Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

I can just say after reading this whole thread... ArmA 3 may not satisfy in the start but modders will bring it to greatness. So launch time + some weeks = not very good, later = tons of mods. Gameplay, Missions, Vehicles, Weapons, etc. All that made ArmA 2 great too.

I also hope DEVs release some content for free but I doubt that is gonna happen. They have too much work on optimization ;(

I can just say after reading this whole thread... ArmA 3 may not satisfy in the start but modders will bring it to greatness. So launch time + some weeks = not very good, later = tons of mods. Gameplay, Missions, Vehicles, Weapons, etc. All that made ArmA 2 great too.

I also hope DEVs release some content for free but I doubt that is gonna happen. They have too much work on optimization ;(

Why do we always have to rely on modders to finish the work of the developers (who get paid to do their job)? We should not have to wait 2-3 years for a game to have the amount of content it should have included on release.

Why do we always have to rely on modders to finish the work of the developers (who get paid to do their job)? We should not have to wait 2-3 years for a game to have the amount of content it should have included on release.

That is what is wrong man, it in fact discourages mod teams from forming because of the lacking available material and the requirement of a complete overhaul in material. Sad story guys...

Not to mention that you will never see a single server playing with all the mods you like unless you host it yourself.

But hey at least the "it's a beta" excuse died and it's now "mods will fix it"'s turn

for a game to have the amount of content it should have included on release.

For what reason, aside from your self-entitlement, should the game have included more content than it currently does?

Not to mention that you will never see a single server playing with all the mods you like unless you host it yourself.

But hey at least the "it's a beta" excuse died and it's now "mods will fix it"'s turn

Here we go again...

Do you play in a community or do you play with yourself? If you do play with a community then the mods that community uses are the mods you like. Correct?

That is what is wrong man, it in fact discourages mod teams from forming because of the lacking available material and the requirement of a complete overhaul in material. Sad story guys...

I assume that you are part of one of these mod teams, considering that you exactly know this fact.

I am only missing military objects in the editor (barracks, field hospital / big hospital, radar). There is nothing to build a custom base with, only camo nets. Also no animals in the editor besides a rabbit, but thats no biggie. More jets are already prommised so not going to whine about that. Other than that, more then enough content to have thousands of hours fun with.

Also no animals in the editor besides a rabbit, but thats no biggie.

Try Modules - Sites ;)

I am only missing military objects in the editor (barracks, field hospital / big hospital, radar). There is nothing to build a custom base with, only camo nets. Also no animals in the editor besides a rabbit, but thats no biggie. More jets are already prommised so not going to whine about that. Other than that, more then enough content to have thousands of hours fun with.

Indeed. But definitely would like more editor objects like you have alluded to.

Try Modules - Sites ;)

Ahh right. I have still arma 2 behaviour when I'm in the editor :) Though would still be cool if you could manually set up some wild life. Some times you just want a few chickens walking around at a farm house and not a complete site (that you have no control over).

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Indeed. But definitely would like more editor objects like you have alluded to.

Well more is better of course. Personally they can add all military buildings to the editor, saves me the trouble of using script code to place them + that you can't sink them in the ground if it is a non editor object.

Each post saying that there's more than enough content makes sure that ArmA4 will have even less content for the same AAA price than the poor amount that ArmA3 has.

Each post saying that there's more than enough content makes sure that ArmA4 will have even less content for the same AAA price than the poor amount that ArmA3 has.

And that is your opinion. Cool.

What makes you think BI will be around to develop an Arma4?

What they've done is a serious catastrophe, they probably won't stay in business, especially if they spent a lot of money developing this.

I would be OK with the amount of content at the moment if there was more variety. I don't like that the factions are sharing things like turrets and statics, but I can deal with it for the moment. Not to make this a wishlist, but here are some things I'm missing that had equivalents in A2/OA, that I don't think it's unreasonable to request:

Static M2 .50 for FIA (I'd also use it for AAF)

Lower-tech civilian weapons such as (at least one) handgun, hunting rifle, shotgun (I was always sad there was no civilian shotgun in A2. Kozlice RIP :( )

More civilian cars

More civilians, including female civilians

Inventory objects for things like intel items ('evidence' items in A2)

And of course CAS planes

Overall I'm quite pleased with the number and variety of editor objects, and seeing as some of them are brought over from A2/CO I wouldn't mind at all if more stuff was ported over.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

I suppose I'll throw in my 2 cents on this topic too. I remember when Arma 2 was released I went to the store and bought it as soon as I could get box copy of it. I remember my complete disappointment when I couldn't even get the game to run. Arma 2 sat on a shelf for a long time before I tried it again, but when I did it was working, albeit not very well, but good enough to get a play. Over time I did buy every dlc that came out for it and kept my beta up to date along the way. From the point it was when it came out and today there are miles worth of improvements and I can't even begin to say that I'm disappointed with the game. BIS never left it alone and even though it took quite some time, it is among the best games of all time for me.

I am totally satisfied by the fact that A3 has made improvements over A2 even in its current state. We have so far to go before we see this game live up to its full potential and I think it's a big mistake to write it off or get too upset over what it looks like on day one. If BIS lives up to the previous level of commitment, we will certainly see many of the issues being raised in this thread worked out. As a mission developer, I can honestly say that the type of perfection some people expect just doesn't happen over night. Sometimes you think you have the solution, sometimes it's hard to find the solution but it's out there and I believe that if BIS finds a way to improve something in Arma 3, they will do it.

IMHO we will have a top notch game in a few years the likes of which we might have never seen before. Try to be patient.

Cheers

Yeah, it will be impossible to design a mission file worth playing on a public server from the handful of ugly, insult-to-the-intelligence junk in the final version of the game.

Eventually modders will add content worth playing with, and mission files can be created using that.

But it means people will have to download and activate addons before they can play the game, so it will be hard to maintain server populations on the scale of arma2, since whereas before someone could buy the game and jump right into a wide variety of compelling, fun game modes, now that is impossible.

What they've done is a serious catastrophe, they probably won't stay in business, especially if they spent a lot of money developing this.

You don't have to come in every single thread to reply the same thing to every single positive post about this game.

ArmA 2 was a far larger catastrophe of a launch developed on an engine that was far worse than A3's engine with far worse QA. The same with Operation Arrowhead.

Did BIS just disappear because those launches were complete failures with the netcode being as terribly bad as it was before 1.60 patch?

They did not. This launch has far surpassed any expectations anyone can hold after the launch of the previous titles.

What you think of ArmA 2 is of a decade of work on an existing platform.

If BIS does not lose the interest in ArmA 3 because of all this negativity caused by certain members, A3 will be an another masterpiece over time.

Right now A3 is lacking in units and other content, but the main gameplay is infinitely superior to A2. That is something you can not do in A2, but you can always create more content to A3.

We get it bro, you're butthurt. No need to spam every thread with the same crap.

Despite your predictions BI aren't likely to be going anywhere but "up" in the next few years.

ArmA3 ehhh... It's build on broken promises. We have seen numerous screens of units that would appear at full relase yet they are not there. Poor desicions such as moving FIA into blufor for whatever reason, probably campaign that won't come out till next month or two. No editor improvments other than more modules, whats that youwanted a briefing editor? here is a module, you want some mission templates? Here is a module, what's that you wan't built in unit Loadout? Whelp... can't help you whit that.

I got almost 4gb update today that added nothing diffrent from devbranch, nothing.

This is a fucking joke. I hope the reviews are kinder because I'm not. For me arma is a 6.5/10 at it's current state.

I thought the inventory editor would have been in the final :(

I thought there would be field hospitals tents etc...

lamp objects are still not there

come onnnnn

For me it was not the number of content , nor the quality of the content that is having problem ,

It is the functionality of the that leads to disappointment.

For example, the titan Launcher, it is still the same tab lock we always have, the only thing they ever change from the Javelin in ARMA 2 is a a delay on locking , a new model, and a USELESS FCS console view, the trap wire AP mine is just an AP mine with a bit larger triggering area, the UAV is fine but still lack proper gyro-stabilization locking function, OH! And don't make me to start on another RUBBISH UI or NO TRANSITION DURING MOVEMENT rant......