MP missions. when people complain about MP performance, they like to blame it on "poorly scripted missions". well what choice do we have?

ArmA3 ehhh... It's build on broken promises. We have seen numerous screens of units that would appear at full relase yet they are not there. Poor desicions such as moving FIA into blufor for whatever reason, probably campaign that won't come out till next month or two. No editor improvments other than more modules, whats that youwanted a briefing editor? here is a module, you want some mission templates? Here is a module, what's that you wan't built in unit Loadout? Whelp... can't help you whit that.

I got almost 4gb update today that added nothing diffrent from devbranch, nothing.

This is a fucking joke. I hope the reviews are kinder because I'm not. For me arma is a 6.5/10 at it's current state.

No Units shown were promised, we have confirmation that the campaign scrapping (ie, 2 years of work having to be binned) resulted in many Units being cut, reshuffled and/or redesigned. The F-35 was just a placeholder to show off the new clouds, and I wouldn't have liked it anyway since it would've been another copypaste from the pre-armed assault era. (The model dates from as early as 2004).

The only thing that miffs me is complete absence of females, and some of the vehicle related bugs, as well as the missing/misconfigured/broken uniforms/headgear.

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/screenshots/News/19240/23

These are screenshots from as late as 2005, for game 2 (OFP2 prior to Codies nicking the brand). Pretty much -all- vehicles shown there were used and re-used over the course of at least 3 games, and 4 Addons. There are press article scans from that era that also show the F-35, the C-130 and some other craft. I am happy that none of these aeons old models have made it back, they had their place, and they should make room for new ones.

Edited by InstaGoat

Sorry, but I am sort of annoyed with the vehicles that got released also.

One jet is a bit silly, there could of at least of been a CSAT opponent so we can have some dogfights.

Very disappointed (Never imagined I would be saying this with a BI game!) :(

Today's release seems more like a beta update for me. I guess I will just have to wait. :/

Edited by hetsar

They have been issuing statements on 'the current situation', you ought to have been able to have seen them if you were reading the boards before you registered

Cloud you please give me a link to that? This should be a serious question and not any kind of mockery, I simply couldn't find it.

And by Statement I mean a proper open letter of some sort and not single posts in the development branch discussion thread etc. as like someone else pointed out, I don't have the time to read through hundreds of pages.

I expect that to be a top sticky post, on the main website and on the developers blog and to my knowledge that's still missing.

And again if I'm wrong please show me where to find that information!

Phluxus

Yeah, release is pretty sad, 1 jet, a lot of copy-paste content like UAV, same turrets for AA vehicles and more.